New Symtom

Posted , 8 users are following.

I went to a special disease doctor that told me that true mono is a minimum of 6 months recovery. He told me to come back in 3 weeks and he will do some test to make sure it wasnt lyme which he said there is basically no chance it is. I now have a weird numb tingling feeling on the right side of my face the back of my right are and out side of my right calf and foot. It is very bothersome and scary to me and it a very weird feeling. The spots also feel week or almost heavier on that side of my body but they still have total function. Nothing good comes up if you type it into a computer and of course that anxiety comes into play everytime i think about it.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Josh,

I agree with the doctor. I am on month 8 from my first symptom. I feel normal for the most part, but it wasnt until about month 6 that I started to emerge from the worst of it. But, once I did, recovery was pretty quick. I'm back to my normal busy life, including regular work outs. I also gained all the weight back and a few extra pounds. Lol. Long story short, you will get better. Just be extra careful to avoid sickness. I caught a cold at about month 4 and it took me 2 months to get rid of it.

About the numbness, I had the same. it was within the first 2 months of being diagnosed. I did the same by googling it, and it was all terrifying. As long as you have function, it's most likely just another weird symptom. Remember that this illness affects your nervous system. I had a lot of weird symptoms too, and gave me anxiety i had never had before. It will all get better with time.

I used supplements during the recovery and I truly think it helped.

• Posted

Yes it was. I freaked out and went to see what was happening. He said the only time to worry is if it was equally on both sides and getting worse quickly.

• Posted

I should clarify...I went to the doctor to see what was happening.

• Posted

Thank you for the insight. Mine doesnt seem to be getting worse or better it just pretty weird and frightening thinking stroke or Ms or something like that. It all still works find and i dont have a drooping face or anything but you know how it is im trying to get healthy to be able to marry my fiance and i dont want to miss out on that.

• Posted

Trust me, I understand. I was thinking all those horrible things too. I thought i had Gilliam barre, which looks terrible.

This illness plays mind tricks on you like you wouldn't believe.

Are you using supplements to build your immune system back up? Building your system is the only way to get better faster.

• Posted

I was told by my doctors to stop taking all those suppliments well the herbal stuff i might be poisoning myself. They also told me to go back to eating what i used to eat and see if i gain weight.

• Posted

I never changed my eating habits, just added vitamins, no herbs. But definitely follow doctor's orders. I hope your symptoms subside soon.

• Posted

Hi Jen / Josh,

I totally empathise in that this virus really often fools you into thinking there is something else going on because of its intensity and longevity, when in the vast majority of cases it is the mono causing this and nothing else. I went through the same worries and fears about it being something else too and your mind can really go to some awful and frightening places.

So pleased to hear that you have been seeing improvements and feeling better Jen, just want to encourage you and Josh that you both will get there and back to FULL health again with further time. It's so hard to live through this virus and be patient and to hang in there when feeling so unwell and drained and beaten up day after day, but please know that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that with God's help your body will beat this thing - the body has amazing powers of recovery, it just gets knocked for six during this thing and takes time to recover, but you will get back on your feet again and your body resilience will return again - and that's coming from me as someone who wasn't at all sure it would after months and months of battling and feeling unwell and just not right.

It was only down to God that I was able to get through it, I know I didn't have the strength or energy to get through it myself and just so grateful for His grace and mercy - and remember you will get there too, God is good He is the great healer - this thing doesn't last forever and you will get better Jen and Josh, truly you will!

Thinking about you and hoping for a good and settled week ahead for you both - better times are ahead...don't give up.

Craig

• Posted

If you do bot mind me asking how long did it last. It getting really aggravating at the moment.

• Posted

About 7-8 days so far it seems when im ding stuff in my garden and yard its not to bad but when i am resting and sleeping or driving its worse.

• Posted

I remember having the same issue. sometimes I felt like my insides were shaking. It sucks, but it will pass.

• Posted

Hi Josh,

It is such a horrible and frustrating virus that's for sure, my experience was too that it was an awful time and it is true that it can be normal for mono to take 6 months certainly to recover from. It's hard not to be discouraged when going through it I know and dealing with all these debilitating and strange symptoms, but really want to reassure you Josh that it does get better and it does pass with time, I struggled badly for a number of months too with it and it was awful but thanks to God only was able to recover, I know I couldn't have done it myself my body was feeling so beaten up, weary and unwell with this thing. It is normal to struggle for a period with this and then make a full and complete recovery, so hang in there Josh as the doctor says it is often just a time factor with this thing, so hard to live through each day and be patient I know though. I remember well how just getting through a single day when feeling so unwell, fatigued and drained with this virus was so hard, so just focus on one day at a time and don't look far ahead, today's challenges are enough for today.

It's a nasty nasty virus but you will get fully over it and your body strength and resilience does return, your body has amazing powers of recovery it just takes it times to get to grips with and defeat this thing once and for all, but with God's help you will get there I truly believe that. Hang in there and keep messaging on the forum Josh, I know how much support and encouragement I needed going through this and it's important we are all there for one another - thinking about you and hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

hi josh,

i had the same feeling for a week or two. one part of my face would just feel all tingly and kind of "weaker" like you said. i know its reassuring to know that other people experience the same symptoms so i hope you dont worry yourself too much about it, hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Dominika,

It is good to see a post from you, just wondering how you have been doing lately? Hoping that you have been feeling well and that things with school and everything are going well. You always have such kind and encouraging words for others, you are a true blessing to this forum!! Really hoping you are doing well and sending best wishes to you.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Craig,

I am doing well! I never really feel unwell anymore, so I can say that my life has pretty much returned back to normal. I am probably like 90% there, sometimes I still feel a little jittery or a little more tired than usual but nothing that would stop me from doing things in my day to day life. its crazy thinking how horrible I was feeling at this time last year. I admit I forgot to log on here for a while and see how people were doing, but i just wanted to leave a couple messages now that I'm feeling better. Thanks for the message and for always checking up on people 😃 so many people on the forum appreciate it!

• Posted

Hi Dominika

So glad to hear you are doing well 😃 Just wanted to say congrats on the progress you have made. Thankyou for the positive update, it gives great hope to all those who are still suffering.

• Posted

Hi Dominika,

It is fantastic to hear that you have been doing well, and please you have nothing to apologise for in terms of not being on the site posting. The important period of being on the site is when going through this dreadful virus and getting some help and encouragement to support you through - I know how much I needed that when going through mono that's for sure!

Just want you to know also that it is very normal indeed maybe to be feeling a little more tired or jittery than normal in the first year or two of recovery, things will continue to settle with that over time and nothing is going to hold you back going forward, I believe that!

I especially hope that your recovery story can give lots of hope and encouragement to all the young people on the site going through mono today, those in their teenage years and who are at school or just left school. This virus truly is an awful thing to go through but want to let everyone going through this know that there IS hope and IS full recovery with this, and not to panic if it takes a little time for full recovery as that can be normal, but absolutely you will get there!

Thanks for posting and for all your support of me and others Dominika - take care of yourself and do keep us posted as to how you are doing over the coming period even if it's just every now and then!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.