New to mirtazipine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok am really struggling on Mirtazipine ... feel like I am not here if that makesnsense....i am shaky and feel spaced out. I have come off 200mg of Sertraline as my doc thinks I need to be on these instead. I can hear my eyes moving in my head ..how long do these effects last for? I have been on 15mg for 1 week.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I'm taking 30mg of mirt and I'm about six weeks in. I'm having weird side effects also. Weird dreams not sleeping properly and everything is an effort and everything feels like it's slow time. I'm assured these effects pass in time. I know how you feel just hang in there and give it a chance. If the same in two or three weeks go back to Doctor. I'm due to go to Dr next week will let you know outcome if you like. X

• Posted

Thank you Mandy. That is exactly how I am feeling. Like walking through quicksand with a blindfold on and a massive hangover. EVERYTHING is a huge effort and I cried today for the 1st time in ages. I am trying go hold out and not give up on them but I am wondering if these side effects ever go away or lessen?!! Thank you for your reply and please let me know what your doc says xx
    • Posted

Glammy,

Dont lose hope, this can be fixed. You are not alone.

• Posted

I will let you know what Dr says and I promise you I've never cried so much in all my life. I honestly didn't think one person had so many years in them. Talk to you soon glammy.x

• Posted

Aww thank you sooo much. My family just don't understand so it's nice to talk to others who do xx

• Posted

Thanks Mandy. I hope you start to feel better soon and get some better answers to help. It's a minefield isnt it? I look forward to hearing from you again. Good luck at the docs xxx

• Posted

Hi Glammy, when did you stop sertraline? Cold turkey or a wean?
    • Posted

Hi Gretel,

No tapering off....just Sertraline one day and Mirtazapine the next. I can hear my eyeballs moving if that makes sense. I just feel horrible all the time xx

• Posted

Hi I couldn't take sertraline they made me quite ill. I'm on 15mg of miratazpine have been on them 10 weeks now the shaking should pass within 2 weeks but each person is different give it abit longer an if no better go back to doctor

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Heather. I just wanted to see what other people's experiences were like before quitting or going back to docs . I will keep taking them a bit longer. Xx

• Posted

Did you taper off the sertraline or just stop cold and go onto mirt ? Why the change ?
    • Posted

I didn't taper. I had the last dose the day before I started the Mirt as that's what my doctor told me to do. I was made to switch as the Sertraline wasn't doing anything for me and as I was on max dose of that he wants me to try Mirt as he thinks it will be more suitable but I feel really weird on it. Like the living dead. I don't like it but want to know if others have experienced this or if I need to stop cos you can't get a docs appt for life nor money at our surgery and you are not allowed to pre book one

• Posted

You could be withdrawing from the sertraline. How long had you been on it ?

Ungortunately the docs don t understsnd about these meds. You need to taper off a med to start a new one especially if it is a different class of med as these 2 are. Or you take the 2 together for a while reducing one and increasing the other.

So it is hard to tell if it is withdrawals or start up effects.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply Sarah...i have been on Sertraline 200 mg for about 4 years so I think it may be withdrawal from that as the doctor just made me stop and start the Mirtazipine straight away xx
  • Posted

My eyes were like that when I upped to 30 mg felt like they were going to Pop out of my head. My nervous system was all over the place. I went without sleep for days on end. So I dropped back down to 15 mg. I'm currently tapering off as does nothing to help me sleep only causes problems.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this Neil. It does help me sleep although how well I don't know as I always feel exhausted the next day. I honestly feel like I am hungover, wading through quicksand and permanently knackered! I will try a bit longer but to be honest if these feelings don't calm down a bit I am gonna have to beg to go back on Sert...at least I felt semi normal on them!! Hope u feel better soon xx

• Posted

It sounds like sertraline withdrawals to me. I would go back on that and taper off slowely. You can take mirt and sertraline together.
    • Posted

Great...thanks for the advice.. .gonna make an appt to see GP again Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.