Need someone to talk to please:(

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, i was at doctors around 2 months ago had a really low mood come on to me out of no where while i was at work, it made me have thoughts about life and whats the point ect, i calmed down and it went away within half an hour, i had a really dry mouth and i had to call someone but when i was on the phone i didnt want to speak, i was worried about this for a while and didnt really feel normal till about 3 weeks ago, i was giving propolono beta blockers, they put it down as anxiety, so i started taking them and i started to get back to myself eventually i had been feeling fine or to myself for the past 2 weeks and my mum got taken into hospital last week for mental health depression, shes been telling me everything and its been heavy, im only 21 and shes been going through this for a while now its taking an affect on me i think, i had been feeling back to myself untill she went in, now the past week ive been off work, feeling i just want to sleep it off, my appetite is away, when my friends are round i gradually feel better, my eyes feel heavy, i get strange thoughts running through my mind sometimes, i dont really like being alone, i dont know if this is depression or anxiety or how i can help myself get better i dont want this to get any worse??? Im waiting on a mental health team to speak to me before i decide to take tablets, im just worried incase i end up badly depressed or if im already depressed...

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi lattifa lovely...yes I was haunted by nightmares constantly....I had awful dreams, even when I awoke, I was still scared...I count eat....sleep or function properly...I began to drink and then spent a lo.g ten yrs as an alcoholic...I drank 24 hrs a day, never ate...I was sectioned 4 times.. and I was at one point VERY close to death....I have now come out the other side...I don't worry about small things anymore...I won't say that I eat or sleep well.but I am not in a constant state of dread anymore....and I no longer weigh 5st 10lbs...you really, really can get better lovely...never, ever, ever. EVER LOSE HOPE....SEE YOUR GP FOR HELP....Huge hUGS to you ..DEE xxxx
    • Posted

Wow what a tough ride you went through, I see why you say now we can get better, did you turn to alcohol for relief? I've often thought will that help me! But I wont, I know that I wont help in the long run, in the beginning did you get help or just try and self medicate? And is that why you got worse? Thank you Deidre, god bless your strength and courage , you are a try survivor in my eyes xx
  • Posted

I must add to Corey...please do not worry about taking medication...you could not possibly feel any worse than you do now..you can feel better and normal !!! Again...give them a try,they always !! Start you on a low dose and then gradually raise it....keep your spirits up, you life can improve dramatically.....HUGS to you all, lovely people...DEE aka..DEIRDRE ANNE...xxxxx
    • Posted

Thanks alot deirdre, you make everything feel alot better and more possible, yea i was kinda worried of side affects of medication so i was just gonna try and get through it alone! Probably not a great idea, my mums at a very low point now and she speaks to me about everything I think it must really effext ne tgats why im feeling like this, thanks so much for your comments, like for the past 3 hours since my friends have been over i feel kind of normal and fine again, i dont know by things coming and going if its anxiety or depression, thats what i want to find out Xx
  • Posted

Hi lovely, yes see your GP..it can be a great help....I know how pressures affect everything in your life...my son had a. Serious breakdown she. He was 17yrs..he was sectioned for four months...in fact all three of my son's suffer from both mental and severe health problems..( not caused by the medication, so don't worry lovely. ).....I was being bullied in the job I was in...only by one person, but ..I began to drink and one day after three yrs , I just walker out.....luckily , I three sons live at home and always will, but we know that they will be safe and always have home.xx a weight of our mind.....our daughter has a little baby boy, she and her partner are very very happy...

Our sons live at home because of their problems...we know that they are safe here.......I do so hope that you talk to your GP and ask him for medication and counselling...it is awful to feel miserable and dread!! Every day...but you can climb out of this black hole lovely...I wish you so soooo much luck....happiness and true peace of mind....you all deserve it....you will be in my thoughts...HUGS, and the sincerest best wishes to you all...DEIRDRE xxx xxx...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.