new to fybro

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I am 41 and have two children, and I have just been diagnosed with Fybro but when I think about it, I started years ago. I have suffered for years with painful periods (being treated for early change with HRT, which supprisingly did not work), and tiredness becoming worse in 2005 when I also started with IBS and I had to give up my nurse traing. I have since worked in the caring sector, managing but always tired, but at the start of this year I bacame worse with symptoms of irritable bladder, IBS, widespread pain, joint pain and a feeling of swelling in cartain places. I came to a halt last month when my pain became virtulaaly unbareable, I was very emotional, and my mobility poor, climbing stairs was like climbing a mountain. Everythig hurt. My G.P investigated and found me to have Fybromyalgia with depression and Oesteo arthiritis in my neck. I am on treatment now with amitryptiline 50mg, paracetamol and ibrophen. I sleep better now since I have been on medication but still get pain and fatigue on doing any task. I feel about 90! I appreciated reading about other sufferers with fybro, as I did feel quite alone.

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Everyone!

How are you all today! Didn't sleep to well last night so tired today. Just been and had all my bloods taken. Wait for results now. :cry: Not too bad here today cold but have some sun. Walked to drs and back so feel really shattered now.

Hope you all had a good sleep last night. :lol: Got Sophie for a couple hours this afternoon. Its hard to believe she is eight weeks old tomorrow.

Molly is practising for her nativity play and has a talking part. Said to her oh your a narrator then and she said no nanny I am doing some talking bless her. :lol:

Take care everyone! :lol: :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

my god tess 8 weeks already wow i remember when u were awaiting her birth...

i slept ok last night but its now nearly 3pm and i feel i could go back to bed im in pain and cold so that always wants me to go back to bed, but john is a backshift today so i always feel bad if im in bed when kerri gets home from school.

the weather here today is bitter i went to see my best friend today as its her dads funeral tomorrow and i wanted to give her a locket i bought her for a pic of her dad in it so she can keep him close by.. so im off to a funeral at 12 so u can guess im not looking forward to that ..

hope u all have a painless day so gentle hugs xxx

• Posted

Hi Di and Everyone!

Yes it is 8 weeks and she has really changed. Looked after her for a couple of hours this afternoon. Was a good girl but needs a lot of attention. :lol:

That was a nice idea the locket you bought for your friend. Will surely help her. I hope funeral goes ok and you don't get too cold and tired.

Went for blood test just waiting on results again! All we ever do is wait for some result or appointment lol :cry:

Well get a good rest tonight.

Hope everyone else is coping ok today.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

hi everyone

Tess its so lovely u can spend time with ur grandchildren they grow up so quick.. my neices wee girl is 6 months old she is so contented my 3 were never like that and she sleeps 7 till 7.. wonder what i did wrong..lol

well im sitting here eating some chocolates turkish delight sweets i know i shouldnt but i was at asda and they just jumped into my basket lol..

anyway hope ur all well and hope everyone has a lovelly sleep xx

• Posted

HI there Di, Tess, Linda, Lindy, and everyone else xxx

Well I have had the flu with my little boy and we are just kind of getting over it now as I was awful..... The pain in my hip is so bad too and so I am aching all over enhancing the fibro........ I know what you mean Tess about hurting arm, mine felt bruised for about three days later after my blood tests, I hope you do not wait too long for your results, I will get mine this Thursday but I do not think anything will have changed. it is just a precautionary measure???

Oh Tess, 8 weeks old, how old?, oh bless xxx and Molly being in the nativity oh bless her too, Olivia is a part in the school play \" A white dove\" along with a production next year \"thriller\" and she is Michael Jackson so has a a good role in both plays.

Good you got your prezzies sorted Lindy, one less stress to attend with!!!! We do not get snow much, I think it is due to being a walk away from the beach!!!! My hubby is hoping it will snow this year as he has got a sleigh :lol: the most we get is for about a few hours and then it goes, it doesn't seem to settle due to the sea air!!!!

I hope the family meal was ok Di, and it did not cause you to much pain and fatigue xx I hope you really enjoys your Turkish Delights, it is funny how chocolate finds it way to the shopping trolley :lol: I got my Quality street and celebrations tins the other week, but I will have to get heros as I do not like celebrations they are my hubbies!!

How is Helen? I hope she is ok xxxx

I have been watching \"I'm a celebrity\" and David is a pain in the back side....... he has been such a patronizing poo!!!! So annoying :oops: Does anyone else watch this?

Take care everyone, and I hope everyone has a good night sleep and I hope no-one gets this awful flu xxxxx

• Posted

Hi All,

Hope everyone is bearing up with the aches and pains...nowt else for it huh!! Its a bu**er!!!

Still bitterly cold here but no nore snow as yet.

