New on citalopram will this pass?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Took my first dose of 10mg today...and if anything i feel a whole load worse than i normally did. In shaking, feel anxious and woozy, my skin feels all tingly...did anyone else experience this and then it got better? X

1 like, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

THat is so good to hear Chantelle. Keep going and don’t fear increasing if need be. I have increased twice and feeling pretty damn good on 30 mgs. Glad I did. Night and day from 10. It’s where I should be as ten just wasn’t cutting it for me. I could have stayed at 20 but decided to follow my Psychiatrist’s advice.
    • Posted

Hi Kaycee,  i started on 20mg. It’s coming up to day 21 and I’m still plagued with anxiety every day although it has reduced significantly,  do you think I should stick to 20mg or go to 30mg 3 weeks in?  Will this speed things up so I can feel I want to do positive stuff.... thx for reading,   If you’re reading this Chantelle, I’m glad it’s working for you soo quickly👍 We had a quick chat on fb if you remember me as we started the same time... 

• Posted

you will experience quite allot of these side effects whilst the system is building up the ssri in your body,but as time goes by you will immune to those effects and most of the side effects will vanish

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.