Need help with penis foreskin infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I have an infection on the foreskin of my penis. It began 3 days ago when the skin turned flaky. Then suddenly the skin looks like it was scratched even though it was not. It has got to a point when it is being quite painful to wear underwear and pants. I have been using a mild lotion and did help in the beginning. It also seems like the "wound" is healing. I have touched the site and the black patches feel quite dry. I am uncircumcised. I can pull back the foreksin and it does not at all hurt to pee. I had a STD testing done very recently and everything came back negative. I have not had sexual intercourse since then. I have attached photos. Please suggest some OTC that I can take.

Thank you.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

That looks like something you should see a doctor about rather than trying to treat yourself, as cracks on the outside of the foreskin can keep getting worse, and can eventually lead to a need for circumcision  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

If you don't see a doctor (and I think you should), then I would treat it as balanitis (technically it's actually balanoposthitis or posthitis, since it only appears to affect the foreskin).

These links may help, though the second article is written for doctors:

https://patient.info/health/balanitis-leaflet

https://patient.info/doctor/balanitis-pro  ;

Washing (with water, no soap) daily, and taking a leak and washing after masturbation or sex will probably help, and you could also try Canesten cream or Daktarin cream.  Loose fitting cotton underwear may help, and some sites recommend washing underwear with non-biological washing powder or liquid.

(Canesten is also known as Clotrimazole, and Daktarin is also known as Miconazole or these brand names: Desenex and Zeasorb in US and Canada, Micatin, Monistat-Derm, Daktarin in India, UK, Australia, Belgium and the Philippines, Daktar in Norway, Fungidal in Bangladesh, Decocort in Malaysia.)

The root cause may be that your foreskin seems to be very tight (phimosis).  Stretching and maybe steroid creams will normally fix that, but you can't try stretching until the scarring is completely healed.

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I will try the Clotrimazole first. How many times a day do you think I should apply it?
    • Posted

I still think you should see a doctor, but if you're going to try to treat yourself, then I'd use the Clotrimazole every two or three hours.  If it gets any worse or you still have cracks in a week or two, then please please see a doctor.

If it heals up, then once it's completely healed, try to make sure that you can retract your foreskin easily when your penis is erect and soft.  If you can normally retract, this shouldn't be too difficult, but if gentle stretching doesn't work, then you could try a steroid cream.

• Posted

I have applied Clotrimazole once and it really hurts. 
    • Posted

I'd continue with it anyway unless the pain's too bad.  If it hurts too much, then you could try a regular moisturising cream, but Clotrimazole is antifungal, which is why is might help.

• Posted

Ok I think I have figured out what the problem is. I just applied the Clotrimazole again and this time it did not hurt. I think it hurts when the affected area touches the underwear. I literally am sitting with my junk out. Do you have any suggestions how to deal with that problem?

Thanks

• Posted

After applying Clotrimazole for roughly 3 days I have experienced significant improvement. The cracks have healed and the skin turned quite dark where the infection was. Today in the morning the extra skin came off revealing smooth new skin underneath it. I am going to continue applying Clotrimazole for 4 more days to get rid of any more fungus. I was put on CIPRO a couple of weeks before to treat diarrhea. Is it possible that the fungal infection happened because of the antibiotic?

Thanks. 

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. I think I will try the Clotrimazole first. How many times a day do you think I should apply it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.