new to fybro

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi, I am 41 and have two children, and I have just been diagnosed with Fybro but when I think about it, I started years ago. I have suffered for years with painful periods (being treated for early change with HRT, which supprisingly did not work), and tiredness becoming worse in 2005 when I also started with IBS and I had to give up my nurse traing. I have since worked in the caring sector, managing but always tired, but at the start of this year I bacame worse with symptoms of irritable bladder, IBS, widespread pain, joint pain and a feeling of swelling in cartain places. I came to a halt last month when my pain became virtulaaly unbareable, I was very emotional, and my mobility poor, climbing stairs was like climbing a mountain. Everythig hurt. My G.P investigated and found me to have Fybromyalgia with depression and Oesteo arthiritis in my neck. I am on treatment now with amitryptiline 50mg, paracetamol and ibrophen. I sleep better now since I have been on medication but still get pain and fatigue on doing any task. I feel about 90! I appreciated reading about other sufferers with fybro, as I did feel quite alone.

0 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Ses (Sara), Linda & Everyone!

Sara is SES your initials of your names? Wondered what ses was for.

I feel a lot better than I have the last couple of days at least headache has gone now. Still feel quite tired though! Think I will just ring for all my results on Monday when they are all back. :lol: Don't think it was flu injection as I had that middle of October. I hope your dr appointment went ok.

I was like you didn't want kilroy to go last night. Thought it should have been David. I think thats what the others were hoping in the jungle. I think Joe, Esther or George should win.

We are having Turkey for our Christmas lunch and I shall be cooking for ten this year. But going out on 26th to my daughter Steph's house, and on the 27th to my daughter Claire's house. Will be the first year I have not had to cook on both days. We also have sauerkraut with our turkey as stu mum is german and got recipe from her.

Linda I hope you had a good time with your friends today and did not tire you too much. I haven't felt really stiff for a long time since I have been doing my exercises. My pain is not too bad at the moment but my joints in fingers hurt again today. At least the headache has gone I have had the last two days. :cry:

Well hope everyone else is ok and not doing too much.

Love Tess x x

Linda I hope you had a good time this afternoon with your friends.

• Posted

Hi Tess you guessed right but not going into details I used to be called Saz at school so I think it is similar lol, My doctors appointment was canceled today and so I goto tomorrow instead!!!!!

I Would like Joe, George or Simon to win as they are all their own characters!!!! Surprised Danny was let out tonight though??? Still want David out!!!!!

I have ten here at xmas, luckily my hubby is doing the cooking with all prepared cooked veg from Tesco or somewhere as there will be no scraping on the veg front as I am unable to help with that as my hands won't let me unfortunately, so he will have to find easier methods of putting the meal together, I will just look on and tell him if he goes wrong :shock:

I do hope that you are having a good day at your friends too Linda and I hope you are having a good day today Tess along with every one els xxxx

Anyway I am off to bed now as I went to sleep at 3.30 last night and so I hope we all have a good night sleep xxx

• Posted

Hi Tess, Ses and everyone,

Thanks for asking, we did have a good afternoon, with our friends. It was so good to just talk to someone about normal everyday things. They are a great couple, who always make you laugh, just what we needed!! On the down side though it made me realise just how much I miss adult company, if my Son and daughter go out straight from work,(quite often) we don`t see or speak to anyone apart from ourselves.

I`m like you Ses I find it very difficult to scrape veg, my thumbs and wrists get very painful. If I stir anything I have to keep stopping and rub my arms to try and stop the pain in the muscles. I only have my Mother coming at Christmas, for three days, so not too bad. You are very brave having ten! Lol I would probably sit and fall asleep in front of them!!

I`m back at the doctors today, blood pressure this morning and then GP this afternoon. I`m hoping to get across to him how difficult some things are and also talk about the chronic fatigue. We shall see how it goes!

Have as good a day as possible everyone, good luck with your Dr.`s app. Ses

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Ses,Linda & Everyone

Hope you all had a good night sleep. I didn't and feel quite tired again and feel headache coming on. :cry: I rang about my results yesterday and glucose and full blood count was fine. Thyroid results back and I was asked to make a routine appointment with gp. I like to see my own gp and was at surgery yesterday but after then on hol until 11th December.

I asked receptionist if he could ring me after surgery so I could talk to him about my thyroid results. I was told it is a routine appointment and could make appointment and come see another doctor. This is ok if it is a routine appointment for under or over active thyroid. I explained to them that it is different for me as I have had thyroid cancer and the results are more important. They still insisted I should see another doctor. Finally got it across to them how important it was :cry: and was told i could speak to a nurse. Had to wait then for nurse to ring me. Luckily the one that rang knows me well and there was no problem she would ask Dr Patel to ring me. Didn't get phone call that night and thought he would ring me today.

