new to orlistat, any tips please?

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone. I started orlistat Friday (29/11/13) can anyone give me some tips? I don't think i generally eat alot but I may be a secret eater. I dont eat breakfast but now I've started. So this is my eating now,

Breakfast I have a bowl of special k with semi skimmed milk. Lunch I have chicken breast with a small sweet potato (light butter) and salad with a small dollop of light mayo. Then dinner ive been eating a lot of stews/casserole lately. With lots of veg in it. Tonight im having a beef stew. I dont really eat bread and if I do its wholemeal. And ive swapped white potatoes for sweet potatoes. I really want to do this well anf loose weight. I dont drive so I walk alot or use buses. Im a single working parent so sadly I really don't have the time to be in the gym all the time.

Any help id be really grateful. Also ive not had any side effects. I do sometimes feel bloated and a bit constipated.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

And thank you Britney x
  • Posted

Hi gefow Your welcome i personally wouldn't risk it but i guess you must have eaten by now. It wouldn't matter if you had no fat at all all day the fat gram is higher than the recommended 5g per 100g so you would still get the side effects however you could be lucky! let me know how you get on smile x
  • Posted

How long will it normally take to kick in? I had my tea about half six and been ok so far? X
  • Posted

About 24 hours. If you are going to get the side effects you will get tummy bug type pains in your stomach then you know the rest hopefully you will be ok smile x
  • Posted

Hi,

I started using orlistat 3 weeks ago, then I stopped for 4 days before I stop I used to have oily stool. But now I returned taking orlistat 2 times per day and no oily stool is this normal? 

Thanks 😊

• Posted

Well I used them for 3 days and well I’ve never rid the Porceline so much in a week in all me life gave me the squits from day one like cough and it’s all over bar the shouting but ye be warned if you ain’t used to them and don’t want to be sat on the s*****r for the next week I’d stay well away make sure you’ve got plenty of s**t roll because a pack of 12 won’t wash hope this review was helpful as to the woman on the review who started them today you’ll prob get this when ur of the s*****r because I guarantee there be claw marks on the wall buy time u finish in there I tell ya ??😂

• Posted

Hi I been on orilist 5 weeks now .must be doing something wrong not lost any weight .I drink a lot of tea milk half a sugar .toast with a bit of butter .for breakfast and dinner some times then main meal .any one help me to hope u lose weight Chelsea
    • Posted

Hi ian I drink a lot of tea but I have sweetner and I also allow myself 2 slices of brown toast but I only put marmite on mine without butter. I also stick.to protein and vegetables which do work for me. I weighed 100.0 kg last friday and I weighed Again yesterday and I was 96.0kg :-) but I have to be honest I slipped up yesterday and ive been really paying for it today :-( so whatever you or anyone else taking these go extra careful as the side effects people talk about are so real :-( good luck :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.