New Medication

Posted , 8 users are following.

My Dr has decided to change my meds  from Citalopram to Mitrazopine 15mg, anybody got any experience  of this med?

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Aileen,

May I suggest that you listen to Katecogs on this one as she has more experience and can help in regard to these meds.

I back her and others 100% on the fcat that you should not come off Cita right away as it has to be done very slowly and gradually or you will get withdrawl (its in yer system!) I do not feel, myself, as already said that you need to come off the Cita while the Mitra aids your sleep.

I have mentioned before that (and this is no disrespect to them) not all GPs are up to scratch with these meds as they do have so many medical issues to cover.

Don't let this worry you now as what Kate etc are telling you is the best way forward and my GP would say exactly the same, but then mental illness is one of her areas of expertise.

Don't forget to post that relaxation question.

Regards,

David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.