New Intense Pain 10 weeks Post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone 

in the past few days my pain on my surgery site below the ankle ands side of foot has developed new pain I'd say a 8-9 that's caught me by surprise. Has any of you had this happen. I know with new physio treatments being more intense I'm thinking is the cause. I'm trying to get relief but even my Meds are barely touching it. Any suggestions, thoughts etc. greatly appreciated.  Thanks ankle biters......

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Jannie I've been also reading up on CRPS in the last couple of days.   I think you have the attitude to beat it.   You might be down now, and go down periodically - that's just normal and part of the process, but I think you'll get there.   Keep talking to us.  lotslove.   XXX
    • Posted

Hello Syneig and Linda 

thanks for your posts and support. I cried all day after my diagnosis, now I'm just trying to accept it and find enough research on the disease which is an autoimmune condition used to go by RSD, now called CRPS.  Treatments are varied and since my diagnosis is early there is more hope for remission. I'm having difficulty accepting that I'm unable to walk currently post surgery going on 3 months bum doing hydrotherapy every other day, exercises daily, massage and will probably be referred to a pain clinic that specializes in this. 

Im trying to keep my wits about me and practise a very healthy lifestyle so that is a benefit. I so very much appreciate your support and love and will keep you posted. Please don't hesitate to check in with me I love hearing from you all.....much hugs and ❤️ Jannie 

• Posted

Hi Jannie,

I don't blame you for crying. This has been so hard. Crying helps relieve the stress. I do have hope that it will go into remission. I experienced more pain from 10 -16 weeks.  It sounds like you're doing a lot of good exercises. It does seem like a crazy long recovery. My nerve pain was driving nuts at your stage, but now it seems to be tolerable.  I don't think the doctors really know what to expect.  They wouldn't say anything to me about how long it would last.  Hoping the best Jannie

• Posted

Thanks Linda, I'm back at it, exercising, massage, water therapy, friends and husband being amazing.......how lucky are we?  I'm keeping busy with planning our Oregon trip next year and I'm getting back at my art. I'll pm you as well....thanks for your caring support! Hugs ✨❤️Happy Valentnes Day. 
  • Posted

Jannie I wouldn't worry about 'trying to accept' it.   You have a good cry, rant and rave and get angry, then depression for a while, then acceptance.  It's just part of the process and goes up and down as well.   Eventually, with your attitude, you'll get through all that quite naturally.  You'll get there.  And you've got us to moan and groan to and tell us what's happening.   smile   
    • Posted

Thanking you S, it makes me happy to see your post and know that there is little to no judgement like there is with friends, family and strangers......you gotta walk the walk before your allowed to talk.....people have a hard time out there, so I'm just focusing on the good people in my life, and the good people here like yourself and go day by day. I'm good at my own intuition and know what feels right or not. 
  • Posted

Hi Jannie, 

Can you tell me what helped with the complex neurological pain syndrome if you had this and have you recovered? I have been diagnosed with the beginning of it with constant pins and needle and burning and intense pain after a pilon ankle surgery . 

I have 17 screws and 2 plates. Thanks so much! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.