Need help getting off Risperdal Consta or Invega Sustenna

Posted , 31 users are following.

My son is 23.  He was attending college, working part time and working out daily at the gym.  He had a stressful period, and did a lot of drinking and smoking stuff that he shouldn't have been. He naturally desended into a psychotic episode. He was hospitalized briefly but recovered from it.  

He went back to live with his roommates in his shared apartment.  But they were afraid of him, and wanted him out, so they called the police, and claimed that he was hallucinating and had a weapon (none of which was true).  The police broke into his room, handcuffed him and took him to a hospital where he received a 234mg shot of Invega Sustenna on Dec 12th 2015.  It has rendered him a emotionless and physical wreck. He now sleeps at least 18 hours a day, sometimes getting up in time for dinner, sometimes not. He can bearly hold a simple conversation while he's up.

For the first couple of months he was suicidal.  He kept telling me that he just wanted to die.  He had and still has a severe case of anhedonia.  He feels no emotion at all, other than anxiety.  He doesn't like or dislike anything.  He gets no pleasure from eating or seeing the sunshine, or watching something really funny on TV.  He feels no satisfaction about anything and didn't look forward to anything.  He's worried that he may have permanent brain damage.  

We're tried seeing a different psychiatrist. But that one doesn't believe my son and thinks he needs to be on a "mood stabilizer".  I think that would definitely kill him at this point.

My smart, good-looking, athletic and motivated young son now wouldn't even make a decent zombie.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have a success story about getting off the long acting Invega or Risperdal?

5 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Only help is to slowly tapper off it takes a lot of time and patience but that is only way may have episodes and brain may get weird sometimes but that is only way recommend books by peter r bregginn and David Cohen phd . My hearth goes out to you and sorry for this 

Horrible deal in your life. That all I can say I been on psychotic drugs all my life inUS and it ruin my life body spirit and brain please save your son what ever it takes I have one son I would never wish anything so horrible and destroying on anyone.

• Posted

i tottaly agree peter r bregin just bought his book withdrawal from phycriactric medication very good, i hope now i can come off the medications in the future

• Posted

I have been off invega sustenna for over 2 yrs I I am much better but still suffer from anedonia unable to enjoy life and struggle with suicidal thoughts daily and personally want to use the f**k out of the makers of invega for this he'll is not a life worth living. I too was athletic and successful but I got sick and was called schscistophrenic or wtf ever but I thing that some spirits were just talking to me or trying to possess me now life is meaning less and I truly hope I die soon but is I wait till I'm 30 then maybe I'll get my emotions back well I take that back I can feel s**ty but I can't feel good so go figure i took invega sustenna for 5 yrs tho and at the smdose 234 mg every month cuz my doctor is a moronic b***h

• Posted

Hi sterling33642

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi Sterling. I just saw your post. I haven't been receiving updates on this discussion for some resaon.

I share and understand your anger with the negative side effects of this medication. You've been taking it for a long time. So it will take a long time to get out of your system. But it's not hopeless. You will get better.

Please consider contacting the FDA about the negative side effects of your medication. If they get enough complaints they will have to take action to get that medication off the market.

• Posted

Hi Sterling,

I'm very sorry to hear of the torment your experiencing because of that horrible drug Invega Sustenna.

How long were you on it? What mg?

I'm only 5 weeks out from 234 and 156mg doses.

There is hope. People are and have recovered completely. The feelings of hopelessness are just the Invega playing tricks on you.

After the 3 weeks point my symptoms haven't been near as bad as a lot of the other victims. I'm only concernef with high prolactin levels and my dopanine and serotonin receptors being blocked.

Try Macuna L-Dopa with Ashwagandha and drink a tall cup or two of coffee every morning for serotonin stimulation. Green tea is really good in the day too.

Your way past detox so I'm thinking it's just readjusting. Are you on any other or have you been on any other sort of "medication" after your last dose of Invega?

Hang in there. I heard two people recovered 100% around that 2 yr timeframe. There is Hope, don't give up

Josiah

• Posted

I can say that exercise helps tho I lost the weight and I look alright and I the invega did make me stop drooling so it's it all bad I guess ....naw it's Terrible if I have to feel like this the rest of my life I will kill myself it is not a life worth living it's not worth it at all

• Posted

Are you recovering well after the Invega Sustenna? Please see my post under resperidol.

Thanks,

Josiah Wright

• Posted

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear of your son's greatly unfortunate experience. I too was hit with the Invega Sustenna. It has rendered me far worse than better off.

Has your son recovered. Is he back to normal.