I did get phone cal today at 9.20 this morning and think he might have been ringing from home as was not due in surgery until after his holiday.

He said he would write to my consultant to see what he wants him to do.

My thyroid is overactive at the moment but might have to stay that way to stop any return of cancer cells. Ask to see me when he gets back from holiday. It was so hard trying to get across the urgency to speak with him across to the receptionist. Made me really angry. :cry: Sorry about rant but had to get it out of my system lol.

Ses I am like you forgot about Simon as I do like him as well. I hope you get on ok at doctors. Also Linda and you! You have busy day with going in morning and afternoon. It is good that you were able to forget about all your problems and have a good time with friends. Does make you feel a lot better afterwards.

I hope everyone else is ok. And Lindy hope you didn't get any snow for your trip at work.

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi here everyone,

I am so glad you have had a lovely time Linda, so nice that you were able to have some fun and have a laugh, takes you mind off the pain xxx and yeah cooking meals not easy at all cause if I do attempt my fingers seize up and I am unable function for the rest of the day somehow!!!! So everything bought for crimbo dinner is going to be prepared in the shop unfortunately, not frozen stuff though just prepacked diced veg, frozen aunt Be**ys roast potatoes and then it will be sorted!!!! I do hope your doctor appointment went ok too xxx

Well Tess, it sounds like the receptionist needs some patient/customer service training, as it is your right to see the doctor you require etc and I would be also annoyed in your situation I do hope that you are ok waiting for your next appointment, I hope the wait isn't too long, so you do not have to wait too long to see your Consultant xxx I hope you are feeling a bit better too xx

Well I went to the doctors today and my doctor said that there was no up to date x-ray result which was done in august with my file, luckily I have a print out of the report and I am to give the doctor this and then he is arranging me to see an orthopedic Consultant so that is good he is going to refer me...... my blood results came back ok but as I predicted my sed-rate was elevated so there is inflammation in my body, but there is always inflammation so nothing new!!!!

Anyway I am in so much pain now as I have done to much rushing to the doctors and so my knees and feet are throbbing along with my hip so I am going to go for now xxx I do hope we all can sleep xxxx

I hope Lindy, Helen and Di are ok too xx Take care,

Luv and kisses

• Posted

Hi All,

Glad u had a nice time with ur friends Linda.

Ses, I hope ur not in too much pain with ur knees and hip.

Tess I know exactly what u mean about the GP surgery. I also feel its important to speak to the doctor who has been \"seeing \" to u. They know ur situation and whats been done, what hasnt been etc. If ur seen by a different one, its hopeless! They don`t have the time to read ur files, just brief computerised notes. Alot of the time, they don`t like to tread on the toes of ur original GP, so ur appt can be wasted often as not as they wont do anything.

I understand that appts have to be prioritised etc, but it bugs me when the receptions thinks they can make the decision for u, or that ur query, or ailment isnt important enough. Of course it is...or u wouldnt be ruddy phoning in the 1st place!! Do u think they would look at things differently if they had to spend a day...or a week ....in ur shoes, dealing with the pain...the inability to do tasks that most take for granted.

(GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX LINDY... :lol: )

It didnt snow in Glenrothes. It was an absolutely beautiful sunshiney day! We made it there safely, conference was ok, and the lunch they laid on was fab.. :D (I`ll go back there..lol)

It`ll just be myself, Ian and Connor for Christmas dinner. So easy peasy!! Ians working sleepover Christmas Eve into Christmas Day. Finishes about 1/2ish I think. Take the presents to the girls and then home for dinner. Boxing Day, we`re having friends round. (least I think they`re coming round here...or are we going to them?? My memory is shocking.. :roll: ) Anyhoo....I intend to get pi**ed as a fart! And I MEAN it this year... :lol: I always say that and I never do. I don`t really drink alcohol much. Im a light weight where that`s concerned. I had 2 large brandy glasses of Bailey`s one time...and had to go to my bed... :lol: It amazes me, coz before I had Connor, I could keep up the pace. GOD, where did those days go??? :D

Ian`s working this weekend, so I`ll just be catching up with some paperwork (pls god roll on my holidays).

Monday...the tree is going up! jingle bells, jingle bells... :lol: 1st December every year it goes up to the sound of Frank and Bing roasting their nuts by an open fire.... :lol: ITS TRADITION...much to the woe of Ian and Connor.... :D

Have a good day gals. Might pop on later once my brain is well and truly pickled with my paperwork.

Take Care

Lindy...x

• Posted

Hi Ses, Lindy and Everyone

It is good you are getting somewhere now with your new gp Ses at long last. Why do the hospital always lose the important information that we need. :cry: It is a good job you kept the print out. :lol:

I hope you got a good night sleep with your hip, feet and knees all hurting.

