New to AF and worried

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I have recently been diagnosed with AF after suffering with it for quite some time. It was my GP that insisted the hospital redo some tests. I was put on Adizem and Warfarin. I had a bad reaction with the warfarin and ended up in hospital with a really fast heart rate!!

They changed the warfarin to Apixaban. I was ok on this for a while then I started to get really bad tummy pains and my stools became black. I stopped the Apixaban. I saw my Cardiologist last Monday for the first time and felt as if I was being a pest and that he had better things to do. The whole appointment was about 7 minutes. He went through my meds and told me about the blood thinners. He went on to say that he wants Jane to see me to see if he should do an Ablation. Who was Jane? not a clue!. The ablation I had heard of but not sure exactly what it is about. He suggested I look on his 'youtube' for an explanation. I asked how long this would take, who was Jane etc and yes you guessed it look on his 'youtube' end of appointment. Sorry I needed to get that off my chest!!!!!!

At the moment reacting to the Adizem, really bad bloating, gone up a dress size in 5 weeks, unable to get a good nights sleep and breathless. Just looking for support really!. Thanks for listening

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If Warfarin and NOACs are not suitable for you there is the possibility of having an Amplatzer amulet or a Watchman device inserted into your left atrial appendage, That filter device stops any clots that form from getting through to cause a stroke.

Warfarin did not suit me and NOAD's wee contra indicated because of my tissue aortic  valve. 

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your comment, I am so sorry to have upset some of you kind people. I will let you how I get on, if and when I get the next appointment. Xxx
  • Posted

You did not upset anyone. it was one of the replies to you that upset someone and they seem to have been deleted by the moderator.

Keep asking anything that you need to know.

• Posted

Thank you Derek. I will keep in touch

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.