New to orlistat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am very happy I have found this page! It's my second proper day on orlistat, I've been having very oily orange stools (sorry for the tmi) so far! I'm currently 17st 10lb I have a months supply of orlistat so hoping I can lose some weight so I can continue with it. I saw a post about taking them whilst doing slimming world which was a brilliant idea. Any other diets or options I need to know to really help me lose some weight!!!!!

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If you are having oily stools then your westing way too much fat in the food you are eating, while on these you need to follow a very low fat diet, sadly these didn't work for me I was 22stone I am now 14st and I did it just by cutting down and exercising. You need to follow a low fat diet they have a few books in Asda if you have one near you, and also slimming world is okay but you'll need to check fat content in their products too ...good luck 

• Posted

Having way to much oil not sure 'westing' came from... smile 

• Posted

Everything you ear must be below 5g of fat every 100g and no more that 15g per meal. It's a tough diet to follow but if u can the weight will come off with no side effects!

• Posted

That's normal hun. Unfortunately it's the tablets worjing on what's already in your system. I have also bad stools today from a handful of fried chips I had Saturday lil

• Posted

Hey Leah! Yeah my bloods have high fat in anyway the doctor says! I've been eating a lot less and much better than how I was before, atleast I know it's doing something I guess!

• Posted

The whole idea is so you don't eat rubbish as the side effects can be awful. My friend poo'd herself in the car and couldn't stop it. They are not magic pills they just stop u absorbing the fat. So basically you eat too much fat it will come out the other end!

Stick to it and you never will!

• Posted

Hello, my diets completely changed, I'm eating a lot less and a lot healthier, surely if there's a slight bit of fat it would come out the other end anyway, it's nearly impossible to eat Without any fat, my doctor said that I'll have loose stools no matter what happens, tbh I don't mind it all that much atleast I know something's happening! It's only my third proper day taking 3 tablets a day before each meal. So I will see if I have lost any weight after a week, if i havnt then maybe I will need to make things a little stricter

• Posted

Hi I'm a newbie too :-) Today is day 2!! So far I've just had wind but even that was fine but i have been on a very restricted diet for the past almost two weeks .

I have a shake for breakfast and lunch , I have maybe 6 pieces of fruit , herbal tea, water , 1 coffee , small healthy dinner . At the weekend it's more of the same with a small treat thrown in .

I'm hoping to stick with this for another 2 weeks in line with orlistat then reduce shakes and reintroduce the right foods . I just need to figure out what will work for me .

I'm praying for weighloss .. substantial weight loss lol!

Can you give a rough idea of your diet and we can figure out how you're symptomatic so soon ?

You'll do super xx

• Posted

Hello Hun! Brilliant! You seem to be doing lots better than me I think regarding a strict diet.

I have cereal and banana for breakfast, for lunch I have a batcholors cheese and broccoli packet pasta (no butter or milk) just water, (they are supposed to be really good on slimming world) then it depends what I have for tea, last night I had a home made curry and the night before I had a home made lasagne! All through the day time I will try my hardest to eat the lowest calorie foods, but for my tea I'm abit more leanient but i still try to be as healthy as I can!

My doctor said that I need to eat a healthy diet, she didn't say it would need to be completely strict! So I'm hoping I'm doing okay!

• Posted

How did you cook a lasagna below 5g of fat. I did this for 8 months and only time I had oil was when I fell off the wagon and had a slice of pizza!!! Never again.

It is a really strict diet and once they are fully in your system you won't be able to eat anything with higher fat in else u break wind and orange oil will leak out. Sorry if too much info but it's true believe me.!!!

Good luck ladies. X

• Posted

lasagne can be fat free, by doing it via, mince frylight, paprika, lasagne sheets, quark and a bit of cheese.tinned tomatoes
    • Posted

Hey . I would definitely make sure your milk on cereal is skimmed . Check the fat content of the pasta pack too it could be high . Lasagne (even if making with passata) the actual white sauce bit and if you're having cheese on it could be hurting you.

The diet on these tabs is a fear factor .. it does have to be very much monitored . Just try changing things up and I bet your side effects will lesson .

I took three .. yes three small chips off my fiancées plate last night and I had really bad cramps lol no explosions just warning cramps telling me not to push it x

• Posted

Even a bit of cheese can be lethal as it's usually 35-40g of fat per 100g. Plus I know I couldn't do just a bit of cheese!!!!

Drool chhheeessseeeeeeeee!!🧀🧀🧀

• Posted

Ah that's soooo true - when I slipped last week I had a few near misses when running for the toilet!

• Posted

I know it's already happened to me.

And I used low fat mince, fry light and then packet pix, like I said I allow my tea to not be as healthy as the rest of my meals but I still keep them as healthy as possible.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.