I still not feeling too well and feel like I have a head cold or something. It keeps coming and going. I also keep getting panicky and not sure whether due to fibro or overactive thyroid lol :cry:

Yes Lindy you are right we do need to talk and see the same gp or we don't get anyway. All I wanted was for him to ring me at home which he did the next morning. I wasn't trying to get an appointment as I knew he was on holiday and will go see him when he gets back on the 11Dec.

You are going to have a quiet Christmas Day! I am lloking forward to all my children being there. All five together at the same time for a couple of days. Also looking forward to the two little grandchildren as well. We are going to take Molly to see Santa at Bay Trees Garden Centre after school one evening this week. Should be able to take both probably next year lol./ :lol:

We also put our tree up on the 1st December. We have Jim Reeves christmas album playing. This music is a tradition from when stewart my husband was small. I am going to get all the decorations down out of the cupboard later when I feel up to it. Not got anything else important to do today. Stewart is on shift and has been working all weekend on days. He works for McCains Chips as a supervisor/engineer. Makes sure the machinery keeps working to make the chips we all love. :lol: Where does Ian work as you said he does shifts.? My daughter Claire is lucky this year and has some decent time off. She is a trainee paramedic and is not working until 11pm until 7am Christmas Day night. She has boxing day and four other days off after. She has to work on 23rd, 24th from 11am until 7pm on those days. I also don't drink that much so I ony need about two glasses of wine and I feel sleepy lol :cry:

Well hope you get your paperwork done and have some time for a rest.

Keep smiling everyone :lol:

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Tess, Ses and everyone,

I wholeheartedly agree we should see our `own` GP, the 6 months mine was away was awful!!! I think that`s why Ray has got so bad with his heart failure, he wouldn`t see the locum for all the tea in china! There is one other GP who we did get to know during that time but she is now on maternity leave. He` really poorly again today, no letter from cardiac consultant yesterday, so will ring again on Mon.

My app went ok, it is OA in my toes, he asked if I wanted surgery, to fuse them together I think he said!!?? Maybe you know about that Tess? My blood pressure is up (well what a surprise!!) have to have an assessment on Fri morning. He suggested an assessment by an occupational therapist as I can`t get in the bath and have trouble dressing etc. Has anyone had one of these?

I can`t seem to get into Christmas this year, I expect its all the problems at the moment. Have done most of the shopping on line, so I`m reasonably up to date. We usually put our tree up on the 1st. My daughter has to work Christmas day and Boxing day this year, I think she enjoys it, they have father christmas etc. for the children, and christmas dinner.

We also go to Baytrees, Tess, we usually take Mum to see all the decorations etc. Molly will love it! I expect you will too.

take care everyone,

Love Linda

• Posted

Hi Linda, Ses & Everyone

No wonder your blood pressure is up with all you have to deal with. I hope it goes ok. I haven't heard that with OA in the toes and being fused.

I am still waiting to hear from podiatry dept still. Been waiting since July!

I have never been offered to be seen from an occupational therapist.

It is a pity your daughter has to work but at least she will be with the children in hospital. It has been a few years since I last went to bay trees.

I do hope things get easier for you. Christmas is coming to quick for me I am not ready and seems to get quicker every year.

Take care

Love Tess x x

• Posted

Hi Tess,

Ian works for an organisation that supports people with a learning disability.

He`s a team leader for a housing project. He doesn`t have to do too many sleepovers and mainly works 9-5, with at least 1 sleepover thrown in. He works 2 out of 4 weekends. People are off sick at the moment, which isn`t surprising with all the bugs that are going around, so he has to cover the shifts himself if he can`t get any other staff to do it. He`s working over Christmas, but gets New Year off.

Im so glad I don`t do shift work anymore! I get the occasional student who may work night shift, so I have to visit them in the work place when their on shift, but that doesn`t happen too often (watch this, my next intake will all be night shift... :lol: )

Got a good whack of my paperwork done, I`ll do the rest 2moro as Ian is ......wait for it......ON A SLEEPOVER... :lol:

Its absolutely freezing here tonight. Foggy and bitter! Apparently its to be very very cold during the night. I don`t think the snow is far away. Heatings up full bang, and Ive got wooly socks on with my jammies. Sex kitten or what!! :D

Im typing this whilst waiting with baited breath, on the results from the X-factor.

I hope u all have a good nights sleep.

Catch up 2moro.

Nite Nite

Take Care

Lindy..x

• Posted

Hi Dale, fancy meeting you here. I am just nosey because I am bored.
  • Posted

Hi Lindy, Alicia & Everyone!

It is good you got a lot of your paperwork done out of the way yesterday Lindy. You can chill out a bit more today lol. :lol: It is good Ian got New Year off. Do you celebrate New Year more than Christmas. :lol: I got my decorations out yesterday ready to go on tree tomorrow. Do you have a real Christmas Tree or an aritificial one. We have an artificial one that looks like a real one. :lol: People who come to visit normally think it is a real one apart from those that already know us. Use to have a real one when the children were younger but make so much mess when the pine needles fall. :cry: We have got a real Christmas Tree in our front garden.

