Need some help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered with severe clinical depression for several years now and possible Bipolar disorder. I was referred to a psychiatrist around a year ago, who I have to see once every week. I've only ever been on Sertraline, in which they have now taken me off of due to it not working. They are going to try me on different medicines. However, I have not seen my psychiatrist for 5 weeks now and I'm left on no tablets whatsoever. I am really struggling, my mood is just constantly up and down, making things difficult at home. Also, I am finding myself very angry, irritable and have a temper. I just feel completely depressed and have hit rock bottom. Overall, I just don't feel as though life is worth living anymore and I haven't for a long time , except now I feel lower than ever. I don't have anyone I can call or go see so I don't know what to do. Does anyone know what I could do to get help from someone? I know I need it, but don't know how to get it or where from. Thanks. 

0 likes, 60 replies

60 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone, I've meant to get back to a few comments for several days but kept forgetting. I did contact my GP in which they too, couldn't believe the way I had just been left. Neither they or myself could get hold of my psychiatrist up until today which is now the 6th week I've seen no one. Found out there's been no plan set in place with me being swapped over to different tablets- completely different to what I was told to do and was aware of what had supposedly been done. They're also taking me off the system next week due to me turning 18, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have told me had I not have finally got hold of them either! Seems like I'm back to square one. sad Still I'd like to thank everyone who commented with help and advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.