Need support for major taste disturbance after taking Lamisil

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi I would like to connect to people who have had taste disturbances due to lamisil. I took it for 4 weeks and then suddenly 4 days ago, I have severe taste disturbance. Can anyone offer any advice? I am 45 years old. This is the worst thing that has ever happened to me!

2 likes, 74 replies

74 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I see this was a few months ago. Is it better now? I need some hope.

• Posted

hi, yes I am completely healed! thank goodness because it was a miserable experience! It took about 12 weeks but everything is back to normal!

• Posted

Glad to hear it. Did you find it waxed and waned? That it came back and went away again as you recovered? I got most of mine back yesterday morning, and was so excited thinking today would be the day I was finally healed but I woke up and I was back to square one. It's so dispiriting and I'm heading off on an overseas holiday next week. The thought of looking at all those colossal hotel buffet breakfasts while I subsist on Sustagen Hospital Formula is just so deflating.

• Posted

great support group here

most of us all I agree when to stop taking it, and most, have full restoration of taste after about six weeks. I was on it for a short amount of time. After my taste loss I thought my god what have I done? After finally say 3-6 weeks, my taste came back. I truly felt a miracle had happened. To lose your taste is so depressing. F**k this drug!

Out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.