Need help getting off Risperdal Consta or Invega Sustenna

Posted , 31 users are following.

My son is 23.  He was attending college, working part time and working out daily at the gym.  He had a stressful period, and did a lot of drinking and smoking stuff that he shouldn't have been. He naturally desended into a psychotic episode. He was hospitalized briefly but recovered from it.  

He went back to live with his roommates in his shared apartment.  But they were afraid of him, and wanted him out, so they called the police, and claimed that he was hallucinating and had a weapon (none of which was true).  The police broke into his room, handcuffed him and took him to a hospital where he received a 234mg shot of Invega Sustenna on Dec 12th 2015.  It has rendered him a emotionless and physical wreck. He now sleeps at least 18 hours a day, sometimes getting up in time for dinner, sometimes not. He can bearly hold a simple conversation while he's up.

For the first couple of months he was suicidal.  He kept telling me that he just wanted to die.  He had and still has a severe case of anhedonia.  He feels no emotion at all, other than anxiety.  He doesn't like or dislike anything.  He gets no pleasure from eating or seeing the sunshine, or watching something really funny on TV.  He feels no satisfaction about anything and didn't look forward to anything.  He's worried that he may have permanent brain damage.  

We're tried seeing a different psychiatrist. But that one doesn't believe my son and thinks he needs to be on a "mood stabilizer".  I think that would definitely kill him at this point.

My smart, good-looking, athletic and motivated young son now wouldn't even make a decent zombie.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have a success story about getting off the long acting Invega or Risperdal?

5 likes, 116 replies

116 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey play2day 

Thank you for responding. Yes I don’t have my imagination and not much thought process in my brain .. 

Is he able to move on from this experience and leave it behind, is there anything that’s pulling him back still 

Around when did you and your husband stopped watching him 

That’s great that he was in a relationship.. you lose the emotions completely and I hear a lot of people saying your emotions don’t come back as strong as they were preinvega 

I always been emotional, and emphatic .. and when I lost my feelings and memory I felt like I lost myslef, it’s a horrible feeling you feel that you’re doomed for life and there’s no way out of this hole. Even if it takes 2 years as long as we are able to recover from the nightmare.. all that matters .. but there are horror stories I read couple people saying 2 years later they feel the sam . I dunno why these docs are treating people with garbage and ruining their lives 

Yes diet and supplementing is very important.. I will start paying attention 

But I drink alkaline water and 5 litres of water a day, upped my water intake cause I put on weight .. hopefully it’s keeping my body in good health with intermettient fasting .. I’m sure I’m deficient in many things since for a year I didn’t eat proper 

Were things better around a year and half off ?? Or it took whole 2 years 

That’s a good sign that he wants to continue his studies, I can’t help it,  I stay in my room day in day out .. but once the weather is better coming summer I will try gettin out 

Last question now that your son is recovered smile how does he spend his days .. is it like the same way before he was injected .. do you notice changes between now and during his recovery 

Thanks a bunch for taking your time out to help me out, much appreciated it 

• Posted

Hi Sandh85089,

To answer your questions, My husband and I stopped living with our son at about the 7 month point. He was clearly getting better and able to take care of his basic hygienic needs and get food out of the refrigerator and heat it up (he's not much of a cook). He was also starting to argue with us a lot, and he was getting pushy about things. So I guess that was a clear indication that he was getting back to normal – lol. We continued to visit him 3 or 4 times a week for several months. I made sure that he had a regular supply of healthy smoothies. (and I still do) He wasn't back to normal though. The house was a mess, and he had no motivation to clean up. It wasn't until about at the 1 1/2 year mark that he started to care about what the house looked like and started some projects around the house. Now he seems really interested in fixing up the house (it's an old little cottage that needs a lot of cosmetic repairs).

Your situation is different from my son's. You had 4 injections, he had only 1 – which wasn't even the full dose. They typically give one injection of 234 mg, then another injection within 2 weeks of 156 mg. He never got the 2nd one because we were able to get him out of the facility after speaking with a judge. He was already feeling completely miserable after his first injection. He is also younger than you are, so his recovery is perhaps quicker.

