Never ending problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

The pain never ends, results come back clear and everyone around me thinks I'm complaining about noithing.....I need help, I need a diagnosis, I'm so tired of this.....doctors keep telling me it's a functional problem mixed with fybromalgia, excuse my french but BULL**IT! Not sure what to do next but one thing is for sure, I can't live teh rest of my life like this...

1 like, 168 replies

168 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I've noticed that my ribs on the left side are really sticking out, like being pushed out - anyone had this?
    • Posted

Mine look like they stick out more too on left side. I've spoken to GP about it and he said it's just the way they are. Someone did bring this up on a pancreas site on Facebook a while ago and it turns out that although a few with co do have the same it's not linked and it's just a birth defect of the ribs. Apparently thousands have it but most prob don't notice as they are not really looking at that area.
  • Posted

I sometimes get the rib pain on the right side too.....is this typical of CP or not?

• Posted

I also get pain on my right side too. And sometimes clear around from my left rib cage to my back and around to my right side, I have almost costant pain in my middle of my rib cage and left side to my back. Makes me so sick i have a lot of trouble leaving my home. looking for a new Dr, right now...... I wish you better health. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi all, I need some advice! I've been in agony since Thursday and the pain is just getting worse. I can't eat anything at all. I feel really sick (but haven't been sick yet). Paracetamol and ibrofen are doing nothing at all. Yesterday I couldn't move off the sofa. I curled up in a ball and that's where I stayed whilst I cried. I had a slight temperature. The pains last night were ok but this morning they are back again. I haven't eaten anything just a smoothie (kids innocent one) and a cuppa tea. My pains for a change are mostly in the epigastric area and are going through into my back. I feel like some has say on my chest inbeteeen my boobs. The pain is radiating up my chest! The pain is going through my back into both shoulder. Pain on left side is extremely bad! Pain on right is worse than normal but I can tolerate it. It's the left pain which is worse. It's not like anything I've had to deal with before. Should I go to a&he? Wait and see if it gets worse? Or should I wait until Tuesday when I see my gastro consultant? I've said to my hubby if it's gets like it did yesterday today then I'm off to a&e but I don't wanna be stuck there's for hours just to be sent home with nothing done (that happened when I went in January with my last gallbladder attack).

So any help, suggestions, thoughts are welcome! I just need help!! I'm petrified and in agony!! sad

Gem

• Posted

Drink as much water as you can clear liquids and jello and pedialight. Try not to eat anything solid for a few days till the pain subsides. I understand i hurt all the time ......Best to you. hope you don't mind me replying to you. just hate to see others suffering.
    • Posted

Hi Manda.

Of course I don't mind you replying! I just don't know what to do with myself. I feel awful sad but I don't wanna go to a&e to be told there's nothing wrong or it's just ibs which I know is what happens to most people. I will get some jelly in and carry on drinking fluids.

Thank you for your advice smile

• Posted

Sweeetie if the pain is that bad go to ER seriously it could be an acute pancreatic attack. I had many over a 15 year span not knowing what it was now my pancreas in severly damaged with scar tissuse and stone calcifications. Better safe then sorry! I hope you feel better soon!
    • Posted

It's so hard to know what to do as a&e are sometimes useless! Personally I would probably go if your that bad but just be prepared for them to not do a lot! You might get lucky my friend went with upper right pain recently and got admitted, had lots of tests and scans but I went and wasn't even seen! Was sent home and told to go to GP when open!

