Need some hope... Flux 7 weeks

Posted , 7 users are following.

So finishing up my 7th week on flux. 5 weeks on 20 mg and 2 weeks on 40 mg. I feel more myself but anxiety and panic are very present. Seems like since upping the dose my panic has got worse. Almost feels like when i started the 20mg. Anyone else experience this with the dosage increase? When I'm not anxious I do feel more myself but anxiety has been everyday!

1 like, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I would carry on with the fluoxetine I'm on week 9 and it's bin a god send for me I do sometimes feel anxious and I sometimes have mild panic attacks at night but nothing major it has helped me a lot stick to it for another couple of weeks and see how you get on

• Posted

How long before you get better?
    • Posted

I have read a lot that every time you up the dose you can start again with the side effects. They will settle down again. I know how you feel. The anxiety comes with nausea and the shakes for me. I'm almost 5 weeks and just upped the dose last Monday to 30mg. My psychiatrist thought I would be less likely to increase the side effects by doing only 10mg. Still got them though. I hate how the anxiety makes me feel weak, and unsure and adds to the depression. Without it I feel much more like myself. More confident and positive. 

• Posted

Anxiety is such a horrible thing! Completely agree. It's been rough since upping dose but hopefully we will all see the light at the end of the tunnel soon!

• Posted

Hang in there. I'm at week 9. I have some anxiety in the mornings but it goes away. Which is a far cry from where I was with constant anxiety. I was on 40 mg for four weeks now. My side effects went away around three and half weeks of upping the dose. But yes I had increased anxiety.

• Posted

So it's been 2 weeks and 2 days since upping dose and my anxiety is still crazy! Have to take Clonazepam at work because I get so panicky. You said it was over 3 weeks before you felt a difference? How are you now?

• Posted

HI John,

I am now taking 1mg clonazepam every morning to get by. It's been a week and a half since upping my dose.  I really believe the anxiety is far worse than the depression. Let's hope it settles down for all f us soon.

I hope you feel better tomorrow and get some rest.

• Posted

Well right now I feel like crap. It's been nine days since I stopped my xanax. I still have anxiety but I think a lot of it is withdrawal symptoms. My head is a fog and can't see straight. But the Prozac side effects are gone. I do feel less anxious then before to a more controllable level but I still haven't left the house yet. I was able to stop the xanax at 3 weeks after upping dose to 40. Hang in there and take it day by day. I get so upset sometimes but tell myself Day by day.

• Posted

Thanks. I also take 1 mg a day. Hope you have a great weekend!
    • Posted

first half the month when all this started it was 2 mg a day. Then I slowly tapered on my own down to a .25 a day which was tortureThen I stopped. My body got hooked fast to taking it. Yesterday was the first day I felt half decent from withdrawal. Hopefully today is better. Not bc of withdrawal but the anxiety I haven't thrown up in the mornings in over two weeks. Today marks week ten.

• Posted

So happy you had a good day! Thanks and I hope you have more good days. I'm still shaky this morning but with the help of this forum I know it will pass

• Posted

So you were right my anxiety has definitely improved this week! I'm at 3.5 weeks on 40 mg. How are you feeling now? Hoping I will see more improvement.

• Posted

Yes I am doing better. I actually got out a little yesterday to drive and today I am at a friends reception party I'm glad your feeling better and I hope we are both on the upside of things. I added the spice saffron to my Prozac and it seems to help me a lot.

• Posted

I'm tapering my Klonopin now. I hope it's not too bad!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.