new to forum, diagnosed with costchondritis

Posted , 11 users are following.

first diagnosed 3 years ago. Suddenly had pain in left side of chest, sharp stabbing pains, hurt to breath and any kind of movement. Had breast cancer (had implants as a result) so instantly thought something had gone wrong with them).Was sent to breast clinic, but mammagams, scans etc, showed all was fine and was diagnosed with costochondritis. this has been ongoing for the past 3 years. now at the stage where it affects me day to day. Now have daily pain in chest, shoulder, back and neck, all on the left side..At it's worst,breathing alone is difficult and i can concur with the feeling of experiencing a heart attack. Walking becomes, slow and laboured, because of the pain. I feel for you all going through this, and hope we can share some hope, experiance and help amongst us

0 likes, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had flashing light in my left eye fir the last month. Today I went to the opthalmologist after my doc referred me. I couldn't get in on my own since I had seen an optometrist already and he hadn't seen anything. Well...today they saw something. He's not sure what it is yet. I had a flourosene angiogram with pictures of my eye and they are checking for inflammation of the blood vessels in my eye which I looked online could mean cancer, tumor, or any type of auto immune disorder. I'm very worried at this point. Has anyone else has issues with flashing in their eyes?

• Posted

I've just read your post post Kim about your left eye, gosh. When my Costo started a few weeks in my left eye started feeling pressured and odd experiencing floaters (black dots) and focus in my eye went slightly? This worried me alot as I do wear glasses for Pc work, and not ever needed them for long distance. I went along to my opticians as I was timely due an eye test and she carried out a comphrensive test. The only issue that was spotted was that my left eye was strained and overall my glasses strength need some adjustments (as you get old natural eye deterioration). My other reason for going to the opticians was due to the headaches as well...Like you thinking the worst case.  I did not have the angiogram ??? I would be really intrested to hear the outcome of your results please.

I am 45 years and just under 9 stone and 5'2 and generally of good health no real health problems previously, mild childhood asthma.

I feel very aged and weak because of Costo and the worry of trying understanding this  it self has exhausted me!!

Completely understand these issues just seem so random but I can only be due to Costo??

Hang in there Kim.

• Posted

I just saw this reply! Yes I had the angiogram and they think I have occular Histoplasmosis which is a fungus that goes from the lungs to the eye that I may have had since childhood but flared up because of extreme stress. I have another eye appointment next week but so far it's not effecting my vision. So I'm hoping I won't have to do needle injections in my eye it Lazer treatment. If it gets worse tho I may have to do something. If it's related to the costo no one has put it together.

• Posted

I do hope this not the case for you. Please keep me posted.
  • Posted

Megan to find you well. May I just ask from your last post how your healing process iso going I realise where fighting against the odds for full recovery 6 mon seems a lifetime so I wonder how your managing 3 years on ?

Wishing you all the best

Elaine

• Posted

Any updates on anyone? I was also diagnosed with costo in January and I've been to the drs like 20 times since then with a list of problems and no answers for them =(

• Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.please guys help me to spread this information to the world and help people with this disease.

• Posted

I do the same exercise ... i have Costo and I also have COPD! It surprisingly does help! It’s like breathe in through your nose then exhale like you’re blowing out the candles ... 
  • Posted

Hello guys,let me tell you my story and a beautiful advice to whom suffers costohondritis.

I have been diagnosed with Costo 3 weeks ago from now,i had a super strong chest pain right in the middle of the chest that i literally can not walk for a 5 minutes,so i went to Er,they said it is Costo and prescribed me to take Advil.

So its been 19 days already i have been taken Advil daily,2 pils in the morning and 2 pils at night and it really helped me to survive without the pain.

Every single day i have been reading forums like that all over the world just to understand ho to deal with Costo because our doctors dont know s*%$t,and i found a lady,on russian forum,who gave anadvice( exercise) to someone how to treat Costo at home and guess what guys-it really works! I woke up this morning with out pain!!!!!

1.take a deep breath trough your nose and hold it and count 10 seconds.

2.then slowly ,very slowly let the air out through the mouth.

3.thats it guys! Lol,i did this exercise yesterday about 10 times during the day and today i am going to survive with out advil,this magic exercise works!

Dont thank me guys!

Ps.please guys help me to spread this information to the world and help people with this disease.

• Posted

Hi megan

i have been diagnosed with this condition and have been looking for a forum to see if there is anyone I can speak to and I have come acrosss yourself, I can’t believe you have had this for 3 years.  I have had this now for about 6months and as you say it is very hard to deal with on a day to day basis, you cannot do the things you once were able to do, daily things are just so painful and the breathless ness is unreal, sometimes I think people look at me and say get a grip, they should have this and see what it is like, we have just been on holiday and although it was lovely it was also awful as I could not just do things anymore, going for walks we had to,sit down all the time so I could get my breath, is there anything you could recommend that helps, I have been taking ibruophen and paracetamol they don’t really help, I am actually going back to,doctors this week to see if there is anything else they can give me I have read about steroid injections have you tried these and if so did it help at all even for a little time, hope to,hear from you soon

thank you susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.