Never felt so depressed and anxious

Posted , 11 users are following.

I started to become very anxious and depressed at the end of 2013. I had no idea why? Last spring, I found out I in perimenopause and today see a psychiatrist and am on the 3rd antidepressant. Prior to this, I was on Paxil and felt really good. I forget apts, have severe brain fog, a decrease in self esteem and lost all ambition, and hope. I feel tired and wondering how I will make it until full blown menopause?

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's exactly the symptoms I had plus more. These past 7 months have been a horror story and I never want to re live it again. I need to get more sleep I'm only having 3 hours a night x

• Posted

That's exactly the symptoms I had plus more. These past 7 months have been a horror story and I never want to re live it again. I need to get more sleep I'm only having 3 hours a night x

• Posted

I take a sleeping aid for that. I don't even want to get up in the morning... no zest for life. I've seen counselors and not helpfulsad

• Posted

Try Vitamin D3, it will help with your mood. Should start working after 1 month of taking it. It will improve your outlook on life. Hope this helps. xx
    • Posted

I've been taking vit D 5000 mg and B Complex almost daily and no results yet. Is D the same as D3? Similiar?

• Posted

It should say D3, not just D. and 5000mg is way too many to take, 3000mg is enough. Vitamin D could be D2, if it doesn't say D3 or cholecalciferol then it's not the same. You're suppose to take it in the morning to help set up your day. Maybe you need Macca or St. John's wort those 2 helped me along with VD3 and for hot flashes I took flax seed oil. You need to find some that your body will respond to, if medicine isn't working maybe you need HRT. Have you tried HRT yet? That could make a world of difference for someone like you.

• Posted

Or maybe go all herbal, rather than take medicines since they aren't working for you. Just a thought.

• Posted

Exactly what you are describing I went through for 2 years.im normally a strong person but it got to suicidal thoughts. I dragged myself to the doctors and finally gave in to HRT it really helped me good luck!!!!
    • Posted

If you've been on it for a while, no more than 2000 UI a day unless you're obese then you would require double that amount daily. No offense.

• Posted

ditto Colleen im the same im also on the Mirena coil which is due to come out in jan 2017 I am dreading it. Im hoping all the supplements Ive been taking will have built up by then.its bad enough now god knows what it will be like then lol  
    • Posted

I had the mirina but my body rejected it. Had to have it removed but I used it for birth control long before perimenopause made me mentally ill
  • Posted

Same for me I have tried every supplement going including accupunture since surgical menopause and although symptoms have improve a bit at times not enough to feel my old self again.im now considering hurt against my doctors wishes because I'm so desperate to get my life back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.