I think the thing that's holding him back now is that he was never very good at social relationships, so he had a lot of problems in social situations, and he became mean and abusive, I think as a defense. But he was like that before the invega shot. I actually see a small improvement in his behavior compared to how he was before the shot. Perhaps he is maturing a bit. His emotions seem to have come back to normal. He also seems to do the same things now as he did before the shot. Unfortunately he was doing a lot of video gaming before, and he's back to that now. But he's also interested in going back to school. I'm hoping that he'll do better in school this time. He is also saying that he wants a dog. I think would help him having some company around – even if it's a 4 legged friend.

It's great that you're drinking plenty of water, since your kidneys help get rid of toxins from your body. It's just a guess on my part, but I might also suggest adding oatmeal to your diet. Invega is fat-soluble, and oatmeal helps to eliminate fat from the intestines and it lowers your cholesterol. So that might help eliminate the fat-soluble invega poison from your body in that way. A high fiber diet in general should help some. The faster you can eliminate toxins from the bowels and blood stream, the less time there is for toxins to get absorbed into tissues.

It's also probably important to try to not gain weight. Some drugs, probably including invega, are stored in fat cells, and could cause problems for a longer time. I know it's not easy because of what the invega has done to your metabolism. But that's why any kind of exercise you can do is very important.

Don't lose hope. You will get better. The people who are not getting better are probably not taking good enough care of themselves. Think of a car. It doesn't run for long if you put sugar in the gas tank, and let the oil run dry.

• Posted

Hello 

Thanks for the reply, Yes he only had one injection, where I had 4 

I had 2 injections within 2 weeks, another one a month later and then the last one a month after 

He had 234 mg, where I had 600mg in total 

I’m not too good socially either, I’m an introvert .. your son and I sound similar 

I wanted to move out of my parents before all this happened.. my family involved the cops and I was forced to take the injections 

I want to move out and live on my own but I can’t in this condition I hope things improve 

I will add oats to my diet, I’m not gaining weight anymore, I only gained weight when I got the shots. I ballooned up to 162 pounds, and 3 months ago I lost 10 pounds .. now I’m stuck at 150 lbs.. hoping I start to lose more weight with intermettient fasting but my body is a mess hormones thyroid and everything probably why I’m not losing weight fast 

Dilma posted her son recovered around 2 Years off, he had 2 shots around 400mg and I had 200mg more than him.. not much I hope I recover around the same time period.. 2 Years is a long time and anything taking longer is a lifetime of hell 

It’s impossible to look after yourslef in this state, I don’t even move .. my body is in bad condition I have no motivation no energy my brain is blank and I don’t have the ability to do wuts best for me anymore. Your right looking after your body is a necessary.. but this poison makes it difficult and leaves you helpless. I can’t bed rest for another year. 24/7 im in bed .. this is sad I never thought my life would take a turn like this  

Exercise and body movement is important for overall muscles but I can’t do even that much go out for a walk or something this seems like a lifetime .. hardly made it to 10 months off, entering 11th month 

That’s amazing he’s back to spending his days the way he used to, even if it’s gamin.. means everything normalized 

Lovely that he wants a pup, I love dogs might get one when recovered .. but right now I’m just like how your son was in his first year off.. I don’t care about anything.. I only find relief when I’m sleeping 

I hope this torture ends soon  

• Posted

Hey play2day 

In the your very first post, you mentioned that your son was worried that he may have permanent brain damage. That’s exactly how I feel. These meds alters the brain, even after you stop taking the meds the alteration caused by antipsychotics remain. I’m getting close to 11 months off and I feel like I have permanent brain damage and that I’m going to be like this for the rest of my life. Your son is lucky that you and your husband got him out of there. But my parents consented for the injections and here they are living their lives well and I’m screwed, my life is over. Honestly speaking people just get used to living this way, I don’t think anyone recovers from this poison .. 

You can only examine him from outside, I think we are left with permanent damage 

A lot of people have hard time telling whether they are better or in same condition cause the drugs mess you up, and you can’t tell anymore plus they don’t remember their prior slef 

I feel disabled and feel that the damage is permanent wut should I do 

Thank you for helping me

• Posted

Sorry, I know I'm not Dilma or Play2day, bit if I may, I just wanted to let you know that a lot of people recover around 18-22 months.

