New Guest new questions confused

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi my name is Barb

I'm New to join this forum but have been reading for a long time now, and learn so much information that help me believe no I am not crazy I am just   like you, premenopausal.

Being 52 years old I must be close now to menopause .

But my symptoms  have changed and I am confused to why, 

3-4 days Before my 32 day periods I have odd heart palations, anxiety, disturb sleep nausea but not often,  then 3-5 days after my periods the same but then levels out and do fine until the next period is due .

but in the month of January I had no symptoms at all!!

Could not understand why but I went with it  oh it was Marvellous. Lol

But then finish my period nothing , then few day later out of the blue all the symptoms are present and have not let up the nausea is more then normal  only difference is no bleed , why the change ? is the the way it is now for years or just a bad month never happen before , It was always before my next periods  and few days after  it's been 2 weeks now ,I hope this makes since and someone  can shine some light on this to help me understand ,

thank you so much for taking the time and consideration to read this .

Working full time try being a good mom and wife a up beat and happy silly mom is gone,being a supporting member in the community , and to help others is very difficult.

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hiya Barb,

Welcome to our wonderful peri / meno world!

Thank goodness you have found this forum there is nothing better than reading other ladies experiences! It will help you to confirm that you are not going silly but are just like the rest of us.

most doctors will not connect your symptoms to peri and may try and prescribe anti depressants or push you towards seeing a counsellor but only you know what you are feeling.

when I first started with the same journey I went and had all my bloods done to check all was well, and may be a good idea to do this but don't be surprised that your hormones come back as normal as from what I have learnt that until you are either 12 months without a period or on the very end of your peri journey.

all what you describe is what I have experienced and all I can say read all of stories on this forum which sound similar to what you are experiencing and hopefully it will give you some great advice.

Vit B min of 100mg, good magnesium chelate, omega 3 will be a good starting place.

if you have any questions then please do not hesitate to private message me and I will do what I can to put your mind at rest and share my experiences.

massive hugs Joy

xx

• Posted

Hi Joy I hope I did this right but yeah forgot my PW already lol  yes had all my blood work done and eat healthy take my supplements nothing as changed for me until this month peroid was finish ,TY for your words of encouragement this forum is big to find an answer 

• Posted

If anyone as any insight why the change now would be helpful 
  • Posted

I'm afraid...like all of us here...you sound peri- or maybe full blown menopausal..the average age is 52 according to everything you read.....

you'd need a blood test and a chat with a sympathetic doctor to confirm it....and then decide how you want your journey to be going forward.......the "normal" thing is...there ain't no normal !! We are all total individuals in this phase of our lives. Keep a diary of your feelings, symptoms and difficulties and then take medical advice depending on how you feel.....

Many ladies have blogged here.....great advice and interesting histories to read.....

youre not alone and seek help if you need it.

good luck.

• Posted

Yes ,TY, but how can I be full blown meno when I stil have a reg 30-32 day peroid? Had all the blood work done all normal levels Dr feels another 3 years before menopausal 
  • Posted

Yes there is a lot of great advice here ,bless this forum. But this dizzy upset stomach fuzzy head angiexty not letting up after 2 week done my last period like it always and before 
  • Posted

There could be other medical reasons for your bleeds??I had fibroids which bleed without a menstrul cycle.  if you feel rough.....ask to be referred to a Gynaecologist ? They would be much better informed about the whole thing, menopause and all.

take care of yourself.

• Posted

Thanks 👍 I know my bleeds are normal periods. I'm the same for years only difference is I now every 30 days just had my pap and yearly testing all normal  the thing that's confusing it me is the difference  January peroid first time in ages no systoms at all then after my periods systoms came on never left  dizzy upset stomach Angexty restless sleep first time this happen waiting it see when my next peroid comes how I feel before and after , this sure is crazy stuff and so much concern on HRt soya black cohosh ,I take a woman's 50 plus daily a omega some times evenimg primrose oil  off and on drink a little soya milk off and on  not sure if any of it may good or help 
  • Posted

Could it be that you did not ovulate this month. That would affect your hormone balance and could be making you experience diffferent symptoms.
  • Posted

The least day of my peorid was feb 5 th not due for another one for a while , interesting it see. When the next one is due if it comes or early maybe I was thinking, maybe this is my first time have a2 peroid in the same month but no bleed yet 

thnaks👍

• Posted

I seen some where someone was asking about dryness new it this site .. But this is interesting ...Pros and Cons of Coconut Oil

For those looking for alternative remedies or natural lubricants, coconut oil has several advantages: 

As a lubricant to treat vaginal dryness, it moisturizes and soothes the vaginal area.

