New Experience - LS and Urethra

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have struggled with bladder issues for a while and was just about to order a new prescription for anti biotics.  Then realized that:  LS fusions melted away with the use of baking soda, however, the urethra likes a more accidic environment.  

Yesterday I rinsed instead with a bit of organic apple cider vinegar in my Perin bottle, just a thin layer at the bottom and you won't believe the result:  Almost immediately the bladder infection was calmed down.  (and that next to drinking lots of ginger licorice tea, made from the real roots) 

What I think I understand now is that the urethra wasn't happy with a continuous alkaline environment, necessary to make the fusing disappear.  That last part of fusing above the clitoris and urethra was stubborn, to say the least. And the harder I tried, the worse it got. 

Today is heaven, the bladder infection is gone, that little swelling around that area has vanished as well.  I don't know how to proceed from here on, but I will have to consider that LS and urethra have needs that lay on opposite ends.

Perhaps other people may have an understanding of this issue as well. 

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hanny

There's a website called living with Lichen Sclerosus from the states. It's got a green band down the left side and the moderator is called Dee. I know we can't post links so I hope that helps find it. There's a subsection on it called 'temporary relief' that mentions vineagar. I'd bought some but was too scared to try, so I'm really glad you posted. I'll give it a go now.

There's other suggestions on there too, I've only just found it, but the info looks good. Hope to get a chance to read it all properly next week.

Bridge

• Posted

Do you mix the baking soda with water to make a paste or do you use it dry? I take a cranberry pill everyday to keep away urinary tract infections. It works. I might get a uti every 6 or 7 years, I also cleanse myself with a wipe after No 1 or 2. Keeps the area more cleaner.

• Posted

Deborah82032 I warn you to never use baking soda in a paste or use it dry. That will bring you harm.  Only small amounts in a bottle with warm water for rinsing or in a bath will work properly.  
    • Posted

I found that toilet wipes actually caused me to sting and burn until I found babywipes for newborns/sensitive skin which are mostly water (not for disposal in toilets).  I try not to use these unless necessary and definately dry myself after with paper then apply epaderm moisturiser if I am not treating with Clobetasol.  If I feel sore or dry I wipe with the Epaderm on the toilet paper to moisturise at the same time. I find this prevents a flare. We are all different but I think we all agree that urine being left on the area is a definate no no.  Mostly I actually wipe the area with Epaderm which acts as a barrier next time I need to pee and prevents the area from becoming sore.
  • Posted

Sounds good!  you must keep us informed on how it goes...
    • Posted

Further info - I tried an apple cider vinegar bath, same amount as I do with the baking soda - not a good idea.  LS made its presence known a few hours later.  

So I now know that you can rinse with a very small amount of organic apple cider vinegar in your Perin bottle till your urethra is happy again and after that it's back to the baking soda rinses and baths.  

Stuck between the wall and the ship - A real challenge to keep both urethra and LS happy or at bay.   

• Posted

Oh! you are super sensitive for sure, but it is good to try these things, otherwise how do you know things work or not,  unless you are prepared to try, but at least you now know.
  • Posted

I've had a sensation for a few weeks as if something is changing near my clitoris, sort of aware of it rather than pain or itching. Not quite uncomfortable. Difficult to describe. All my usual remedies weren't working so I tried soaking a piece of cotton wool in water, then putting cider vineagar on it and holding it to the spot. Immediate relief. I've done it twice more and feel as if the sensation has gone. I got organic apple cider vineagar with the culture still active in it.

I'm wondering what to do next! esp. after seeing your post. I think I'll keep going for another day or so and watch carefully, then feed back. Just goes to show how different we all are doesn't it?

I tried Rosehip oil a while ago - all sorts of claims made for that but I didn't feel it was right for me. I still have the Jojoba and chamomile mix, but will see how the vineagar goes before I add anything else to the mix. I've always got my bicarb-coconut-emu combo to fall back on, which I know keeps me comfortable most of the time, though not moving forwards.

• Posted

That clitoris area has been the hardest area.  The urethra not far from there.  I had a small swelling that came and went.  Now with the use of organic apple cider in my spray bottle, just a very small amount, it was almost instant relief for me too.  The onset of a bladder infection began right there and now it can be controlled and somehow prevented from getting worse.  

Me too - I'm not sure what to do next.  I'm going back and forth from apple cider vinegar to baking soda rinses.  However, I still think that this is 'going forwards'.  

I so start to have the feeling that LS has to be treated in various stages and steps.  Most of us have started with the Clob regiment early on, after that less Clob and more controlling with baking soda and coconut oil and diet and now adding apple cider vinegar in the mix.  Is this the course LS has to run?   

• Posted

Hi, the vineagar seems to be suiting me at the moment, It's all plumper and pinker than it's been in ages. I hope that isn't because it's swelling up as a reaction! I'll keep going and feed back again.
    • Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing.  Amazing isn't it.  So far so good. Thanks for sharing.
  • Posted

Update on the vineagar; I got really, really hopeful. Things looked so good for ages. My bits looked small but like normal skin. There seemed to be a small seam appearing down one side. Then I had a wekend at mother-in-laws and a child off school for a couple of days and when I could look again, five days later; more fusing. Aaaargh. And this morning a bit of white skin was back so instantly put some clob on it.

She also made cake and I couldn't refuse without offending her, so it could be sugar too.

I was putting neat vineagar on once a day, and it felt as if things were getting better. It certainly soothed me. I also kept on with my coconut oil as much as I could, but hard when you're away from home.

Got to rush but wondered how you were getting on with vineagar Hanny?

• Posted

Going away brings difficult times.  Being polite is not helpful either.  I've done both.  But harmful to self.  

About the apple cider vinegar - I stopped as soon as all was well.  Now I'm back to baking soda rinses, because the LS didn't really like the apple cider vinegar.  Urethra and LS have opposite needs, I now know for sure.  

In case the urethra acts up again, I will use apple cider vinegar again, but not any sooner.  

• Posted

Oh, I have lots of trouble with urethra!  Steroid cream rubbing off on it I am guessing has burned it badly and hurts when peeing. I put oestrogen cream there at doctors suggestion, but will try the cider vinegar. Thanks! 
    • Posted

Meanwhile I have experienced that the apple cider vinegar is good for as long as the urethra is irritated.  As soon as all is feeling good and well again, I needed to go back to the baking soda rinses again, otherwise the LS wanted to react.  LS does not like apple cider vinegar aparently.

I already hinted on that earlier.  So I encourage people to use apple cider vinegar only temporarely.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.