need some advice....

Posted , 8 users are following.

In on day 5 now of no alcohol even though I must admit it feels like 5 weeks lol. Anyways I am very moody, irritable, having hot flashes, feeling fuzzy and light headed .... not shaking or trembling but just feel off. I also feel very bloated. Does anyone know if any of this is normal when you stop drinking. I guess my drinking was a bit worse than I thought it was. I have no.desire at all to drink which is wonderful. I have had the thought maybe once a day but I chase it away quickly. If anyone has experienced any of these symptoms how long do they last, oh and I also feel very fatigued, just lethargic almost, any advice welcome . Thank you

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well done Lorilin, you've done amazingly well! I to, want to do the same as you.

I tried going to an ARC but hated it. I did have bloods done though & physically, I'm not dependant on alcohol but I know I am mentally. I desperately need to stop but I get to day 3 and then cave or I hit a weekend which I use as an excuse to drink cos of working all week!

Your post has inspired me and any words of advice would be much appreciated!

Well done and keep going!

Rach

• Posted

Rach, I was the same exact way. Day three and I'd be back at it again, it was my escape from reality and stress and life. Today starts day 6. I had no idea my body would feel so crappy, sometimes I think it's all in my head. I would love to have a friend to go thru all this with so if your ready let's do it together, inspire one another and help one another. Tomorrow makes a week since I last drank. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you completely quit you definitely realize you picked up a drink more.times then you realize. Last night.I had some major stomach.issues and couldn't sleep and I realized all the.times.I.have looked my best and felt good about myself was when I wasn't drinking so it sunk. I won't let myself down and now that your following me I won't let you down either. Hope to hear from soon!!

• Posted

What a brilliant achievement. I was supposed to start a detox on 5 September but has now been put back to 12 September due to blood pressure issues. I hope I can feel the way you feel about alcohol when I come through it. Are you in the USA?
    • Posted

I am in the USA. Pennsylvania to be exact. Tomorrow marks my one week since I had a drink, small accomplishment but it's a start. I can't wait to say one month and so on ..... I can't even believe how long I spent escaping life. It's amazing how many people fight this beast, it's something you never realize until you quit and try to better yourself.

• Posted

About 7% in the US have a Alcohol Use Disorder, so yeah. Many out there with this problem.
    • Posted

I live in a college town where growing up drinking was the only thing to do so I'm certain I know that more than 7 percent of the people I know have a problem ..... but it's not looked at like that, we have drug problems that people barely take serious so alcohol is just accepted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.