New pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a new pain today, it seems to be under my shoulder blade in my back, it hurts when I breathe in, when I move my arm and in my chest area. It is really painful, has anyone else had this pain? 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have had pain like that b4 but was due to cracking my ribs through continuous coughing had a chest infection for 7 weeks
    • Posted

I know that pain as I had it after a bad chest infection, but this time there is no coughing or infection, just the pain, a hot water bottle eases it a bit, but my pain killers aren't touching it! 😓
    • Posted

O dear that's not good is. Do u think it could be muscular pain ?? I was just telling my husband an he had the simaliar thing an it turned out to muscular pain. I myself am suffering at the moment but mine is in my hands the so sore and swollen ..😢
    • Posted

Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear your hands are sore and swollen - let's face it we use our hands all the time, so I expect it's very painful, my hands get pins and needles constantly so I can sympathise.

my pain may well be muscular but I can't tell you how it started! If it doesn't get any better today, I will try to see a Dr tomorrow, just to be on the safe side! I am probably starting a new flare though. Because today my heels are really hurting and my feet feel on fire........hey ho.....onwards and upwards! 

Gentle hugs.

• Posted

Good afternoon pilipalab4ch

Yes it's not good I am constantly putting hot water bottle on them as I can't use ibrouphen or any other anti inflammatory. Yes I also get the pin in needles to so annoying.

It's horrible not knowing what is causing the pain but yes I would also go the doctors always better to be safe !! Would you keep me updated of you do go.. Gentle hugs

• Posted

Hi Kirsty

like you I can't take any anti inflammatories either, it is a real nuisance as it seems to work for some.

on the up side, the pain isn't quite so sharp as I breathe in today, but, still very much there. I will let you know how I get on, but as it isn't really very much better today, I will try and see the Dr tomorrow, although I suspect it is another flare starting, tinnitus is deafening today too! Cor listen to me winge! Sorry, I hate feeling sorry for myself! 

Take care and gentle hugs x

• Posted

Hi pilipalab4ch

My go took me off them as my kidney function is only at 50% due to all the anti inflammatorys not that they worked for me..

Well that's good it's not as bad for you today I myself am having a bad flare up feel bloody awful.

Poor you really are going through it. Don't appolisge it good to have a little winge. Am the same I hate feeling sorry for my self. Gentle hugs xx

• Posted

Snap, I have a very similar sounding pain at the moment. As I had a physio appt I asked her about it and she thought it was a trigger point with associated muscle pain. I am doing some of the exercises she suggested though some are too painful,involving a tennis ball!, but I have had this before and am really just waiting for it to go away. I take painkillers sometimes but try to avoid them. Hot water bottles help. Hope yours goes away soon
    • Posted

Sticking with the hot water bottles, pain still here but not quite so severe with the breathing as it was thank goodness! 

I hope yours goes soon too.

gentle hugs X

• Posted

Hi pilipalab4ch I had this a few weeks it was very painful, it went off after 2 weeks. Try using Ibuprophen and keep using the hot water bottle thats what I did. take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, it is very painful, but not quite so sharp when I breathe today. Unfortunately I can't take ibobruphen, allergic to it, so it's hot water bottles for me, and pain killers when I have to! 

Gentle hugs back x

• Posted

Hi pilipalab4ch I think you should have a word with your gp just to be on the safe side. incase anything else is going on. we cant be too careful not everything can be down to fibro take good care of your self gentle hugs xx
    • Posted

Hi Kaz. I have an appointment this afternoon to see the GP. I will let you know how I get on. Take care and gentle hugs! 
  • Posted

Not been on for a while but I am still alive!! Does the pain get worse after eating?  Pain between shoulder blades and sometimes rib pain can be due to gall bladder and not our old enemy fibro. Worth discussing with a doctor.

Do hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi Maggers. It doesn't get any worse after eating, and it seems to be under my right shoulder blade not between them. It had got less sharp when I breathe in this morning, but it's back to its old self this evening, Dr tomorrow I think!

pleased your back Maggers, I hope you are OK.Take care and gentle hugs. X

• Posted

Poor you. A trip to the doctors to rule out anything else is worthwhile. I think we can all fall into the "it must be fibro throwing something else at me" trap.  I saw my consultant last week and she gave me a slap on the wrist for not going and having my rib pain investigated.  She said it is very common for us to just put everything down to fibro when it could in fact be something serious needing immediate attention. She scared me half to death saying I could have had a heart attack and would still put it down to fibro. She made me promise that any rib/chest/upper arm pain is always investigated before blaming fibro. Wise words and I am suitably chastised
    • Posted

Sorry it sent before I finished!  Thanks for the welcome back.  Been a bit of a personal rollercoaster and got off the World for a while but glad it managed to soldier on without me and let me back on at the next stop!
    • Posted

Hugs and take care! Will definitely check it out tomorrow - glad you're backbiggrin
    • Posted

Hi maggers its lovely to have you back weve missed you. how are you doing? Ive had a horrible nasty virus made worse by mr fibro. 2 weeks on still struggling with it, I min I seem to pick up the next back down again. never mind onwards upwards take care gentle hugs xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.