new here

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi all i have been looking on this site for the last few days and have found all the comments very reassuring. My problem is i had postnatal depression 3 years ago, was on fluoxetine for a year and fully recovered. However 6 weeks ago i started having panic attacks and my mind constantly racing about everything. I am now on 40mg propranolol 3 times a day and 20mg fluoxetine. Since i started taking them last friday i have not slept much have no appetite and feel worse with bad thoughts, is this normal?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi jem yes its normal for the most part. Not the bad thoughts thou. I take zoloft 25 mg a day and ativan as needed. My anxiety just started 2 weeks ago from health issues. Mines getting better just gotta give the meds a chance to get in your system.. Breathing thru your attacks help and jouranling and taking a warm bath in lavendar Epson salt helps me a lot.. Gotta try to focus on something happy,positive. Listen to music also helps.. Good luck to you xxx
    • Posted

thanks tonya, i keep telling myself its just anxiety and it will get better x
    • Posted

I don't like to be alone when I'm like this. I rest better with people around. But my man works a lot and I have shared parenting so I'm trying to keep my mind off the bad and tell myself its gonna be ok.. I'm terrified of the unknown.. But gotta stay positive.. This site helps so much. I know I'm not alone when reading everyone's issues.. Xxx
    • Posted

You don't have to worry about being alone. We may not be in the same room as you Tonya but we are defiantly all on the same page.xx
    • Posted

Thank you Gillian.. Hoping and praying for good news tmr. I'm so happy I joined this site it does help. 
  • Posted

Hi Jem I stared with postnatal depression just like you that was a long time ago I still have bad times just had a rough couple of months with severe anxiety but feel loads better now docs got my meds sorted it will get better just take one day at a time try to eat light things like soup yogurts etc Just remember you got well after a really bad time when you first started with depression YOU can do it again take care and hang in their love xxx 
  • Posted

I am now on mirtazapine and promethzine I used to be on        Mirtazapine and sertraline but when the anxiety came back a few months ago the doc took me off the sertraline I am feeling a lot better now things seem to have settled down and I can eat and sleep much better      I know just how bad u are feeling right now when your thoughts are on overdrive but it WILL get better just take one day at time and give the meds time to work good luck with it stay strong you can do it xx
    • Posted

Your on exactly the same as me Amanda. I've been on this combo for just over 2 weeks.

Was on Citalopram and Diazipam but had to pack them in after 8 weeks as the Cit was making me a hundred times worse xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.