Josiah Wright

• Posted

Dear Josias,

My son recovered just last month. For him ( for us) was 2 years of nightmare because and his casa he was just stressed out and had a breakdown, he isn't schizophrenic. It took me an intensive hard work, researching about medication and the right doctors. here is what I found about Invega Sustenna. This poisoning medication make a mess in your body. You need to go to a endocrinologist and not to a psychiatric if ou are not schizophrenic. Ask the doctor to order tests for your adrenals hormone, Thyroid, neuro transmitter ( check online where to do this test, we order online). Also is very important to check your liver & kidney funcion and the most important (if you feel confuse and not present) is to test for the amnonia level in the blood. Invega can provoque Valproate toxicity that is very danger and already several people had die from it because the doctors usually focus only at the psychiatric side and invega damage more the endocrine system that make people halucinate. My son gat high amnonia and if was not me to ask a test for the amnonia level he would be dead today. most of doctors think that high level of amnonia is because of the fat in the liver, they don't know about the valproate toxicity caused by paliperidone.

My son only took natural vitamins (still taking) and minerals. The most important is to have a health diet with vegetables, seeds an fruits, make any kind of exercise, or walk and get help from natural vitamins & minerals until you recorver completely. My son never took any synthetic medicine,and never took anti depressant. he learned to deal with the side effects. Be aware that the only elements that balance the neuro transmitters and hormones are natural vitamins. Synthetic medicine make you worse and create addiction instead to cure. Everything pass, remember that, and you are stronger than you can imagine. Trust in yourself, keep yourself  connected to God. We learn a lot with the bad experiences. We grow and get ready to comeback to life feeling stronger.I  learned to trust more in my medical research than in a doctor. I believe in test results not in opinions. I know there are wonderful doctors, but the system here don't teach them anything about the importance of a good diet. I wish you lots of love, keep strong and exercise to make short this difficult process of get poisoned by invega sustenna.

Dilma

• Posted

Thanks for asking. He feels better physically. But the damage done to his personality from the anger and depression resulting from his treatment is not improving. He feels as if his life is hopeless.
    • Posted

Great post Dilma. I would also encourage people to stay away from synthetic folic acid. Some people including my son cannot metabolize synthetic folic acid. It builds up and becomes toxic in the body, and may cause mental health issues. But natural occurring folate from food sources is very important for good mental health.
    • Posted

Hi play2day,

I wonder if the feeling of hopelessness stem from Invega's possibly permanent damage if it's strictly not anything else.

Has your son tried Macuna L-Dopa?

The idiots that distro that trash they don't even want us to flush down the toilet should be stuck in the neck.

Everything with mental health today is straight out of Dr.Skousen's Naked Communist written in the 50's.

Enumerated in his fantasy list to see that communism was achieved was that every slight of mentality would require the ad hominen protocol of "medication".

All the trash does is poison the well, exacerbate psychosis, create physical illness, and sends us plummeting into economical despair.

The clowns that work in the "business" are mercenary self-centered wage protecting survivors.

To the tune of the abuse of capitalism, jewish media's 'Survivor ', aired weekly cries, "Who can screw who over the best for the monetary reward". It just sets the stage in understanding what is expected of us through this kind of sensationalization in a Zio-21st.

• Posted

Hi dilma,

That was very thoughtful of you, thanks for the input.

How long was your son on Invega Sustenna? What dose(s)?

Have you all tried Macuna L-Dopa?Aswagandha?

I hear your son has recovered. Has he come completely back to normal?

Josiah

• Posted

I agree with your thoughts completely.  

Generally speaking, I think psychiatrists medicate people, not to help the patient, but to make them "manageable", or simply to have regular clients.  There is plenty of research showing that people who are regularly medicated show the poorest long term outcome.  In contrast, people who have psychotic episodes and are never medicated appear to have the best long term outcome.  

My son has other problems that contribute to his feelings of hopelessness.  He doesn't take care of himself, doesn't eat right, smokes, drinks and dabbles with drugs.   Then when he drinks, he gets angry and abusive.  So he has very few friends and can't seem to hold down a job or get through any advanced education.  I'm not sure what his future holds.

• Posted

Dear play2day,

I am sorry to hear that. If your son is in drugs will be difficult he get out of the situation by it self.  In my research I found clinics that uses only vitamins that are very efficient to clean people. Look for NAD clinics. Usually people stay 15 days maximun and the addiction ends. Some clinincs are also specialized in invega sustenna detox. You are the only person that really can help your son. Research about those clinics and help him. Everything will change for better. Is a very difficult situation but it can be changed. Wish you love and strenght.

