Nervous and Jittery!!!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Lovlies,

I am nervous and jittery today. I'm trying to keep my panic under control but it is rough today. I was doing ok and out of nowhere I got nervous and jittery.

I know anxiety comes along with peri and it's symtpoms but is it normal for the nervousness and anxiety to come out of nowhere? What's your take on this lovlies?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jamie,

They can come and go without reason. Just know that they will become less and less. For roughly two years I had a real tough time. Now it's an odd occasion that I get a spell, but knowing that I'm way better off than before helps me ride through these now.  I tried and still do Yoga, deep breathing, listen to my relaxation tapes and more. Try different things including oddly enough, brisk walking to see what lightens it up for you.

Big hugs,

Annie

• Posted

Thanks Annie,

Im certainly working on. I try to do some deep breathing to take my mind off the symptoms.if I don't focus on the symptoms, I keep the anxiety down a little. My family tells me to calm down but they don't understand its easier said than done.

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

​I am 51 and i am peri.  I have been having symptoms since i was 47, went to the GP had numerous blood tests which came back normal.  Had panic attacks, awful anxiety and thought i was going mad.  I went to GP last April in the middle of mamouth period (10 days) and after blood tests GP finally said i was peri-menopausal.  I am glad that i know its that makes me feel like i can deal with it.  I know what to do re panicky feelings.  (you need to slow your breathing) as overbreathing you are taking in too much oxygen, which you body then wants to get rid of, which then makes you feel like you cannot breathe.  You have to calm your breathing down somehow.  I get days on and off where i feel extreme axiousness then nothing.  I take Magnesium ok (b12 vitamin verson) and Agnus Castus.  It does work for me.  If feeling awful, walking the dog helps with anxiety.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. I am learning to slow down my breathing and try not to panic. It has helped quite a bit. I have to get some magnesium. It seems to work as I've gotten a lot of suggestions for it.
    • Posted

Hi Jamie,

​No probs.  I understand, as all us ladies do.  This site is fabulous and saved my sanity.  I hope it helps you too. xxx

• Posted

Yes, Jamie, nervousness and jitters shake me to the core at various times of the day, ....i try to even out the breathing.....try to get involved in some pass time....i like the suggestion of colouring books, exercise helps too.

since yesterday Ive started doubting my bp med too....we should stop googling really...read  a note by someone about the side effect of my bp med - it brings up nausea, makes many sleep a lot, and hungry too !! my local doctor is away for two weeks. i wanted his help to change the bp med....heard we have to be careful to wean or switch bp meds !

• Posted

The confusing thing is, I don't know if its side effects from my bp meds or peri. They both can make me slightly dizzy. I currently have my menses and it is different again. It came in two weeks instead of three and it's pretty heavy. My symptoms usually lighten up during this time, but they are in full swing. I woke up at 3:35am with one side of me wet from sweating and a odor that I had when I a was pregnant. I feel like my body is all over the place at times. I'm trying to keep it all together.
  • Posted

Hi

I have been very anxious this week and panicky again ,saw GP today and said my BP was a bit low and having even more blood tests tomorrow and she has given me lots of leaflets on HRT so someone is listening at last !!

• Posted

Oh yes my take is out of nowhere crazy waves for an hour sometimes. Don't know hate being on my own in the house as it can hit. It's almost like a turn for me. Sometimes a panicky hour sometimes weak and wobbly horrible. Worse in am but could hit at anytime before nine pm. I am 42 bloods clearly peri Fsh 70 last time. Gp say defo peri think I'm mad at times then I get this womby feeling. Have Mirena now to stop my crazy bleeding. Started two years ago. Confusing as harder to link these surging jittery attacks with Mirena. I hate not liking being alone makes me feel so needy. Not me at all but the turns panicky attack crashing fatigue who knows are so scary and unpredictable. Anyone else afraid of being alone. It's not all the time only if I'm in the crappy jittery zone panicky attack zone. This is rough. Xanex works for me. Use when really desperate only. Don't want antipressants as it can disappear for a few weeks and then back again apparently it's due to those cycles when no egg has fired.. So fed up but will have to ride it out. Four smallies in my house. Try to laugh 😂 and do hubby good zbut it's rough rough rough.
    • Posted

I know what you mean. Mines seems to comr and go as well. I try to do things to busy myself so I don't focus on the symptoms but it's scary at times. I'm scared to do anything alone for the fear of something happening to me. I know I have gotten on my family's nerves making them do everything with me but I just don't feel comfortable being alone yet. It just takes so long for my body to come down from a panic attack when it happens. I've become an introvert.
    • Posted

Hi, Just wanted to let you know, you are describing me! I am 52 and haven'nt had a period in 5 months. When i get jittery, I think it's low blood sugar but am not sure. When I feel like that, the anxiety tends to take over and you are so right--it comes in waves. I only wish I knew how to help myself. I breathe mostly and count to 10 backwards. Thanks for sharing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.