New symptoms

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, today at work I experienced a new kind of attack I believe and I was wondering if anyone else has and can alleviate some of my anxieties surrounding it. 

So I had just given meds to a patient walked away and suddenly I felt a massive pressure in my left ear and when I walked it felt like I was going off to the left side, like I was tilted. 

I had to remain at work for a couple of hours while waiting for a replacement nurse. During this time I had some pins and needles in the left side of my face, rolling nausea, head spinning, no nystagmus but occasional spin when looking from one place to another and extreme hot flushes. I’m still experiencing the fluctuating nausea and head spins and almost like my eyes are detached from my brain. 

I’ve not had this before and it’s worrying me.

So please if you’ve experienced similar please let me know so I can relax a little. 

Thank you in advance 

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So I’ve now had another ‘standard’ attack over the weekend along with what I thought was going to be a second but lasted a few minutes. 

However, I’m still feeling like I’m on the brink of another vertigo attack 24/7. I’ve been bed bound for 2 weeks non stop because of this. The fullness in my left ear is constant. 

Does anyone else get this for this long? (I’ve been bed bound from theses symptoms for 5 weeks before now. )As from the Reading I’ve done this is not typical of Meniere’s at all but I know the literature isn’t always accurate. 

Thanks in advance 

Sarah

• Posted

My most recent attack (June 1) caused me to be bed bound for approximately 3 days, followed by severe balance problems and motion sickness for another 3-4 weeks.  I changed my diet to paleo with more healthy foods and no junk food, caffeine, or alcohol and have started feeling better.  I still have imbalances, but I’m able to function pretty well right now.  During my attack I had extreme fullness and very loud tinnitus.  Now I do not have any fullness and minor tinnitus.  Try changing your diet and increasing your potassium.  It has made a big difference for me.
    • Posted

Thanks. 

My diet is the same and is low salt. 

Caffeine and alcohol haven’t been in my life for 4 years now, so that’s not a change I can make. I have eliminated artificial sweetener too. 

I am still getting the tingling in my face and I’m seriously considering that the cause of mine may be vestibular migraines and not Meniere’s as no diet or life style changes have made a difference 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.