New to orlistat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I am very happy I have found this page! It's my second proper day on orlistat, I've been having very oily orange stools (sorry for the tmi) so far! I'm currently 17st 10lb I have a months supply of orlistat so hoping I can lose some weight so I can continue with it. I saw a post about taking them whilst doing slimming world which was a brilliant idea. Any other diets or options I need to know to really help me lose some weight!!!!!

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya, welcome to the gang...this forum & the many discussions are really supportive which helps us all as doing this alone is very hard for most people.

My Dr also advised following slimming world whilst on these but I follow it in relation to the orlistat rules so pretty much no cheese or chocolate lol. It takes time to adapt & find out what works for you but the tablets can't distinguish between good & bad fats so things like salmon which is technically good for you might have adverse effects! There is a 4 day meal planner on this site if you search for orlistat - its devised by a Norfolk hospital & gives you a balanced diet to follow. Good luck xx

• Posted

hi cath, i stayed the same this week, i believe its because i had time of the month visit me last night so heavy and now im bloated as hell, weigh in was this morning so it destroyed any chance of a loss this week for me
    • Posted

Aww hun blooming TOTM! I feel sooo bloated myself & have significant fluid retention so if it continues I reckon my weigh in will also stay the same. Plus I want to eat cake! I'm dreaming of eating cake lol 

• Posted

I gained a whopping 3lbs this week - TOTM & water retention, kids party, day at the in-laws & other half cooking cos I've broken my toe! Gonna do slim fast this week as I quite enjoy that. How are you doing? x

• Posted

well ive recovered from that dominos i had on sat, back to having no side effects which is good. it was so bad, that will be the only thing letting me down for a loss this week, however im due a loss from last week as it was my totm last week and i stayed the same so hoping for a little loss this week despite the dominos

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.