new to group

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have recently been diagnosed with my third hiatus hernia..have had 2 failed surgies and was if anyone else has had the same oroblem.

i havd been told that i need more surgery. i am very symptomatic and would like some advice on how to handle the symptomz

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Poor you its not nice is it.  Try a hot water bottle too sometimes it can ease the pain slightly.
    • Posted

have invested in a heat pack that you can heat in the microwave and it helps to an extent. not looking forward to tuesday. have to be at hospital early for the one test which lasts a couple of hours. they thwn take the tube out and then get a couple of hours break beforethey insert the tube for the 24 hr test.apparently not been kept in but have to go back on wednesday afternoon to have tube removed.
    • Posted

how are you feeling this weekend. wasvgoing to ask are you in the united kingdom or elsewhere. not having the best of weekends. dreading the 24hr ph and osepgahu gealmanomatry tests on tuesday and wednesday.
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on.  I have had a fairly ok weekend with not too much pain for a change.  Its a rare moment that I cherish when it happens!

I am in the UK yes, how about you?

• Posted

hi yea. iam also in the uk. I live in north london. i am in the medical proffesion so all this is even more difficult as i know what should be done about the symptoms. am dreading tomorrow.
    • Posted

I live up North in South Yorkshire.  I too am in the medical profession in mental health.  Good luck for tomorrow.  Let me know how you get on.
    • Posted

thanksks for your support. about to leave for the hospital as hsve to have ph studies done first and then the 24hr one not staying in overnight so have to go back tomorrow to have tube taken out.
    • Posted

Yes I had that one done too.  It wasn't nice fitting it and I found I couldn't eat with it in as every time I swallowed it was pulling on the back of my nose and I could feel the tube so it made eating really difficult.  Hope it goes ok for you

• Posted

so am home with tube and monitor. not very comfortable. already having so much acid and pain. going to be a long night.
    • Posted

How did you go with the fitting of the tube.  They tried one nostril on me and then had to do the other as it wouldn't go down sad

Lets hope you get some answers. 

• Posted

hi.

hope you are okay. had bery bad night. got 24hr probe in but have such acid that i could scream. i keep pressing the button for pain and regutation as the acid is almost continous. the ph study was horrible .have to go back later today to have everthing removed

• Posted

had the same problem. one nostril was blocked. saw the letter from the consultant and in it he said that i would most likely need more surgery.
    • Posted

all tests now completed. tube out and have such a sore throat. now wait for the results and hopefully a surgery date.
    • Posted

Poor you!  Glad they are over for you now and fingers crossed the results get back quickly and you can get sorted out.
    • Posted

Hi how how are you nothe been so well. Have been in hospital as been vomiting and unable to keep anythings down. Also been choking after meals. Been in a lot of pain. Gp isnow chasing consultant for results. We have a name of the surgeon that will be doing my surgery. Been in so much pain that gp has asked for another abdominal ultrasound. Also found out that my iron levels are low. .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.