Ian and I wrapped up the presents on Sunday night after dinner. My hands were`nt worth a stuff yesterday.. :lol: God, old age isn`t coming itself thats for ruddy sure!!

Got staff development at work all this week, and off to a conference on Thursday. Its in Glenrothes which is about 1hr and a half away (depending on the traffic). Hope the snow stays away for that!

Catch up soon

Take Care

Lindy...x

• Posted

I meant to add about the nativity plays.....I remember Connor being the shepherd one time when he was in nursery. You know, T-towel on the head blah blah.

WELLLLLLL, we shopping in asda, and a muslim lady walked by us, with her hair covered. I saw Connor looking at her, a big smile to her....she smiled back and said hello.....and Connor shouted....\"Oh mum look....there`s baby jesus` mammy\".... :shock:

The lady saw the funny side and laughed ...I was mortified... :lol:

(As for the sweeties girls, I bought 6 tins as u were getting 2 for 7 quid in asda. And we ate a tin... :lol: :lol: It was a spare thankfully!!!)

Lindy...x

• Posted

hi ses,linda tess lindy and everyone

well last night after enjoying my chocolates i went off to bed about 10pm and i was still wide awake at 7am this morning i was getting so angry cause i have a funeral this morning at 12 and i needed my energy for that..

anyway lindy im in edinburgh so not far from glenrothes, so were do u come from then?

ses, flu oh my god im dreading it.. i had a flu jag for the first time this year i was hoping it meant u didnt get it.. oliver must be a confident girl if she is in those plays my kids would hide in a corner lol...

anyway im drinking my cup of t and taken all my painkillers that i need for the first 4 hours lol then im up stairs to get john to help me get clothes on, it looks so nice outside but i can imagine it is balltic x

so hope everyone is ok and i will come on later and see how u all are x

• Posted

Hi there Lindy, Di, Tess, Linda and everyone else x

Well Lindy that is so funny \"is that's Jesus Mother\" That is something that my daughter would come up with, as she used to ask some real bizarre questions, which like you, were very embarrassing one particular time we went into the corner shop and there was a very tall man with very long hair but was very bald on top, she looked at him and she said \"why haven't you cut all your hair?\" I wanted the ground to swallow me up as I felt so embarrassed, I apologized, he was ok about the situation as Olivia was about four years old at the time so he wasn't annoyed too much :roll:

Di, I used to have flu jabs, until the last time and I couldn't get out of bed, the only good thing was that I stopped smoking due to this and I haven't looked back, four years I have give up :lol: the only downside though was the weight I had put on!!!! I hope you are not in too much pain with the fibro at the funeral xxx I hope you are well wrapped up too xxxxxx

I hope you are ok Tess also xx Is it today you get your results from your blood work done? I hope everything is fine xxxxxx

Well everyone, I was in so much pain last night I went to bed at around 2.30 am and I woke up at six due to Ethan, luckily it was my hubby's turn to get up with Ethan so I stayed in bed until 11 am, the flu is at the end of it's cycle now so I am relieved....... Melissa has to see about her brace tomorrow and so a trip I will have to go unfortunately, hopefully she will have her brace taken off ready for xmas, she has had it on for around nine months and it has worked wonders, she is so hoping :roll: I am off to the doctors on Thursday so a busy week!!!!

Anyway everyone, I do hope the cold weather has not been to harsh to you all, only nice thing about the weather is cuddling up to your hubby in front of the fire, the only downside is how do you get up from the floor? :lol: xxx

• Posted

Hi All,

Di, Im in Cumbernauld. Originally from Falkirk, moved to Glasgow in 91, then to here at the end of 93, just before Connor was born. So Im literally a stones throw from u.. :lol:

Take Care

Lindy...x

• Posted

Hi Tess Ses and everyone,

We all had our flu jabs Ses, mine was the first time and they said I should have one as ray`s carer! Ann nurses sick under 3yr olds at addenbrookes and has still caught some wierd pneumonia virus that I can`t even say!! So she is feeling very sorry for herself. So sorry you and your little one have been poorly, it must have been very hard for you, I do hope you`re both getting better now, I`ll be thinking of you Ses.

Tess, hope you get your bloods back soon and everything is ok. Little Sophie must be changing lots now, she must bring you lots of joy and Molly too.

Well, took ray to optician today, as hospital thought new glasses might help. No luck, they said there is nothing they can do with his glasses that will improve his sight. So, not the answer we wanted, he is so down and I don`t know what else to do to help him. the only thing was she said the good eye might have a build up of fluid causing the problem, do to the heart failure and that might improve when the heart is sorted out. So maybe a glimmer of hope?????

I`m just waiting for the reaction to set in, I no from past experience that once things settle down I will have a reaction in some way or another! Probably fibro related!!

Take care everyone, hope you all have some sleep tonight.