8 months is avg, but there are other factors to consider like how well you took care of yourself while it was in your system, how much you were shot up with, and if you were taking any other drugs during your recovery.

If if it was the worst, that 18-22 month mark is what I would really be focusing on.

In the meantime, try some Mucuna L-Dopa with Green Tea and Ashwagandha. Coffee will get serotonin going for you too and can really help jumpstart your day.

• Posted

Hey Josiah 

Thanks for writing 

Trust me I thought the same way that people recover but now it seems people just get used to the poison, your only two months off and your going by  wut you had read on the net. But I’m speaking from experience. It feels like brain damage

Also the people that say they are recovered, that’s wut they think but in reality they are still affected they can’t differ 

There’s no way out of this hole 

Don’t put too much faith in reading reviews by people who are all drugged up, their condition is bad I don’t think they can tell anymore about which state they are in, plus they have no memory they don’t remember who they were before the drugs

• Posted

My son talked just like you are talking.  It will take longer for you since you've been given more of the drug.  It's also really helpful to have some support and assistance.  I hope your parents can help you with that.

• Posted

No I’m always on my phone .. to keep my brain occupied with something.. I don’t bother my parents much 

I’m doing fine I get up eat go to sleep, function well with basic things 

But I’m struggling thinking my brain will never recover, how will I live the rest of my life 

• Posted

Sandh,

I strongly believe those that have recovered have left intelligent and coherent information in regard.

8-10 months is the wide berth. 12-20 is another. And I've even heard a small few find themselves normalized from 2-2 1/2 yrs.

Have you been on any other kind of "medication"?

A lot of the time the actual victims won't even bother with these sort of sites, but their mothers that did this to them will try to make an effort to explain for those they were elemental in the victimization of in the first place.

The fraud psych industry is all about control, and if they can control you with a cop-out invention of a diagnosis the one in the power position will win. It's an abuse of power and those that are in that field should be eliminated.

The mindless devils have murdered millions and cured none.

• Posted

Sandh,

Really, guys are back in the gym working out six days a week. They're running like they used to and like they never thought they would ever again.

I'd say when you get up to the two yr mark if your not better by 2 1/2, get Justice. Dig deep and find who it was that was responsible for the theft of your life and have a meeting with that person or those people.

Regardless, never take your own life. Those that have prospered off the great endangering of your person are nothing. Justice has a place in this corrupt disgusting world.

• Posted

Josiah, I hope you are not implying that I was instrumental in my son's poisoning by the psychiatrist who injected him.  I was totally opposed to what they did to my son, and I was outraged when I learned what they did.  I didn't even know that he was in the hospital until the police informed me.  My son's roomates are the ones who called the police.  The doctor's would not disclose to me what they were doing to my son because he was an adult and he didn't sign a consent form to allow me to get involved.  The doctor's are the ones who talked my son into taking the injection.  They said it would make him feel better, and he trusted them.  I would have nixed that idea if I had known what they were planning to do.  

I know that most parents tend to believe what doctors and psychiatrists tell them.  I'm not like that.  But I still think it's wrong to blame the parents.  When something bad happens, and it's a crisis situation, and parents don't know what else to do for their loved one, most will listen to doctors, psychiatrists and other health care officials.  They are ususally trying to do the right thing. 

I think it's important to consider that some people actually claim that medication helps them.  But for other people, like my son, and many others, medication makes them much worse.

• Posted

Play2day your a good mum for getting him out of there 

But both my parents told the doctor made up s**t the hospital I was in, and they consented for the injections 

They told the doctor to not release me until I’m better, was injected with invega if they asked the doctors to let me go I won’t be going thru this nightmare 

And here I am almost a year off still not better, And I’m still surviving through this nightmare 

No medication at all now Josiah 

• Posted

Always honor they mother and thy father.

Instead of them now making you codependent on them I would remove myself if your not better by the 2 1/2 yr mark. I just don't see how you could get past that. There is always the exception of the parents. For now, I would really take as much support as they can offer. You will need every bit of it.

