New pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a new pain today, it seems to be under my shoulder blade in my back, it hurts when I breathe in, when I move my arm and in my chest area. It is really painful, has anyone else had this pain? 

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi everyone. Thanks for all your messages it makes me feel so much better to know someone will answer my questions. 

I went to see myGP this afternoon. Initially she thought it might be pleurisy, but after listening to my chest and breathing she ruled this out, especially as I haven't been coughing either. She wondered had I been lifting anything? As I struggle to lift the kettle the answer was no! She thinks it is probably Fibro and costochondritis, so hot water bottles and pain killers! However, if I start coughing in the next day or so, I must go back! 

So yet another Fibro new pain to deal with, but at least I am confident that it's not anything else.

Thanks again my friends for your advice and concern. Take care and gentle hugs to you X

• Posted

Hi pilipalab4ch Thats good its not pleurasy as thats not nice to have. Ive been ill with a virus costocondritus for 3 weeks made worse by fibro had a massive flare. high temp costocondritus is very painful my gp said just take over the counter tabs. He couldnt give me anything for the virus that has to take its course, he said fibro was making it all worse which I knew any way. Hope you soon start to feel better it all eases for you take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz. Struggling a bit today as the pain is really sharp! I have a CMAT appointment this afternoon, so it will be another opinion! Hope you feel better soon too. Take care and gentle hugs X
  • Posted

im struggling at the moment with pin in my chest area whch has spread under my arms went the doctors and she said it culd be hormonal but ive had it for months now every day!!?? i have fibro diagnosed  in a lot of pain dailysadafternoonly and eveningly this is new for me tho as i never used to get this mine also hurts whem i move my arms
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you're in pain, it's really horrible. A hot water bottle really helps me , it doesn't get rid of the pain completely, but it helps. You could try it to see if it helps you too. Take care, gentle hugs x
    • Posted

hi thanks i have tried already it does ease it a bit but like you say it doesnt stop it as soon as you move it away its back again i try resting a lot hot baths keeping warm etc.. just get really fed up i never had the pain there its not long started its scary!sad
    • Posted

It's true as you say when you move away from the heat it flares, it is horrible. I did go to the GP, at least I know it's not pleurisy or anything else dodgy! She gave me some gel (anti inflamotary) to rub on. TBH I can't take the anti inflamotary tablets, and the gel hasn't done much for me. This only started on Saturday with me, it keeps me awake more than my other pains just now! Gentle hugs X
    • Posted

i take naproxen daily like 3 or 4 xs a day so i dont use the gel my doctor has now told me to try evening primrose oil which im going to buy soon see if it helpssmilei know what you mean its hard because it hurts your arms shoulders neck and around chest area when you try sleeping if your anything like me i really struggle sleeping i cant rest and when i do rest it feels like i havent i hope you find some relief x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.