new to group

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have recently been diagnosed with my third hiatus hernia..have had 2 failed surgies and was if anyone else has had the same oroblem.

i havd been told that i need more surgery. i am very symptomatic and would like some advice on how to handle the symptomz

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi You Can Tried Free Legal Advise & Demand To See An Independant Medical Person To Tell You What & Why This Has Happend,  You Do Not Want To Be Like Me Fighting Off Sepsis & Urinen Infections & Now Have Found That Since The Opp My Prostate Has Enlarged & I Am Being Fast Tract For An Investigation On It & Blood Test After Blood Tests Still Going On After 3 Months & My Be More Now But Any Try That ok Best Of Luck Ok

• Posted

I sympathise with you.  I have a 5cm hiatus hernia and yet they won't do anything to me just give me pills and send me away to suffer in silence.

• Posted

hi have been told i need the surgery but am waiting to have ph studies and osephageal manomatry.

i habe been in an iut iff accident abd emergency with such epigastric pain.

• Posted

Its a nightmare isn't it.  I am the same with A&E and all they do is keep for several hours, do bloods, hook me up to a morphine drip and then discharge me and tell me to see my GP to refer me on but when the GP does they discharge me saying we don't know what the problem is other than the hernia and keep taking the tablets.

• Posted

same problem. i have been told my consultant that he is refering me to uclh because mine is very complicated. as is third time. no medication is working and am on morphine and codine pain.
    • Posted

I have codeine too as well as Amitriptyline and another couple of tablets too.  I think I take around 13 tablets per day to try to keep it at bay which sometimes works and other times I am in agony and curl up with hot water bottles and sweat it out the best I can sad 
    • Posted

I also take anti depressants. i have just got an appointment for the 24hr ph and osephageal manomatry studies. which will be done on the 13/14 feb. hopefully next step will be the surgery. i am dreading the test as am not allowed to take any antireflux medication until after the procedures.
    • Posted

To be honest if it is the same one I had you will probably not feel like eating anyway.  I had a tube up my nose and down into my stomach that had to stay there for 24 hours.  Whilst I had it in I couldn't eat as every time I swallowed I could feel it pulling at the back of my nose and it hurt so I couldn't eat hence when they got the results of the acid in my stomach there was none because I hadn't ate!

• Posted

sounds like the same thing i am having next week. i get acid wether i eat or do not eat. while i am writing this i have got such acid and have only had a cup of herbal tea. they are doing two test one is the 24hr one and the other is to test the muscke strength in my osepgahus. not looking forward to either as both consist if having a tube in my nose.
    • Posted

Well hopefully they get to the bottom of it for you.  Let me know how you go.
    • Posted

will let you know how i go on tuesday. not looking forward to tuesday and wednesday. how are you feeling. am suffering st present as have had to stop all meds until after the procedures. can only take painkilleds and anti depressants.
    • Posted

I have good days and bad days but they just discharged me with no diagnosis or anything other than I have the hernia.  I just take all the pills and try to live each day as it comes along and suffer when it plays up.  They just don't have a clue so they just send people away to suffer.

• Posted

i have been told i need the surgery and will be refered to a surgon following the 24hr tests. my consultant was just waiting for these to be done so hopefully now will get a date for the surgery.
    • Posted

am dying having such a bad acid attack tonight. have not even eaten much only had a yoghourt and a banana. in for a bad night ☹
    • Posted

hi how are you. so i managed the 24 hr tests. they were horrible. but they they left me with terrible nosebleds and now it feels like someone has turned on the acid tap and cannot switch it off. i have a permanent acid. taste in my mouth.
    • Posted

I'm doing ok.  I just go from one day to another hoping for good days really.  It doesn't sound like much fun!   Have you contacted them about the nosebleeds?

• Posted

have seen my gp. he has checked and there is a small laceration that has got infected.has given mr some cream to apply. he has also told me to avoid any acid forming foods. mvmumy blood pressure was rather low becausd of all the nose bleeds and i have to monitor that. have to see him next week. again

thank goidbess gave a very good gp.

• Posted

no let up. in such agony today. at work but going to leave early. hopefully hear from consultant this week. if not i am going to ring him. feel like i have swallowed a bottle of acid..☹
    • Posted

Bad weekend. A lot of pain. Might have to go to accident and emergency tomorrow if not feeling any better
    • Posted

Had to get an ambulance this morning as was in such pain. Given Intravenous morphine and pantoprazzle. They wanted to admit me for symptom and pain control. But I persuaded me to let me home. On oral morphine. Have been told to go back if not better and then I will be admitted. Referral has been sent to surgeon. Accident and emergency doctor also sending an urgent email to my consultant.
    • Posted

Well hopefully the Surgeons will get back in touch soon.  Hope your feeling better soon
    • Posted

Hi hopeyou welL. Have been very poorly. Been in hospital with severe pain. Have just been diagnosed with a condition of the oseghaghus that causes my oseghaghus to go into total spasm. Almost like chest pain. Chatting for surgical referral as need the surgery. I amanaged now unable to eat any solid food as they are scared it is going to start collecting in the hole made by the hernia especially as my oseghaghus is unable to carry the food all the way to my stomach. Am on cardiac medication as they say it works on the osephguage all muscles as well. Am on morphine and other painkillers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.