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, I do hope once the doctors sort out the heart problem and to eventually be able sort out his eyes too, bless him even as we are in so much pain it does make us feel guilty for complaining when there are people like your husband are worse off.......... Bless him I do hope he is not too uncomfortable over the xmas period xxxxxxxx and I do hope that all the worry you have does not make your pain worse xxxxxx You are lke me Linda I have had loads of reactions from medications, from breathing difficulties to itchy skin....... we are just guinea pigs at the end of the day, and as we are not all the same not all meds suit everyone.

Anyway I hope everyone has a good night sleep big gentle hugs to you all xxxxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Di, Ses, Lindy, Linda, Helen & Everyone!

My favourite sweets fell into your shopping basket Di. :lol: All babies are different. No two are the same. Don't think you went wrong anywhere. I was very lucky with my twins as they both slept through the night at six weeks. They were big babies 8lb 11oz Chris and 7lb 10oz Steph his twin.

I hope you didn't get too cold at funeral yesterday and not in too much pain.

Well Done to Olivia Ses she must be talented to get in two productions. :lol: I hope you and ethan are feeling better after having the flu. I hope your results are ok for you when you see gp on Thursday.

I watch I'm a celebrity too. David is just stiring up trouble for everyone and seems to enjoy it. Should get two of the blood test results probably tomorrow and the thyroid take a week. Think going to make appointment with doctor to talk about thyroid anyway. So will get all the results then. Its much easier than just ringing up for them. I have been given wrong results over the phone before so like to go in and see dr in person. :cry:

Lindy I hope you don't get anymore snow with having to travel. Not the best weather to travel in. You do well with still working with this Fibro.

Have you heard from Rheum yet! I bought a tin of quality street so could use tin for my christmas cake. Put them in bags to put away but stu and I ate them all. Got to buy some more now lol.

Di it is my second year of having flu jab. It doesn't stop you getting it but you shouldn't get it as bad. I was lucky last year and never got it.

I haven't felt too well the last couple of days. Had a bad headache like a head cold. Hope that isn't start of the flu or something. I always blame everything on the fibro thingy.

Hope you are ok Helen and getting your foot sorted out. Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you ok too Linda.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi there Tess and everyone else xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Tess, Olivia is very confident considering the past troubles we have on whole as a family....... probably as she doesn't see her dad anymore (the girls chose on their own accord as they are old enough to realize the death threats were no joke) anyway She is bubbly and very loud so she will be well heard in the play(s) :lol: Yeah blood test results back tomorrow, I am not expecting anything to come back as i am not worried, just a precautionary measure as i had changed practice, as my GP wanted to make sure they were all up to date for his records. I do hope you get your results soon too Tess and everything just a routine check xxxxx Yeah David so annoying, I couldn't understand why Kilroy got kicked off as he was very good in the trials, however he was a bit backstabbing so maybe that was it? I only saw glimses of it though, I can't remember what I was doing though, oh yes I think my mum was on the phone to me :lol: so she kept me chatting :tea: :ok:

I got large tin of Prin*** ham today from Bargain B***e when taking Melissa to the Othodontist as it was only a £1, I thought that was good as I keep getting the bargains if I am out, which is not alot so was rather chuffed, sad eh!!!! got a bargain :lol: SO now I have a tin of quality st***t, a tin of cel****tions, a box of f*x's biscuits, ja**bs savoury crackers, a tube of prin**es and a tin of ham :lol: :lol: :lol: (Not Advertising) Oh and a champayne bottle of cel****ations that my mum won at bingo!!!!! So kind of prepared for the big day!!!!! Just wondering now what we are going to have for the main meal........ Turkey, Beef................ I want to try lobster as I have never tried it, I doubt that is a good choice eh???? :roll:

I do hope that your Flu jab hasn't effected you Tess or Di xxxx This weather effected me instead :oops: I do hope Helen is ok too xx Yeah and is the appointment for your Rheumo yet Lindy?

Anyway it is late 01.12 am and so i better get to bed if I can sleep so sweet dreams to you all and I do hope we all get a good night sleep

Love Sara x

• Posted

Hi Ses, Tess and everyone,

Hope everything goes ok with GP today Ses, like you say just routine cause its a new doctor. Good that he`s being thorough and checking everything, at least you will know there`s nothing else going on!

How are you today Tes, weather not too bad here, so hope not too much pain.

I`m really stiff today, not in pain as such, just so stiff when I move! Had real trouble getting into bath for a shower last night and getting out was even worse! Lol Well have some friends coming for coffee this afternoon, can`t remember the last time we had anyone visit, apart from my best friend on tuesday mornings. Lost touch with most people with us both being ill, they get fed up and stop asking when you always have to say that one of us is not well enough!! Looking forward to it really, although it feels quite strange, Hope I don`t fall asleep, I usually can`t stay awake in the afternoon!

Well take care everyone

Love Linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.