New knee clicks

Posted , 10 users are following.

In the last few days my knee has started to click when I bend it, I am 4 weeks post op and doing well with an exercise, elevate and ice 3 times daily, still have swelling and tightness but I've been told that this is to be expected at this point. The click is confusing and worrying me has anyone else experienced this? Cheers

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI, sorry to hear about your "clicking ",  I belong to a Facebook Tkr closed group. It happened there was a person with the same problem.  A phisio suggested the following exercise. Hold on to a sturdy chair n stand on the operated knee with other leg not touching floor. Bend the knee leg ever so slightly at your comfort level.  Do this up to ten bends or what ever is comfortable for you, even if just a few a day.   Please consult your phisio or Doctor before attempting this exercise.  I do not have this problem, however saw your post n thought I would share. Again, please consult with your phisio or Doctor before attempting.  This exercise apparently strengthens the muscles around the knee as well as the thigh.  Good luck. 🍀😇
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice I will consult my physio before starting that one.
  • Posted

Thanks for reassurance I feel more confident now it really would be the pits if there was something wrong with the joint after all this!
  • Posted

Yes the clicking will go away it's like a new house settling. I'm six months in and I still have stiffness and a lilttle bit of pain and/or discomfort when sleeping. It's all apart of the healing process. But just know that every passing day it is healing. Patients is KEY!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.