Nerve Conduction Studies

Posted , 8 users are following.

just got back from Nerve Conduction Studies, if you go for them and they tell you the needle into the muscle doesn't hurt THEY LIE!! If you are old enough to remember the size of old syringes that's what they shove into your arm at least ten different places then they send an electric current through the blooming needle, OUCH.  The first tests aren't too bad and I thought that they were only going to do those ones, it's like a very strong TENS so not exactly pleasant but bearable. At the end of it all I've got three trapped nerves one right elbow, one right wrist and one left wrist so that's a few pains I can hopefully get rid of with injections.

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Shelagh

Sorry haven't been on the forum for a while.  Yep can confirm it hurts like hell.  Have you got the bruises.  I was completely black and blue and worried someone would think the other half was beating me!  Hopefully the injections will work well for you. Take Care

• Posted

Hi Maggers how are you doing been wondering how you were as ou havnt been forum hows things with you hows your pup doing?. Im off to the vets tomorrow tea time with my dog hes not well Im worried sick over him. will be glad when hes seen b the vet. hope our not in too much pain take care gentle hugsmile
    • Posted

Maggers, I've been worried about you, are you ok? 

I had the strangest little bruises where the needles went in,,they've almost gone now but my arm is still sore.

take care x

• Posted

Thanks for your concern.  Have been totally wiped out. Had to work extra days plus I was judging for a charity dog show on Sunday so it all got a little much for me.  I really should take my own advice and start saying "No".

My bruises from the testing were horrific - huge great black circles about 3 inches across.  Took 3 weeks for them to go.    Today is my only day off and I have spent it sofa surfing as the thigh pain is bad and my feet feel like I am walking on broken glass together with a touch of brain fog I'm feeling it a bit today.  Never mind onwards and upwards tomorrow is another day. Take care.

• Posted

Hi Kaz

Hope it is nothing serious for your poor dog. I haven't been on the forum (see my reply to Shelagh)  Lovely to know my online friends miss me. Mine went to vet today just for vaccinations.  Let me know how you get on at the vets I will be keeping everything crossed for you and your dog.  Take care

• Posted

Hi Maggers I will let you know how charlie gets on. you have certainly been missed, been concerned about you. you have been buisy with work and the dog shop no wonder its wiped you out and in so much pain, bless you weve all got to start staying NO we have to put ourselves first, as ive found out to my cost, your not always appreciated and thanked by what you do, do.  you end up being trodden all over treated like a door mat. for once in my life Im thinking of me as if I dont do that no 1 else will.take care rest plenty gentle hug
    • Posted

You do have to take your own advice!! You also need to start slowing down!

take care

xxx

• Posted

I know. I am my own worst enemy.  My mantra should be "know your limitations"   I used to work 9 til 9 in my younger days. It seems people just expect me to pull out all the stops and get whatever done and I hate to let anyone down.Lesson learned now going to insist on "me time".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.