New to mirtazipine

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ok am really struggling on Mirtazipine ... feel like I am not here if that makesnsense....i am shaky and feel spaced out. I have come off 200mg of Sertraline as my doc thinks I need to be on these instead. I can hear my eyes moving in my head ..how long do these effects last for? I have been on 15mg for 1 week.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi i've been on 15mg mirt for a couple of years  wake up at 4.30 to-5 am every morning im allowed to take 30mg if need be, but took one last night slept right through fo a change wonderful !  but what a s**t day i've had . tired and spaced out all day, feeling really ill  for 2 hours all i want to do was cry. they knocked the life out of me today. i can't tell you how long the side effects last , but  please be careful increasing the dose as the side effect aren't worth  living with if you are taking the for sleep  problems. for me they actually cause more anxiety if i up the dose but i was just desperate for a full night's sleep

• Posted

Chris,

Believe it or not, i was at 15mg/4 months for insomnia. The mirt stopped working at that level. As i started to taper to come off, i regained some sleep at 7.5mg

• Posted

Gretel, hi, i wonder if been on 15mg so long they have stop working and thing i will see how i go if i cut them down  to 7.5. i  may regain some normal sleep over time. it worth giving it a go thank for your reply
    • Posted

Awww Chris I know how you feel. I have really bad insomnia when taking Sertraline but have been on it for so long as I have a myriad of Mental Health problems and obviously the not sleeping for days at a time wasn't helping them which is why the doc changed me to Mirtaz but whilst they defo help me sleep I am actually gaining nothing as the next day I feel so ill and weird. Will stick at it a bit longer but I am defo going back to docs about these side effects as from what others are saying I truly think I am having Sertraline withdrawals. Thanks for the reply xx

• Posted

Chris, no problem. Just be very cautious on an increase. For alot of posters it rarely generates sleep at 30mg. Usually gives alot of side effects. Good luck. If you are interested, there is a fb support page to utilize in conjunction to this site. Just message Toria Stockford on fb and she will add you. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.