New Sufferer of Blepharitis

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi!

I've recently been told by my Doctor I have Blepharitis. It started with really itchy eyes around 5 months ago. The skin around my eyes just got worse and worse and now is really red and swollen on my right eye. I'll try and post a picture if I can. Anyway my Doctor advised to bathe my eyes morning and night and keep moisturising throughout the day.

The only problem I have is that I'm an Ambulance Technician (like a Paramedic but without the degree) so I'm out responding to 999 calls 12 hours a day 3 or 4 times a week meaning I really struggle to keep to a strict cleaning routine. My eyes look terrible and I've had patients comment on it before which isn't ideal!

I'm wondering if anyone has got any tips or tricks that will help with the redness so my eyes don't look as bad as they do? I'm using Aveeno moisturiser and I was using Vaseline on a night but I've stopped that as it was making my eyes even more itchy. I've tried cleaning my eyes with baby shampoo, simple soap, aqeuos (I think that's spelt wrong) and just warm water and nothing seems to help with the redness.

I'm struggling to get back into my doctor's to talk to them about it but she said the last attempt to help would be a mild steroid cream for my eyes.

Any information would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jack

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Jack,

I had the itching in both eyes with my Blepharitis  and I was able to kill it. I used Wet Ones, antibacterial hand wipes, and I posted on this site how I did it. A friend, actually, was the first to kill it using the ingredient in an Avon Facial Scrub. They no longer made it with that in it so I had to look online to find something else that had that in it. It was Benzethonium Chloride.

I had the wipes at home and I used them and started getting relief pretty quick.

A person who was in the medical field was the first one to try it and she said the whites of her eyes turned white and were no longer red.

It does take a little over 3 months to kill it. I found it to be a Staph infection and that is why the wipes work. Some people have sensitive skin and can't use them. 

The info is posted already but if you are interested or have questions, just let me know and I will tell you what I did to get rid of it.

Hope this helps,

Lynda79

• Posted

Interesting comment as I have "accidentally" found that because we use carex antibacterial hand soap by sluicing my face (and eyes in the process) whilst washing my Blepharitis has eased considerably

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.