Dilma

• Posted

Dear Josias,

My son took twice 150 invega sustenna. he is very sensitive to synthetic medicine and invega almost killed him. We use macuna some times. We put it in the green juices we drink every morning. Also, 1 garlic in a glass of warm water with lemon and one tea spoon of coconut oil fast in great to detox the body. He drinks ashwaganda too and take high doses of vitamin C & B-12. Zinc is very important, vitamin D, vitamin B3 and B5. If is possible do a bllod test exam called "Amino acids". The results will show you exactely which vitamins and minerals are missing in your body and you can recover with natural vitamins( don't use the synthetic ones!). Lots of water and make enema always when you can to take out the toxins from your body. If if feel confuse, very tired and some times just can't sleep, please check with an endocrinologist your adrenal glands & thyroid that invega damage. On the internet you can find natural vitamins for the adrenal glands. My son is completely recovered but because his adrenals are still little inbalanced, some times he doesn't sleep well. But that is part of the process. Once his adrenals are balanced he will be 100%. Your diet is the most important thing to help you recover. Check your sugar. Avoid carbs. Make green juice in the morning. The amino acids blood test will guide you very well. I never heard about vitamin k2, didn't know it exist! The  result of the amino acid blood test showed he needed k2, and other vitamins. Check your vitamin D, Zinc and sodium that usually invega lower them and that means your imunity is very low. Probiotics is needed to increase your imunity. You can find on the internet 10 billions or more probiotic suplement. Greek Yogurt is a natural probiotic. Can be used as a dress salad mixed with garlic and salt. is delicious and will help you to detox invega. Lots of water and garlic! Me and my son are going to Brasil, that is our Original Country, to spend time with the family and relax. It helps to stay in the nature or on the beach just relaxing. Wish you the best and always remember that everything passes and we are stronger than we think we are. Keep yourself positive and meditate to conect to God, when the bad thoughts get closer.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear what you all are going through. Atleast he's recovered from Invega.

Would you say his recovery was 100%? I just really need hope that a complete recovery is possible.

It sounds like the drug hit him the worst ways imaginable. My only problem is the antagonism of my dopamine and serotonin receptors, although my prolactin levels, I feel, may be very high.

I had mistaken your son for a one who was in the gym all the time and, in general, really motivated in life until Invga came around and took all that away from him. Please excuse me if I am wrong.

I'm just 6 weeks out from the 234mg shot. Is there any way in hell I can speed up the detox process. I heard capsicium in chiles was helpful. I eat really healthy, but I'm needing more to be done in eliminating that poison from my system as soon as possible.

• Posted

Thanks play2day. I agree about the folic acid. We need to check carefully if is natural folate or sythetic acid folic. Some is sold asfolic acid but is natural and is folate. 

Warm Regards

• Posted

hey Dilma I’m sorry that your son had to go through this suffering for 2 years and glad to hear that today he is recovered. I had 4 injections of invega sustenna, my last injection was 10 months ago. I’m doing slightly better but no major improvement.  

My brain is so numbed that I feel even around 2 Years off I won’t be recovered. And I read a lot of horror stories of people not recovering even after 2 years. 

Is your son exactly like his prior slef, is his memory 100% back, does he have all his emotions. Is it possible to recover from this mess. I have no hope I feel that my life is ruined and I’m doomed for life

When did he and you realize that he was recovering ?? Thank you for helping, god bless you. 

• Posted

Hey play2day 

Hope your son is doing well. Nice to hear he’s better physically, has he lost all the weight ?? I gained 50 pounds from 4 injections of invega sustenna, 10 months off since my last injection and so far lost 10 pounds only 

It’s very devastating to hear even 2 years later he’s not feeling better emotionally.

Is he like his prior slef? Did his memory return completely. I read many reviews where people don’t feel much difference 2 years later. Another review a guy who had 2 shots 9 years ago. He leads a normal life runs his own business and all. But his dopamine serotonin still blocked he doesn’t feel emotions.

I feel I’m ruined for life, can people recover from this horrible poison. Will I ever be ok. I can hardly look after myslef, am I going to have to live this way from now on forward, still it’s gotten better now that I’m close to a year off I can atleast brush, clean my face, shower and eat. 

Is your son slowly transitioning back to his usual slef and old life ? I doubt people ever recover from this and I feel like I won’t ever be the same again in my life ever again, wut a miserable life these doctors injected me with poison

• Posted

Hey josiah 

You had one shot, hopefully your recovery will be faster than mine. I had 4 injections of invega sustenna, close to a year off, minor improvements, it’s gotten bearable but my memory is messed, I don’t remember my life and don’t have emotions my brain is heavily affected and I feel I’m stuck like this for years to come. I’ll be happy if I recover completely at 2 Years off but I can tell I’m in deep trouble and this won’t end even in another year 

Be glad that you only had one shot, keep going take care of yourslef the best way you can, it will all end

• Posted

Hi Sandh,

Thanks for messaging me. I feel your recovery is just around the corner now that the drug has been eliminated from your body. It can take 10-12 months to readjust and brain functionality to normalize. However, I have heard it can take up in to two years to normalize.