How are your stools during this episode? I think you should go to a&e if you get in as much pain as yesterday something is not right and needs to be dealt with. It's just so frustrating that they seem to just not care! Huge hugs and let us know if you go and what the outcome is x

• Posted

I tottally under stand for 9 years I was told I had gerd, Galbladder trouble and chronic gastritis a few years ago they finally diagnosed me with chronic pancreatitis. they kept telling me it was a virus. I could have dided it was so bad. Please take care of your self I went to 7 hospitals and many Dr.s before finally getting my answer. The pain is aweful i am so sorry wish i could take it away. oh....I also use a heating pad or ice pack that also helps me some. Hugs to you!
    • Posted

Hi Gem, just read your post and wanted to send you some love and support. I'm sorry you are suffering so much. I am on the brink of going to a&E myself so I feel for your predicament. I've been once before with this in the last year and it got me nowhere and just caused more stress so it's hard to know. I've been in pain (under left rib through back) every day for a year but it's got worse this last week - more pain, tightness, twisting, burning - but I'm also having severe lower abdo cramps too with diarrhoea which is new. I've been thinking I maybe picked up a bug or food poisoning on top of the pancreas pain so have been sitting it out but it's been a week and no improvement. Stuck in bed and hardly eating. It's like living on a knife edge not knowing what will happen.

Sorry, I just wanted you to know you are not alone. All we can do is take one day at a time and try to hold on to the hope of better days ahead. Let us know how you are getting on. Thinking of you.

• Posted

Thank you Ruthie, I hope you feel better soon. It's horrible the pain we have to go through! I hope you can get yourself sorted. Thinking of you. Gem x
    • Posted

Thank you Manda. It's so frustrating. Why don't people (Drs) listen to you sad when I say the pain has changed and is worse than it has ever been before do they say there's nothing they can do. I'm so angry and upset! sad I can't live like this! No pain relief, no help! I hope you are feeling ok? Thank you for your kind message. Gem x
    • Posted

Has your pain improved at all Gem? Nothing seems to touch mine. You are doing a great job to carry on breastfeeding. I hope you have some support with the little ones.
    • Posted

Yeah I've got my hubby at home. He doesn't understand either thou. Thinks because my tests are normal then there's nothing wrong sad but I can't complain coz he does support me. No my pain hasn't improved. Still very much in my epigastric region sad my "baby" is now 15 months old and the weaning is not happening! Lol! Only feed her twice a day but I'm on demand through the night, which is when she becomes hard work sad but she's my last baby so making the most of it. I hope you get some pain relief soon.
    • Posted

My daughter is 12 yrs old now but I breastfed for years. I know this is so hard right now but it's amazing that you are still nourishing your 'baby' in the face of all this pain, that whatever else is happening in your body you are still giving something truly valuable and precious. That's wonderful.

My pain is on a whole new level to the last year too so I can understand your anxiety. I really didn't want to lose more weight but I am anyway! I just hope this is a temporary 'flare' for

• Posted

...I meant, I hope this is just a temporary flare for both of us and we will turn a corner soon. Don't give up hope, hang on!
    • Posted

Same to you Ruthie. I really hope this is temporary! I can't be doing this all the time sad I just can't bring myself to stop feeding her. She's really attached to my boobies! Lol! It's some what limiting coz she hates bottles eye so hasn't yet been away from me apart from one night after my endoscopy. The medical team keep trying to push me to stop but it's harder then they think. I'm happy feeding her so why would I wanna stop something that makes us both happy? But with pain like this I may have to re-think it! Lol! Thank you for your lovely comments!

Gem

• Posted

I know how hard it can be to stop breastfeeding when they are so attached! It's tiring too so I can understand that you might have to reconsider. You're doing a great job anyway. It's so hard to find moments of joy or peace at times like this so just know what a special gift you are giving every time you feed, it might help you smile through the pain for a short while.
    • Posted

Gem, I don't know I was told by a dr after being in the hospital 4 days that if he kept telling me there was no hope I would leave. Well later the same day he came in said I would have to live with it and I would not get better. I walked out one hour later. I don't need that kind of negative feed back when I am fighting this with all I am. Sometimes I think Dr.s think they know the bodys we live in better than we do our selves. I am so sorry you are hurting. Makes me frustrated there are so many of us with out answers. I wish you the very best keep fighting!! cheesygrin​ I am currently only on Tramadol and Gabapentin they don't help. They want to put me on Methedone but I am terrified of that drug. I have a child to take care of.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.