Neuropathy

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have slightly raised blood sugar levels. pre diabetes. Have had this for a while . Never goes into actuall type 2 . i am slim , fit active eat very well, ( have had surgery due to diverticulitis, but getting back into exercise again). I realise anyone can develop diabetes, especially as we get older( i am 63) My question is i have had signs of neuropathy for a while, tingling, coldness, but no,pain or anything. Could,this be from pre diabetes? My numbers are just above normal, but apparently still classed as pre diabetes. My iron was low after surgery, so my doc is giving me b 12 injections,( b12 deficiency can produce neuropathy too) . A lthough myb 12 was in normal range., he is going by my symptoms. can anyone help,with this please?

0 likes, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just a suggestion, there are courses available for newly diagnosed type two diabetics, would it be useful to approach your surgery about these . also available for type 1

• Posted

I am in Australia, and my gp says its pre diabetes and i am working on that, difficult if you read my posts above about my weight etc. i eat healthily etc. very difficult challenge . I need to keep the weight Ive slowly gaained since my surgery.

• Posted

Just a suggestion, there are courses available for newly diagnosed type two diabetics, would it be useful to approach your surgery about these . also available for type 1

• Posted

• Posted

• Posted

Just a suggestion, there are courses available for newly diagnosed type two diabetics, would it be useful to approach your surgery about these . also available for type 1.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.