Nervous and Jittery!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Lovlies,

I am nervous and jittery today. I'm trying to keep my panic under control but it is rough today. I was doing ok and out of nowhere I got nervous and jittery.

I know anxiety comes along with peri and it's symtpoms but is it normal for the nervousness and anxiety to come out of nowhere? What's your take on this lovlies?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jamie,I have been feeling quite good then two days ago the lightheaded feeling came back and I ve been really anxious today,I have started a light period,I wasn't sure I was going to get one this month as I ve been missing some months.So I would say yes anxiety comes out of no where,I think our hormone levels change so quickly in peri and that's why we get these awful feelings.I m not good with the technical terms,but I'm sure someone will be more helpful.I find guided meditation helps me to calm down x
    • Posted

Thanks Fudgeybear1 for your response. I am currently on my menses and it's pretty heavy this time which is different from the cycle I had two weeks ago. One of the side effects of my BP meds is dizziness so it could be that also. Either way, It is uncomfortable and a little scary. I'm trying to go about my day and not let it freak me out while im in the store but it is driving me insane.
  • Posted

Yes they seem to come from nowhere. I have got up before feeling ok ish by lunchtime feel like utter doom. Then spend ages trying to work out what I'm so worried about suddenly. When I'm feeling like that a loud noise, the phone suddenly ringing or someone knocking the door can startle me so badly it will give me palpitations for half an hour.

I also hate driving if I feel like that because it makes me realise just how on edge I am, gripping the wheel and on the edge of the seat.

Mine got worse after the menopause and has been helped a lot by HRT.

Now instead of feeling like that for days it comes and goes like in early peri.

• Posted

That is certainly me today. Im trying to get everything done quickly so I can go home and get in my bed and try to take my mind off everything.. I hate this feeling. I'm in the store trying to keep my anxiety down so the other consumers don't think I'm going crazy.
  • Posted

Hello

I get really nervous and shaky after I've experienced a hot flush which makes me dizzy , well then I'm panicking I'm going to faint so makes my anxiety worse !!

• Posted

That's the part that makes me panic. I think I'm going to pass out and that scares me to shreds. I don't want to do anything alone. I hate being in the car alone.
    • Posted

Yes I can relate to not wanting to be alone. My husband had to be away 4 days in the summer. I usually enjoy a bit of me time and looked forward to it.

After an hour of it I was so upset tearful and worried I might die whilst he was gone.

Normally I'd have a pamper session enjoy a drink and chic flick in the evening this time i was busy phoning everyone to see if they wanted to come over.

Just so unlike me horrible.

• Posted

That is so me. That feeling is just so overwhelming. I used to love my alone time. Now I can't stand it l. I start thinking and oh boy here it comes.
    • Posted

Hi

Thats the same with me, I hate being in the house  on my own and panic at work incase I collapse, just making my life hell at the moment, sometimes I just want to hide away xx

• Posted

Wow Lisa,

That could have been writing you said. It's just baffles me how it comes out of nowhere. That's the scariest part. The symptoms just happen.

• Posted

Yes I have weeks when I'm normal and then it hits me, so anxious,scared, shaky, can't sleep, no sex drive, just a mess lol x
    • Posted

That is totally me. Lol. I thought that at one point I was losing my mind.
    • Posted

Same here, but it's helping to talk to everyone on here as thought I was going mad ! 
    • Posted

It's been extremely helpful for me. This forum was and is a breath of fresh air. I was falling apart at the seams and couldn't get myself together. Knowing that what im experiencing is real makes things a little easier to deal with. Im in the US and woke up at 3:35 am covered in sweat with a odor that I had when I was pregnant. Now it's 4:23 am and I'm cold getting back under the cover. I have my menses currently and this time around it has me feeling like a basket case.
    • Posted

Hi 

I'm in the UK , I've been struggling on and off for a couple of years, had blood test last month or so and showed hormones up and down and GP said she thought I might be early stages of peri menopause,and I am on antidepressants for anxiety, so chatting on here really helps as you say you feel like your the only one .

• Posted

I've had blood test for everything but the hormones. I'm sure thats what I need. I know the hormones can be up and down and hard to diagnose. Im certain it's early peri. Some of the women in my family went through it pretty hard including my mom. Some didn't know what it was. My aunt was the one who brought it to my attention after I had taken several trips to the ER trying to figure out what was wrong with me after they told me I was fine. My family kept asking why didn't I believe the docs, I told them I did but the way I was feeling physically wasn't adding up. My anxiety had become really bad out of nowhere and that's when my aunt told me to research peri. When I found this site, I couldn't believe my eyes. The experiences here were like I wrote them myself. Coming here is a big help and the suggestions on what to try are also a big help for me. I'm not a pill person so the natural or herbal remedies to help with the symptoms I am definitely open to trying.
    • Posted

OMG this thread is sounding so much like me the past 8 months!  I used to be super independent, love having my time alone, now I can't stand it and always want someone near.  I started by having lots of heart palpitations; first one was while driving back alone on a 3 hour trip in the middle of nowhere I fealt light headed and my heart was racing, I pulled over and called my hubby just to hear a voice, then kept driving but had to pull over again, felt like I was going to die and was suddenly so scared to be alone. I made it home that day, but from then on had bad flip-flop feeling and palpitations, developed vertigo and bad joint pain, and started having anxiety over the weird physical symptoms (had hot flashes for a while before but thought nothing of it) that seemed to come out of nowhere, and a lot of them at once (palpitations, rashes, etc).  I went to several dr's, had EKGs done, tons of blood tests for everything from lyme disease, to tetanus (I had clumsily fallen on stairs and cut myself and wasn't sure if I had the vaccination or not) plus hormones, you name it.  My hormone levels have come back within normal ranges so far, but I *know* I'm going through peri as my mom and aunt were both completely done before they were 50 (I'm 45 now).  The only thing I got verified by a doc was a cardiologist said I did have atrial tachycardia (fast/irregular heart beat) and that it could be caused by a number of things (anxiety, hormones, infection, etc) so that just keeps my mind racing wondering if it's something worse and fuels that irrational fear that comes on out of nowhere sometimes that I might die.

I hate feeling like crap all the time, wondering what's going on, and my poor husband is trying to be understanding but has no clue what I'm going through.  Plus I have an 8 year old, so I don't have the luxury of crawling into bed when a lot of the time that's all I want to do... 

Oh boy the joys of being a woman.  I hope I make it through this! smile

• Posted

You just wrote my story. We are going through the same thing. I am at work today nervous as ever trying to keep myself together. I absolutely know it's peri too. Most of the women in my family went throught around their early 30s and one aunt was done at 40. I'm 38 and this just started for me about 4 months ago. Now I hate being alone and if I have to drive I will call someone and talk until I get where im going.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.