New prolapse

Posted , 9 users are following.

feeling very depressed. Had a rectocele repair in oct 16. Been seeing the physiotherapist regularly. Had a very aggressive transvaginal ultrasound three weeks ago. Never known pain like it. Since then the feeling on air trapped in my vagina is worse. Saw the physiotherapist yesterday and she examined me. She said I was very tense so kept exam swift. She did say the front wall was a little bit lax. she suggested an exam standing up. When she examined me in a certain area it was painful and she said she could feel a slight bulge. She said it was mild. But again stated that due to awkward position of exam to try not to worry. i bawled my eyes out. I'm hoping that maybe the bulge she felt may have been swelling from the ultrasound. the woman who did it butchered my front wall with the probe. And now today I have my period. Got to wait now to see gynae again. On a positive my back wall is fine. But still an emotional wreck! 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Oops meant oct 2015
  • Posted

You said a woman butchered you when she did the ultrasound. Have you done anything about that because if it had happened to me I would have stopped her and made a formal complaint? You definitely need to see your consultant who I hope is a urogynaecologist and ensure you mention this to her/him because this is part of the reason you will be feeling depressed. It's difficult to advise you because only a urogynaecologist (and not the physiotherapist) can confirm the problem. If the bulge is from the ultrasound than there's someone working who shouldn't be allowed near women never mind a vagina!

• Posted

There were two women in the room. I told them it was hurting and they said they had nearly finished. My anxiety is so high because of the last prolapse. Trying to get an appointment with my doctor is a challenge. I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long for gynae appointment. I don't ever want to be examined again. I will definitely tell my doctor when I manage to get an appointment. She's been on holiday for a couple of weeks. I ring everyday and her appointments are all gone. I get told to try again tomorrow. It's so frustrating.

• Posted

Yes, the physiotherapist has referred me to gynae. So I just have to wait for that. I just want to speak to my doctor about the ultrasound and my low mood. But it's so hard to get an appointment 

• Posted

Agreed! I was horrified when I read that! please make a formal complaint
    • Posted

Can you ask to speak to your GP if you can't get an appointment because when she hears what has happened I think she'll see you?

• Posted

It is awful isn't it steph? We are so vulnerable when we feel depressed and unwell

• Posted

emma I am so horrified it reading your experience especially if any harm was caused during an ultrasound. If that was the case and you do want to take things further I will be happy to help with anything such as the wording of any complaint. I have over 41 years experience in the NHS and even though I have retired I still investigate complaints on behalf of my local NHS Trust, in fact I'm starting an investigation next week. So keep in touch with us on the forum and let us know how you get on.

• Posted

I'm hoping that anything felt was just swelling from bruising of the ultrasound or due to the fact that my period arrived today. I just need to try and stop worrying. Easier said than done. I'm not going to let the doctor examine me. I will wait til I get my gynae appointment through and see what she says. That area is clearly aggravated so I don't want to be prodded about again. I will definitely discuss the ultrasound with my doctor and the gynaecologist as well. If I turn out to have a prolapse on the front wall at least I will have forewarning. I never had any symptoms with my last prolapse until it just fell right down. Thanks for your response. I will let you know how I get on.

• Posted

Bless your heart lovely. How appalling. Id be making a complaint for compensation so no other women go through it. Hugs lovely😘

• Posted

Good luck emma and I agree with you when you say you are going to refuse to be examined. Please keep in touch x
    • Posted

I am having trouble with the consultant he doesnt want to hear anything i have to say, what can i do to change my consultant and ask for someone else as i have a prolapse which he is not offering me surgrey for and i need it because i have chronic constipation and cant go without laxatives feel like i have just been left with nothing and no one to advise me when i saw him he was very abrupt and ushered me out as quickly as possible feel at a loss what to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.