New Medication

Posted , 8 users are following.

My Dr has decided to change my meds  from Citalopram to Mitrazopine 15mg, anybody got any experience  of this med?

2 likes, 20 replies

Report / Delete

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes i went from mitrazopine, really good with helping you sleep... but made me pile so much weight on... but i liked it for sleeping.. am back on citalopram now... i was on 30 mg off mitrazopine.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

My son took Mirtazapine along with an SSRI.  Mirtazapine isn't an SSRI like Citalopram, and is usually prescribed to help with sleep whilst you wait for Cit to work.

​Some people do swap meds early on before giving their meds a chance to work, and some go from one meds to another looking for a quick fix.  There isn't a quick fix, but they WILL work if you give them time.  They really do take months, not weeks.  

K xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That should have said my son was prescribed it to help with sleep whilst waiting for his meds to work.  It is an anti depressant too.

He has since recovered btw.

xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I havent but i am considering it as cit is doin nothing for my anxiety 5-6 weeks in so id love to hear how u get on when r u starting it?
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up