Need help with withdrawel

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I have been taking DHC for years, I usually take 6 30mg every morning, sometimes 8, I don't take anymore throughout the day, I know to most people this seems such a low dose, but I'm scared, I want to stop, but I don't know how to be normal again  [sad]  I need to wake up without taking them being the 1st thing on my mind!! In the beginning it was amazing, I was on the ball, doing things, looking after myself, now I just sit around, I keep the house tidy etc..I WANT TO STOP, I have a Granddaughter now & this should make me more determined, I know my withdrawel won't be anywhere near as bad as some on here but I'm scared, I know I'm gonna feel rough, Ideally I would like to sleep for a week & wake up not needing them, I also need to put a stone & half on...Please someone help me, I'm NOT telling anyone as no one knows but surely I can get off them quick?? I need help PLEASE!!  I have 2 left & prescription 5 days away, I shall be telling my Dr but don't want to taper I want off them, I'm so so scared I look after my Granddaughter most days & can't be ill with her.....I stopped an addiction to 80-100mgs of oxycontin years ago, just taking solpadene & that was a hellish week or so, I've been told it's worse with dihyrocodeine sad Can someone please help me sad I hate this!!!

2 likes, 195 replies

195 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey, haha don't be sorry!! I changed my name lol, too many people know me as Sboo & I'm scared someone will recognize me....I know it's a lose dose compared to some on here, but I find it so hard to not get that warm fuzzy happy feeling, I literally open my eye's & it's the 1st thing I think of sad I now have 28, have taken 4 & will ask my Son to control them!!

I know my withdrawel will be quick & fairly easy but it still scares the crap out of me! It's been so long, when I was last clean I felt great, enthusiastic, wanting to live life to the full, I have another Grandchild due in November & although my Darling 17 month should of stopped me, I'm hoping to now put my Children & Grandchildren 1st & also do it for myself!!

Oh no please don't buy them, it's not worth it, I know how much you want that lovely weekend, but what if it turns into every weekend?? Are you in the USA? I don't know how to buy them on-line? I'm prescribed & sometimes such as today get an extra strip or two!!

I thank God I never kept going up & up, although I did spend a lot when on the oxy's!!

Hope we keep in touch, nope I'm not a dude smile Stay strong x

• Posted

I am in uk so I am not going to tell you how easy it is to get them sent straight to your door next day delivery boxes of 200s 30mg no wonder this country has such an addition problem this is all legal in uk as well shocking I am on a really good wage but I started taking as stress relief I could function fine taking 30 at 1 go am not proud of that bye the way just shows how quick tolerance plays apart then the fear of withdrawal I would like to keep in touch least ave got you guys if a fall off the wagon thanks sozy and Alexandra am a 16 stone man used to body build and a feel like crying typing this 🙈❤️❤️❤️👍Thanks guys xxxxxx
    • Posted

Oh James, I cannot imagine taking 30 a day, I think my highest was 10? Don't fall off that wagon, I did sad I had 28 given to me Friday, I still took 6, 6 yesterday & 6 today, oh the shame!! I now have 7 left until Wednesday!! I have a prescription for 56 every 2 weeks, but when I see the Dr Wed, I'm asking for weekly, I HAVE to beat this, it's so hard, open my eye's & in they go, am I not ready?? I want it so bad so WHAT is stopping me, from previous experience I know I can do this within 2 weeks, it's just soo hard to start taking my 'prescribed' 4 a day, I know by day 4/5 I will feel the 4 like I feel the 6, I don't get it, I want this so bad, what is wrong with me?? Are you still taking? ((((hugs)))) xx
    • Posted