It is cheap, making it a cost-effective alternative.

It is antibacterial and antifungal, so it can be lubricating and prevent yeast infections at the same time.

It is easy to find in most grocery stores.

Disadvantages include:

It has a distinctive scent, which some may find off-putting.

It is not liquid at room temperature; however, it can be warmed up in your hands in less than a minute.

• Posted

Barb, welcome!  

It is just like that, periods usually get really messed.  The symptoms get worse and better, they change, they stop, they restart.  Time makes them mild. But timing varies from  woman to woman, some take months, some years to move from peri to meno.  

Keep looking this website, you will find important information.  Keep in mind doctors not always agree those things are related to peri - they say it is from aging :S but we women have a clockin which we measure our own time and we surely notice the relation, is not it?! Research, so you will know what to discuss to your doc next time.   Good luck.

• Posted

Ty👍👍yes time is the answer,  but I have not skip a peroid YET.. Yet is the key word or had hot flashes or sweats was thinking can I be one of the very few lucky ones not have go get them lol but read some women don't get them until they are menopausal 
    • Posted

Hi barb,

My periods used to be 25 days and in the last two years I can sometimes have them every two weeks and then could go longer but I guess it does balance out in the end.

Even though I am on a very low dosage of HRT I can still feel the brewing of my old cycle aswell but I am certainly more stable on them than before. It is a personal choice though and down to you and what you want to do in the end. For some they have strong views and others have had to find some type of relief to keep a quality of life! Life is too short to keep struggling.

You may also be worth finding a good homepatic that may be able to help you, of even have some acupuncture or reflexology. 

Try and find the details on here about the 66 symptoms that Jay put on and you may find more answers to your questions.

Joy xx

• Posted

thank you Joy  yes I saw the 66 symptoms that posted on here been reading these plot for long time and researching I cna understand your choices not judging ,did you try the homepatic way before hrt? I try soya evening primrose but not sure if I'm doing it right and if it is safe I have high Bp and on a low dose BP meds scared to be missing around with pills would like it try black cohosh but read it's a no no on BP meds thins your blood not sure such a confusing time a shame really it as it be this hard 
    • Posted

No I have tried the HRT first and still not perfect but now just started my fourth different type so I guess it's still early days again as I started a few weeks ago.

The homepatic was just another thought of perhaps trying instead of staying on HRT as I have tried these different HRT since the end of March last year. Was told though that whilst in peri your own hormones are still being produced so may still have blips whilst trying to balance out.

For me personally I am prepared to try anything to stop constantly feeling these anxieties and up and down days!

Life is so cruel and if we are confused about what is happening to us then you can sure understand why others that we try and explain our symptoms to find it a mind field.

together we will get through this I am sure and I think the key is to remain positive even though there are times that you may not feel like it.

Joy x

• Posted

Hi Snachpiece

I'm doing my menopause the natural way with out the HRT Hormones and cream because my opinion is this. Why take HRTs when all it does is put more hormones in your body, and is it really helping with anxieties and depression. It could be causing more anxieties in ladies. What I have read here on this forum is that a lot of ladies taking these HRTs are still having anxieties and depression is it really helping these ladies or just causing more problems this is my opinion on HRTs Maybe you ladies need to stop theses HRTs and just let God handle your body In time things will wind down and you will be yourself again

• Posted

Hi Susan. I never tried HRT just becsuse I am too scared to do so. I would LOVE they bottled the health/youth formula for us, I would take it!!! Meanwhile, no reaserch proves HRT functional and/or safe. What a shame! Even shameful for male HRT - men eventualy will need it even more than us, I guess.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.