New on citalopram will this pass?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Took my first dose of 10mg today...and if anything i feel a whole load worse than i normally did. In shaking, feel anxious and woozy, my skin feels all tingly...did anyone else experience this and then it got better? X

1 like, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hope you win 😁

• Posted

That's the spirit. It will pass and each day you get through you will become stronger and feel better. You will.also become more able to deal with the anxiety attacks. Here's to a great afternoon!! Xx

• Posted

Hi Chantelle, hope you are feeling good. Enjoy Bingo and rest assured you are going to be alright. These negative side effects aren’t permanent and it definitely gets easier. I am doing so well after going through a myriad of uncomfortable physical and emotional side effects when I started Citalopram. I promise you will be fine. 
  • Posted

Thought id update. Day 9...and i am feeling soooo much better!!! Cant believe the difference from last week. Last week was absolutely horrific and I constantly thought about giving up! I’m still a bit yuck in the mornings and wouldnt say i am 100% but well on the way! I honestly think if i didnt have the people in this forum to turn to id of given up by now!! 
    • Posted

Fab news :-). When did it improve. I'm on day 7 of dose increase and still waiting 😣

• Posted

Yesterday was a good day and today has been also! I hope i carry on feeling good on 10mg so i dont have to increase! Xx
    • Posted

Hi! Just noticed this just now. I feel absolutely fantastic. Anxiety is non existent thanks to citalopram! Im still on 10mg, my doctor seems to think i am responding well and has kept me on this dose! I have gone back to my old self☺️
  • Posted

Today is my first day on Citalopram and I was honestly feeling pretty bad until I stumbled upon this post and all of the support you received. The side effects are so much worse then I expected and I'm so glad you're feeling better now, it gives me hope that I needed badly.

• Posted

HI Josh. Yes it sucks at the start and it's rough but you will get better and feel better. Coming on here helped me so much at the start of taking cit. Definitely look for reassurance and advice. We have no judgement on here and everybody wants to help each other. Good luck.

• Posted

I was surprised to see so much support, it's awesome. I'm starting to feel a little better now, it gets better as the day goes on for sure. Hopefully tomorrow won't be so bad and I can push through this first week. Thank you!

• Posted

This site has helped me massively! Another thing that has kept me at ease and encouraged me to carry on is the fb group “citalopram gang sertraline SSRI depression awareness” Theres a lot of people on there going through the same meds xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.