No I havent made any purchases yet don't intend to sometimes I get weak after alcohol or if I have a big job coming to manage but you will be fine don't let the DHC steal your natural enioyment so what you took six had a buzz probly were doing stuff like super women next time take 5 and so on and so trust me I couldn't enjoy anything without them it was that bad for my wife's 30th we went on a cruise and I had to take 200 30mg prescribed from online and hide that the whole time from my wife just so I could enjoy a Caribbean cruise trip of a life time and needed to take them bloody things with to keep happy for my wife's sake who has no idea so do it now before you end up like me am feeling better but a like a bottle of Rosie now can't win can you lol or you could just send your prescription to and I will put them in the bin for you 😬😘 take care let me know how it goes xxx
    • Posted

Well done James smile (no YET) you have come so far, my gosh I cannot inagine how you coped, I thought I was in trouble but wow!! You are a real trouper...I understand how you felt on the cruise, isn't it just the worst when your loved one's think your happy & full of life but really those poxy things are doing it...Please please stay strong, you say yourself how bad it was, you wanna go through that again?? Of course you don't! How long has it been since you took anything?

Yep I took 6 a day for the last 3 days, my usual dose, but the day before I got those 18 I didn't take any (didn't have any) I have taken 3 today (all I have) for now as I get 14 later but & it's a big but, I am praying I find the strength to just take 3/4 tomorrow, same Wednesday, I'm seeing the Dr then, I will get 28 as I'm asking for weekly prescriptions now, it will help me!! Yep I've felt like Superwoman now I feel supercrap...I long for the day people say "are you on drugs?" I love that, it means I've cut right down & my eye's are wide, pupils are wide, because everyone see's my eye's half shut my pupils like pinholes all the time, even to myself I look high as a kite, cocaine wise,  but I love it as it means the worst is over!!  I'm hoping to do a fast taper, as follows..starting Wed, 4, 3, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2 for a few days then one.....Hoping!! I think my fears are more than the withdrawel, it's not having that feeling anymore, that's where I'll struggle most!! Not a big drinker, 2 wines & floppppp! Will be nice to enjoy the odd glass once or twice a week to celebrate...Not a huge fan so not worried I'll turn to alchol smile Can I ask if your in the UK? I am, just not sure if we can say as it's all ANON XXX

• Posted

I never knew this and thank God, I'd be dead for sure! I always thought those sites knock you off at the end of the process? Surely this can't be legal? The closest I got was buying 200 eherdrine pills online... God knows what I was thinking... Not even sure if it's illegal but I stopped after serious heart flutters... Scary shyte!
    • Posted

Yeah mate it's legal you answer all the doctors questions online he writes your prescription sends it pharmacy next day delivery they get away with it as they don't prescribe you for another month plus the docs that work for these sites have no souls like a murder defence lawyer it's not cheap bro they make a killing put off it so don't even research or go there and there is no way am telling the trusted sites to tempting because believe most are frauds you get asperins lol
    • Posted

Lol, with my luck I'd probably get Smarties. Never knew that though but don't worry I won't be trying to buy any.
  • Posted

Hey, just thought I'd jump in and say hi, I replied on the other thread... Would you prefer I post here? Might keep things simple, I'm still trying to navigate this site...
    • Posted

Ok, thanks James. 4pm saw me enter day 10 without the beast! It's been a ten year struggle... I spent 18 months on Subs got off them and was clean for a bit but due to back issue ended back on DHC, up to 40 a day. I'm done for good, no more!
    • Posted

Heyyy Nick, so glad you did this, I was scared I was gonna lose you, better to be in one disscusion smile Me to as far as navigation!!  Hopefully you can see my reply above to James so I don't have to write the whole thing again to you smile xx
    • Posted

Nick, well done, 10 days off those demons!! How are you coping?? Up to 40 a day, how did you do this? Jump? Can I ask how many you were taking the last week or two before you started day 1? I would love to be 10 days clean, but I'm feeling bad, you & James were taking SO many, I sound pathetic "can't get off 6 a day, can't cope without them) I should be ashamed, but I promise to me it feels just as bad, I'm scared, the 3 I've had today should keep me fine, it's tomorrow that worries me, will I take 4, 3, 6?? Sorry to both of you, but thank you, I have never talked so much about this or had support like I now feel I'm getting from you both...I really wish I could say more to help you xx

