Need strong advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have just started feeling ashamed for having these anxiety moments just feel ill and tired and scared all day I know there are people with problems but I can't separate my physical ailments with what my mind is telling me .my husband has started to get cross but it seems so real to me help please!!!!

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Mango, I have messaged Joan personal and asked her not to leave. I am aware of how sensitive people are as mentioned 4/5 years I struggled with this.

What I say is what helped me and I am now Anxiety free. I am not here to upset anyone, all I try to do is pass on my views and how I dealt with it.

Anxiety is false sensations sent from the brain, that is fact.

If you are Ill and have been for 14 months, you should see your Doctor. But Anxiety is not an illness.

Sorry if I upset anyone.

xxxx

• Posted

I see my doctor every 2 weeks have done for a year.in the past year I've had 2 MRI scans seen a cardiologist had 7 ECG 24 hour holter monitor seen a neurologist privately had a ct scan of my stomach had a camera down my nose into my stomach had CBt and am now due to see a psychiatrist

Because no one can find any reason why I'm dizzy 24/7 have constant pain allover especially my chest tingly legs headaches fatigue I could go on but everyone says it's anxiety life has been hell for 14 months you say it isn't a illness well it's certainly making me pretty ill and Joan too x

• Posted

Hi Mango

Everything think you have just said it classic Anxiety.

I can explain every sensation you have mentioned. I wish you could speak to the right people, you can sort that very quickly.

I hope you get it sorted you do not have to live with it. It makes me so upset that I lived with it for years and you have for over a year.

John xx

• Posted

Panic disorder is so different from a panic attack or depression. I have had panic disorder for the past 17 years. Early days of feeling tired,scared,alone,dizzy,heart thumping, gasping for air, stomach churning, not quite with it ,Adrenalin rushing through my body giving me the shakes over and over again, this lasted for years but slowly I learnt to deal the symptoms which where there everyday at first to now when I may have one or two panic attacks a year and I am able to cope with them. My advice is once your doctor has confirmed you are suffering (and I do mean suffering !) From anxiety/panic disorder read as much as you can ,set yourself small goals each day , practice calm ,even breathing ( this will help enormously) and slowly 'with determination and patience you WILL get better.

Sometimes it can be three steps forward and five back , some days there will be no anxiety/panic and then it comes rushing back but DO NOT be hard on yourself , it will get better and even though like me it never really goes away 100 % it because totally controllable without being exhausting.

I hope my experience may help anyone reading this to know you can and it will get better.

• Posted

Hi dee my cbt therapist says I have health anxiety and panic disorder.did you have these feelings everyday all day.i read so much about panic attacks and luckily I've never had one think I've come pretty close sometimes so think It can't be anxiety cos I don't have panic attacks just feel like I'm in a permanent one. I just want to get better I have a 5 year old and he is missing out on so much we haven't been out in a year not even to the park unless daddy is with us and I sit in the car.we booked a holiday last June and ended up taking my parents with us cos I was so ill I just want to get better.im going to try hypnotherapy next.people seem to have good and bad times but I don't have any good days xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.