We took children to baytrees nursery when they were little and they were all given a christmas treee to plant. We planted about three but only have one now left that has grown nice and tall. Probably put some lights on it to decorate front garden. :lol:

I am like you when stewart on nights I put some pj's on and bed socks. I always wake up when he is not there and get really cold. :cry: Then can't get back to sleep lol.

I am still feeling quite tired today and itchy. Some of the tiredness is due to overactive thyroid and the itching is also. Thought at first it was my softener put in washing until got my results back. There is no rash but just feel itchy. Annoying at night when you want to sleep. :cry:

Hi Alicia

Haven't heard from you for a while how are you? I hope you are coping with the pain with all this damp weather. It is raining here today so not going anywhere today. Stewart my husband is at work until 7 so will just chill out and make a roast for dinner later.

Well take care everyone!

Love Tess x x

• Posted

[img:6751d07189]http://alllayedout.com/Comments/Christmas/graphics/happy_christmas.gif[/img:6751d07189]

Hi there my dear friends, Look I have put our tree up!!!!!

I have just lost everything I have said so annoyed :oops: anyway Lindy, I too like Baileys as that is why I called my puppy \"bailey\" lol,I was so gutted last night that Ruth was kicked out of the x-factor as I thought she was good, I did like Diana at first but I am going off her now and i thought she should have gone last night!!!! A good thing you got your paper work done too so hopefully you will be able to chill out over Christmas?

No wonder your blood pressure is up Linda, you have a lot on your plate at the moment hun xx, I do hope that the Occupational therapist can help you and I hope that Ray hasn't got too long to wait for his appointment xxxx

I think the treatment from your surgery was not good Tess as with your history hun , I think it is disgusting, and having to wait until the 11th of December xx I do hope your headaches are not as bad? I have often had sinusitis in the past which can be linked to fibro? so I am wondering if you may have this?

Anyway my dear friends I am still in pain but that is nothing new and so once I have the x-ray results into the doctor I can see the Orthopedic, so a relief I am getting things sorted out after nearly two years!!!! This doctors surgery has done more for me in the six weeks than the old surgery did for me in 6 months!!!!! I do not know when our decorations are going up as Mike is working and it is getting the time to organize the decorations, I need some cash too as I want to do another colour on my tree for a change??? anyway we will see!!!!

Take care everyone, gentle hugs to you all, xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hiya, I don't really know if I should be here as my Doc and Chiropractor aren't sure if I have fibro or not although I do have ME/CFS which is a factor I suppose. I am over on the ME forum with Dale.

I feel quite uncomfortable reading about your struggles with the DLA as I get low rate care and mobility and it was awarded on my second attempt and you are right. Out of all my difficulties I get care awarded simply on the basis of not being able to plan, prepeare and cook a main meal and mobility because I need someone with me when I go out into unfamiliar places, due to vertigo and cognitive malfunction.

I am also fortunate in that I have a very supportive GP and apart from in the beginning, I have not so far had to go for medicals. they seem quite happy to accept the reports from my GP and ME consultant.

I am not telling you this to brag but to reassure you that it is not always negative. I feel for those of you who are having to fight but don't let the bureaucrats wear you down (easy for me to say, I know).

You watch, I expect at my next review I'll be grumbling because they decide to check me out. :roll:

• Posted

Hi All,

Sure u can be here Alicia... smile

SES, I was shocked and stunned when Ruth got bombed out. I never used to like Diana, but, I have to say, for 17 years old she`s doing fabulous. But I would like to hear a little difference to her voice. I know thats what makes her different...but I find her all abit samey! (Hark at me..lol) I thought either Diana or JLS should have got put out. I think Alexandria`s going to win hands down.

Tess, its an artifical tree we have, but like urs, very realistic looking. I can`t be doing with the mess of real ones, plus, Fergus...one of my dogs...would lift his leg to it.. :lol: Ruddy send us up in a puff of smoke with the fairy lights.. :D Just next to our front door we have an enormous fir tree....and we put lights on that. Its beautiful. Infact, we didnt take the lights down last year...Ian tied them on with those green plastic tie things u get for plants... :lol:

I love Christmas Tess. New Year I can take or leave. I don`t mind celebrating the bells with close friends. Its not like I remember when I was little. My mum making home made soup for the bells, aunts and uncles and cousins coming round....a real get together. But then, everything changes doesn`t it.

SES I know what u mean with the expense of tree decorations. Changed ours a couple of years ago to red and gold, ruddy dear!!! But beautiful. I just love having the decorations up.

Been doing more paperwork... :roll: Just about finished it...thank the lord! Got a bit of a \"fuzzy\" head.

Catch up soon

Lindy..x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.