• Posted

Thanks Free. I'm feeling really crap today... Been awake since 2am ugh! I drank wine last night... Seemed like a good idea at the time but now I feel as sick as a dog and hurt all over. Sweaty too. At my worst, a few years back I was up to 40 a day plus chewing Fentanyl and some morphine pills here and there... That's when I went on to Subs. This time I'm coming off about 15 + a day so not as bad but the dose was creeping up again. I hate the b@stard things! Sorry guys just having a bad moment? Gonna be a tough day, I'm so restless.

Freedom, I'm confused by your numbers. What is your plan? Not judging at all just confused. You can get over the worst in 3 or 4 days and then never have to take the wretched things again. Or maybe your doc can prescribe a milder opiate like codein to ease you off? I so want you to do this, I'm sure you will. x

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear your feeling like crap, stay strong!! Occaionsly I have a glass or two of wine, but not enough to get hangovers...Are you saying your on 15+ Subs a day, subs? these are what block out anything else you may take yeh? I've been told these & methadone are harder than everything to get off!! I wish I could give you a hug, you will get better, before long you'll look back (being nice & healthy) & hopefully never touch anything again!! 

To be honest I'm not sure I have a plan, taken 6 again today sad 6-8 is what I've been taking for just over a year, I started them again because I confessed to my Daughter that I was back on oxy's, chewing up to 150mg every morning!! I feel I shouldn't even be on this site as people on here are doing so much harder than I have to! I don't understand why I can't take 6 5 4 3 2 1 done, 6 days then some Wd's & slowly back to health..Am I kidding myself, Dr's day after tomorrow where I will pick up 28 (asking for weekly's to help, normally 56 2weekly) Surely if I can go from 150mg's of oxy's to 6/8 DHC 30mg then this should be a breeze!! I want to do it Nick, I need to do it but something is stopping me, my name is Sarah, I choose Freedom because that is what I want!! Does the wine mess with the subs or was it BC you drank a lot? Stay strong Nick, your feeling like crap & yet you still stop by to help me smile I am proud of you, wrap up warm, plenty water etc, al these things you know! There is light at the end of the tunnel, look at what you used to take!! You are amazing! Thank you for caring xxxx

• Posted

Hey there. No, I was on Subs some years back for 18 months but got off them and was clean for a bit. They are tricky to come off for sure but I found help online and managed it. I did one hell of a taper! There seems  to be a more certain timeline with Subs and withdrawal, that was the case for me anyway. Listen Sarah... I have been at both ends, I was even stuck on co codamal for a while so don't ever think your habit is petty. Or that you should be able to breeze through without a sweat, it's not the case I know. The thing is though, you CAN do this but I think and please forgive me if I'm wrong, that you are going round in circles a little? If you can't stick to a taper (most of us can't) then you might just have to plan a jump? Please prove me wrong and do this! I had someone hold my pills in the pat but I'm an addict and I managed to speak my way into getting more than I agreed to. I'm a good liar especially to myself. I understand you are scared... What I found helped was just being honest to myself and kind of letting go to the idea I was gonna hurt for a bit. Don't give it any power! I drank way too much yesterday... I never get hangovers BC I'm usually so banged up with opiates. I hurt all over! Ugh! Thanks for your support. x
    • Posted

Thanks Nick, 

you are right, huge circles, that's why I need my Son involved, he will help, I'm just scared of never feeling my old self again, not the happy high self but the clean sober self, been too long sad

I am also a good liar to myself!!

Yep gonna write a letter to myself today, my goals, my dreams, MY PLAN & how much I will enjoy life once clean smile

Be careful with that drink, to to easy to get addicted & very bad Wd's

Power?? You just hit nail on head, that's it I have to stop their power, stop those stupid pills ruling me, it's my brain, my mouth my stomach, why should they win!!

Hope your ok today Nick, sending hugs xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.