New BPH treatment

Posted , 14 users are following.

I have read all the responses for Turp laser urolift

and find them very invasive and for me so apprehensive 

I research a non invasive treatment please before you make any decision to have the standard treatments procedure please type in on YouTube REZUME prostate this was also featured on the USA Drs medical show and one of the doctors Drs had this treatment done it is a life saver no surgery!!

Please do your own research see if it is right for you

hope this helps you

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good morning James.  Urolift is not a invasive procedure.  It is the easiest to heal from and it does not cause any side effects.  That is why I had it.  At 61 I did not want retro and Urolift is the only one that does not cause it.  A urologist does not consider the male ejaculation a sexual function.  They say we do not need it after we have our kids.  I'm sorry but it goes with my orgasm.  Research is the key to anything.  The only way I would have the Rezume procedure is if they only did it on the right side of the prostate.  If they do it on the left side you have a 15 % chance of retro.  Have a great day  Ken

• Posted

Am two weeks on this side of green light surgery.   Yesterday was two week checkup with urologist.  He was pleased with healing but more is expected within the coming months.   I looked at the entire video on REZUME and the difference is so small that direct contact must be made with your urologist to get an informed opinion.  Someone suggested I check with urologist about a bladder pacemaker and I was told my  healing is at the point where I don't need one.   Prostate procedures are heavy decisions because not all are successful.   My retention is not where it is expected to be.   I am counting on that.

• Posted

I contacted Rezume & was told my prostate is too large for the procedure. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Posted

Don't remember for sure,I think that it was 100g. They do respond quickly to e-mails. Mine is 150

• Posted

Mine was 75g when I had GL/PVP in 2004 and had regrown to 135g by 2013 when I had a Thulium/Holmium procedure.
    • Posted

Hi Derek- How are you now, 3 years later, after having the HOLEP [THULEP?]  procedure?

Thanks- J

• Posted

Very similar to HoLep in that he took 37g of tissue for histology and lasered all but 50g. Everything was good but a longer recovery time than PVP as I was still passing blood on day two so they sent me home with catheter. He wanted it left in for a week but there was a misunderstanding and It was left in for two weeks.

My only complaint after each procedure is that my flow is rather variable for no known reason as I have no strictures and my bladder despite years of retention is in good shape.

I have no urgency or retention and it is only because I sleep badly that I get up a couple of times during the night, 

• Posted

Sounds like you may have a urinary or prostateinfection that a standard culture cannot detect, which I've read happens quite frequently. You might consider having a DNA sequencing done on your urine and semen to see what might be discovered. 

• Posted

Am trying to understanding your last statement.   Can I assume you mean to say "I have no urgency or retention 'problems' and it is only because..........."   'No retention' would means a pad all the time.

• Posted

No, we obviously do not speak the same language. I have no urgency, I never have to rush to the toilet. I have no retention, my bladder empties when I go to the toilet. I have not worn a nappy since I was a baby 83 years ago.

My only complaint is that my flow is variable and not consistent. Sometimes fast and strong and other times slow. I don't know why and tests have found no reason for it.

• Posted

I'm in a different continent to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.