• Posted

I wanted to move out that’s how I got myslef in this mess, I wanted my own place.. but they have me back at the house all drugged up with invega. I wish to leave and not live with them if I ever recover 

They did this to me, if I ever recover to be the same person again. I would not want to have anything to do with them. 

Josiah thank you for writing me back although you’re suffering a lot more than me

• Posted

The one's that say the drugs have helped only believe in such because all they hear is, "this drug will make you better" or "this drug will make you more attractive, beautiful, and the like". I think many are so retarded and desperate they'll try anything to be more accepted. You can't discount the physical damage, and bottom line AP's shrink the brain, period.

As for the horrible situation that had occured with your son I have heard time and again where it's parents doing this to their boys and it's usually the manipulative mothers.

So, with the particulars, I wouldn't of expected anything less than one's parents attempting to get their children out of the con "hospital".

• Posted

What do you mean I'm suffering a lot more than you? I was jackin off in a month with a 90% erection, hahaha.

No really, I have hell with motivation and doing anything is really hard for me. Did you have a headache all the time in the beginning. Gyno? Bone aches?

I'm sleeping okay. I just don't feel myself. What was going on with you?

• Posted

I felt nothing no headache getting tired or rested no getting hungry or thirsty, and I preety much feel the same as I did back then only thing is I gotten used to it now and it’s gotten bearable and I can function now 

Before it was difficult to even wash my face twice or brush 

I left my house a year ago and my parents called the cops involved them in it .. they got me on these drugs and now have me back living with them again 

If I was not in this state I would not live with them

The truth is you’ll never be the same person again 

• Posted

Thanks Sandh, but I don't believe that because were seeing case after case where people are getting on sites like this and proving it with living testimony. They are logical, rational, and completely reliable surviving victims.

Please, get on Bluelight.

I feel all those things you said you were having difficulty experiencing.

How were your prolactin levels?

• Posted

Recovering 8-10 months is not correct. Bluelight is bs, people who had 2 injections it takes 2 years atleast. Anyone with 3/4 injections maybe 2 and half years .. 

People obviously still have the drug in their system and majorly affected and some can’t tell they think they are recovered. 

Recovery need atleast 2 - 2 and half years and maybe even 3 years. This drug is poison 

• Posted

I think some people truly believe they are better because of the drugs they were given. Either that or they are paid shills for pharmaceutical companies and they are infiltrating websites to try to help the company image and promote Pharmaceuticals. I could absolutely see Pharmaceutical companies doing that as part of their marketing strategy. In fact that's why I quit posting on the blue light website. Some of the moderators were so angry about my anti Pharmaceutical posts that they ganged up on me on a regular basis. It just got to be exhausting for me. I didn't have the time or energy to argue with all of them.

I believe that Pharmaceutical companies don't like to admit their products are dangerous, similar to what tobacco companies did for many many years. A lot of their drug trials are set up in a way to eliminate people who don't do well on them. So the results of the drug trials show that the drugs are more effective than they actually are.

• Posted

Bluelight gave me headache .. if you don’t recover within 8 - 10, then the people on it say there is something wrong with the person who is not recovering and it is no longer the drug. They blame the person and say they have a mental illness 

And majority of the people have no idea, they are following others and saying they are better around 6 months .. blue light is waste of time and energy 

• Posted

Sandh,

Hi, I was just wondering how much you received and how long you received it.

• Posted

Hi Josiah, 

I had 4 invega sustenna injections (duration 3 months) also at the emergency upon arrival they gave me an injection of some drug, I dunno wut it was... 

I’m 11 months off since last injection and have no hope for the future. The worse part is people don’t feel they are the same person ever again .. 

• Posted

What were the doses?

I take it you had the loading 234mg and 156mg a week later followed by 156mg each month after. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

• Posted

Yes I had the loading doses 234 mg and 156 mg a week apart, then the nurse told me 100 mg every month for 2 months

I think we are all screwed, our lives are over.. even 2 and half years later you still feel not yourslef, it seems it alters the brain permanently 

I feel disabled and have to depend on others. I don’t want to live at my parents, they got me injected with invega and now have me staying with them at home. This is a nightmare 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.