Need help with withdrawel

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I have been taking DHC for years, I usually take 6 30mg every morning, sometimes 8, I don't take anymore throughout the day, I know to most people this seems such a low dose, but I'm scared, I want to stop, but I don't know how to be normal again  [sad]  I need to wake up without taking them being the 1st thing on my mind!! In the beginning it was amazing, I was on the ball, doing things, looking after myself, now I just sit around, I keep the house tidy etc..I WANT TO STOP, I have a Granddaughter now & this should make me more determined, I know my withdrawel won't be anywhere near as bad as some on here but I'm scared, I know I'm gonna feel rough, Ideally I would like to sleep for a week & wake up not needing them, I also need to put a stone & half on...Please someone help me, I'm NOT telling anyone as no one knows but surely I can get off them quick?? I need help PLEASE!!  I have 2 left & prescription 5 days away, I shall be telling my Dr but don't want to taper I want off them, I'm so so scared I look after my Granddaughter most days & can't be ill with her.....I stopped an addiction to 80-100mgs of oxycontin years ago, just taking solpadene & that was a hellish week or so, I've been told it's worse with dihyrocodeine sad Can someone please help me sad I hate this!!!

2 likes, 195 replies

195 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

what is really hard is knowing, I don't even have to leave the house to get some more... I'm thinking, let's just go on to 3 a day and make this easier on myself. What am I thinking... Crazy right! No no no!
    • Posted

Sorry Nick, I replied to you but it was to me??  Hope you see it, I'll try copy/paste now xx

Nick, I don't understand what your saying? You can take 3 of what? Sorry, remind me again what your daily usage of meds is? Not crazy? I'm ashamed as I've taken 6 again!! I really want to start dropping but it's always tomorrow!! xx

• Posted

i was stupidly contemplating taking 3 DHC as a way to feel a bit better. Mind games! I will not!
    • Posted

You and I both know 3 won't do sh*t it will just put you on the mission to catch the buzz take the pain take the the misery and then trust me you will wake up some day from now and not even realise your cravings is fading it's on the retreat then you got to try stay clear off stuff that trigger the craving a cant watch a god dam pain killer advert on tv without making me twitch stay strong bro
    • Posted

Thanks James..l nearly missed this! Finding this site a bit strange to navigate!
    • Posted

And you are right..l what would 3 do? It would be 10 within the hour for sure!
    • Posted

Yep 3 will do nothing, & may set you back on this awful road...

I can't wait to say I feel great & clean smile  Take care xxx

• Posted

Stay strong and if anyone needs any information or advice on withdrawal ..I'm here!
    • Posted

Thank you, are you still taking, were you an addict? I need help starting, I need to wake up & say "right today I start" WHY can't I do that xx

• Posted

Hey Alex! I'm thinking the loperamide kind of strung out my withdrawal a bit. Def had milder symtoms but more strung out I think. Any ideas on loperamide and withdrawal?
    • Posted

Yes I was addicted. About 30/day of Dihydrocodeine. I did it cold turkey! Brutally hard...took about 6 weeks to feel pain free. But I did it and you can too ! It's been about 10 months and I dont even think about them anymore. Keep me posted.😁
    • Posted

Well done you!! I can't wait to say those words....

Shall be in touch for the support your offering smile

Thank you for caring xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.