Try Mucuna L-Dopa and Ashwagandha for dopamine. Also, coffee is great for serotonin.

I'm just two months out and I can already slowly feel improvements.

Don't worry you will return to your old great fabulous self again it will just take a little more time to realign.

Make sure you eat raw baby spinach and garlic. Coconut water is excellent too!

Get on bluelight's chat site. There's good information on there.

Things will get better, don't give up.

We are all with you. God Bless.

• Posted

Not to make matters worse, but have you thought about maybe getting on Wellbutrin (low dose) and maybe an SSRI (for serotonin)? I think it would be safe for maybe 1-3 months.

Whatever you do, never take another Anti-Psychotic again! The garbage shrinks your brain and can leave you in shambles.

Were you taking any other drugs after the Sustenna injection?

I only got hit twice- 324 and 156mg.

There was nothing I could do, they were going to hold me down and force the poison on me. I had to take it.

• Posted

Hey Josiah

Thanks for your suggestion I try to eat healthy and do intermettient fasting everyday 

The drug eliminates within 10 - 12 months but the effects last longer, some people recover around 2 Years off and some don’t 

Thanks for the encouragement, I feel for you. Your still at just 2 months off but keep going one month at a time you will get through it 

The bluelight forum I don’t know the people came up with the timeline there 8 - 10 months to recover, but it takes around 2 Years or maybe longer. I’m willing to wait as long as I recover to be myslef again

But sorry I feel like I will never be my independent slef again, these drugs are strong 

I will try all that you recommended. 

Since your still in the early stages, baby steps do basic things. Make sure you eat on time, I know how hard it is to bath clean face and all in the beginning but be gentle with yourslef, take care of yourslef no matter wut the circumstances 

I’m here if you need support.

• Posted

I’m taking the natural route, I supplement with other things. 

No I take no other med, completely med free

This poison was forced on me just like you, I never consented. It takes long time to recover, your brain is forever altered.

• Posted

Yeah, another guy on here (I think one of those mom's that did this to them) said he returned completely back to normal just shy of two yrs. I takes retraining, kinda like a slow process of auto-correct after that poison leaves your body.

But I am hearing a lot more succes stories than horror.

Get on here sometime and ldt me know how your doing.

Keep fighting, and heal quickly.

• Posted

Thanks Josiah for giving me hope, it’s the worse torture ever where you lose yourslef your identity. 

He recovered, his memory 100% emotions, is he able to lead a normal life??  

Ye that’s wut I thought slow transition back to your old slef but then there’s second thought you can’t underestimate the poison

• Posted

Oh I know man, those evil devils need to be stuck in the neck with Trinza, that's 800mg, and I would do it to this horrible lady, but it cost like $4,000.

You believe that? The trash you and I would set on fire is worth more than gold in weight. Radiculous.

The guy came back 101%, no s**t.

They're doing it all the time, it's just that auto-correct thing I was talking to you about.

Baby (fresh) green spinach is like electricity to the brain in a very refreshing and reviving current. It really should help. I'd eat it with Mozarella, it's great for thyroid refunctionality. Also, Extra-Virgin Expeller-Pressed Coconut Oil to clean your blood. I imagine your down to the decimal of what you still got in you.

I've heard 100 days, 8 months, 10 months, 12-14 months, and nothing beyond 2 yrs except 2 or 3 out of a 100.

I just heard a guy the other day say he feels better than he ever did before!

Just stay positive, you'll come back around.

• Posted

Some people feel they are better than before when in reality they are pretty high on invega, there’s no way you feel better before you pass 5/6 half lives

people have hard time saying whether recovered or not under the effects of the drug

I dunno wut to believe anymore, I hope there’s a way out of this mess 

Thanks man, coconut is the best. It’s good that you still eating healthy 

• Posted

Well what is it? Motivation? Labido?

Do you still feel your receptors are blocked?

Some snap out, most snap out of it and others just take a bit longer.

Have you noticed any improvements 10 months out?

• Posted

Hi Sandh85089, 

I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you right now - thinking that you might be permanently disabled from this horrendous poison that doctors inject into people.  They are using humans as guinea pigs.  It infuriates me. There just hasn't been sufficient honest testing of these long term poisons on people.  

