Need tube from gallbladder clear before operation.

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, has anyone been told the tube from the gallbladder needs to be clear before you can have operation. After a scan for pain on right side I was told I have gallstones and because of the bad episodes of pain I need my gallbladder out but the surgeon has now told me that if after my next scan if the tubes not clear I will need a tube put down my throat to clear it, I really do not want this. Please if anyone knows a alternative can you let me know. 

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Pre op on Monday then surgery on 13th now not 19th. Just want it over now.
    • Posted

Great debs. I had my gallbladder out at end of April. Still having to be careful what I eat but feeling a lot better. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, I've got a holiday booked for 7 weeks after op, hope I'm feeling ok for that. I will ask nurse tomorrow. Thanks for your thoughts x
  • Posted

Hi Debs, my op is on the 15th can't wait to get it over now, but I am quite nervous to.  All the best and I will be thinking of you two days before mine x
    • Posted

Hi Finadindin, I'm nervous as well but I'm sure we will be fine. Let me know how you are getting on after op, we can compare  lol. All the best x
    • Posted

Best of luck Debs. Hope it all goes Well for you. Take care x
    • Posted

Thanks Acejohnston, will let you know how it goes as soon as I can. X
  • Posted

Hi all, had op on Monday thinking I was going home later in day but woke to find I had a drip and a drain !!!! Was told I was staying in over night as I lost more blood than expected. Later the surgeon told my husband and I that he had nipped my liver during the op and this was why I was staying in overnight. I was discharged yesterday and am now resting at home feeling battered and bruised but otherwise feel.
    • Posted

Delighted to hear it all went well for you debs. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care xx
  • Posted

Glad you are ok and feelings better, not nice to have a proble, but at least it's all over now.   I had mine done yesterday and feeling much better than expected, but am keeping the pain killers topped up. 
    • Posted

So glad your feeling better, I've felt better each day.  Well our ops are over now, onwards and upwards lol x
    • Posted

Yes and it's amazing how I am starting to look forward to things again, it feels like my life has been on hold for quite a long time, hope you continue to improve quickly x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.