But take heart... there is no doubt that you will recover from the poisoning, as long as you are serious about taking good care of your body.  I think my son is back to his old self before he was poisoned by doctors.  He was always very thin, and didn't gain much weight after the injection.  He has since lost the weight, and he is back on a work out schedule, going regularly to the gym, and working on remodeling projects around the house.  He has also decided to apply for a job and is making plans to return to school - things he couldn't imagine doing a year ago.

Don't underestimate the importance of nutrition, and try to get some exercise and sunshine every day (no matter how hard it seems at the time).  I strongly recommend getting a really good blender, if you don't already have one.  It should be able to liquefy food quickly.   I regularly made smoothies for my son with tart cherry juice, various greens, a variety of vegetables and frozen fruits and berries, seeds, omega 3 oil, oatmeal, acacia fiber (a prebiotic), nutritional yeast, Vitamin D3, sunflower lecithin, probiotics, garlic, ginger, dates, figs, raisins, vanilla extract and stevia.  I make enough to last 3 or 4 days.  It sounds weird, but tastes really good.  It's an easy way to make sure you get the right foods every day.

Don't dwell on your misery.  I know it's easier said than done.  Try to concentrate on recovery using good nutrition and good gut health for proper absorption of your nutrients.  Prebiotics and probiotics are important.  Fermented foods are also great for your gut health.  A liquid omega 3 oil with DHA and EPA is necessary for proper brain function.  It's available on line, and in some stores.  Sleep is important too.  Your brain does repair work while you're sleeping.  

My son also thought that he would never recover from the poison.  But he did.  You will too.  It's a long road back, but you'll get there.  All you can do is take one day at a time.

• Posted

there’s minor improvements I have very light emotions, I can cry. I enjoy music not as much as before but still. I can read 

I can function, do basic things like bath clean my face everyday. I’m sleeping better, I feel tired or rested 

But that’s pretty much, it’s bearable.

My receptors are blocked and I don’t see anything improving, I have no imagination or thought process, I don’t feel emotions/feelings. Bad memory drug induced amnesia. I get no pleasure, have no interest in things,  no motivation or will to do anything, no appetite .. can’t lose 35 pounds 

But I’m definitely better than I was last summer. You will feel better during summer time..

• Posted

Thank you for replying, I’m doing the best I can taking care of my body. You said it I feel like I’m disabled for life, and having hard time dealing with the poison. I can not imagine things getting better my brain is so surpressed, I feel like my future is doomed or the next 5/10 years 

Lovely to hear that things are getting better for him, he deserves all the happiness in the world for having gone through this horrible experience at only 23. I’m 31 and preinvega I was only 113 pounds but I gained a lot of weight. I do intermettient fasting daily I’m vegan 

I always paid extra attention on diet and supplements but now don’t have the energy to, I don’t have appetite 

I eat very small portion but you’re right I will watch my diet and have smoothies easier to consumes 

I have probiotics, omega oil and a lot of high quality supplements at home like zinc mag selenium bio folate and bunch other. Thank you I will make sure I take them I’m only at 10 months off. It looks like another 14 months of hell .. 

Does your son get out .. do everything like he use to, enjoy the same things, or get excited when watching sports . Feels motivated ..

Is it seriously possible to recover, to be the same person again and to enjoy life, I fear these drugs leavin permanent damage and brain alteration 

Thank you for taking the time out to write back, you have a heart of gold 

• Posted

It sounds like you're doing the best you can, under the circumstances. One thing that my son went through during his recovery, similar to what you're going through, was that he said he had no imagination. That function of his brain was no longer working. So I believe that he couldn't imagine getting better. That may be what's going on with you also.

My son has recovered that ability. He is able to imagine what his remodeling projects will look like. He will disagree with me about how to finish certain aspects of a job because of how he imagines it will look when he's finished – and he's very particular about how things look. He also had a relationship with a girl for several months, and he had very strong feeling for her. That was also something he didn't care about a year ago. He works out and takes pride in his appearance now. After the invega shot, he just didn't care about anything for a long time. He also wants to go back to school. So he seems to have his motivation back.

I'm sure you're aware that as a vegan, you have to make an extra effort to obtain all the essential amino acids in your diet. I know that chia seeds (and some other seeds) are complete proteins. Proper paring of certain foods will also provide complete protein (such as beans and rice). The one big problem will be getting DHA/DPA long chain fatty acids in your diet, which are crucial for good brain function. They are depleted in a brain as it ages. DHA and some EPA is available from algae and also from seafood and dairy. Please so some research on that.   

Good luck.  Just keep working at it.  You'll get back to normal.  It's just a matter of time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.