New to Orlistat... Need some help...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm starting my tablets on Monday and after reading everyone's stories on here I am in high hopes.  The only thing is, my nurse never gave me any diet guide, etc - I know you're supposed to eat around 5g of fat per 100g, but am I looking at the total fat on packet labels or the fat 'of which saturates'?  I want to start this on the right foot so any help is appreciated xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi you don't get a guide you read the food labels and just total fat. I have a blog with ideas if you want it

x

• Posted

I got a diet sheet when I was given them by my gp. Also the chemist had a print off on things to avoid. I think all gps should do that as so many people don't know what to eat!!
    • Posted

@fatfairy I so agree with you. Lets be honest the majority don't care and it's easier for them just to write out a prescription, see you in 4 weeks and  cheerio!
    • Posted

So true and if you poo your pants then you shouldn't eat rubbish lol!!! 

My friend was told nothing and didn't read up on it and had so many accidents she have up!sad

• Posted

I wasn't told much about it but the cow of a nurse told me to eat chicken from a kebab shop- nasty bit of work! she wanted me to get side effects i don't even eat out of takeaways why does everyone presume that anyone who is overweight eats takeaways? oh god that must have been awful for your friend!
    • Posted

Omg what a bitch!! I rarely have take away think my down fall is wine cheese and portions are too big 😳 but since being on the pills I lost 3 stone but problem is now I've stopped them I do pick at the odd biscuit ect but really don't wanna pile it back on. X
    • Posted

Oh yes my friend 💩💩💩💩💩in her brand new BMW lol!!! She said it stained the seats! Nice lol
    • Posted

that is an understatement lol my dowfall was cheese, bread and chocolate haven't touched them since i started -well apart from laughing cow plastic lightest which is VILE! I thought from much earlier posts you had finished your weightloss journey are you still on them now? or doing it without them? oh crap ignore that i see you have come off them i need glasses!.

I would go mad if that had been me poor her and the car lol x

• Posted

I would like to loose another stone but doc says I gotta do it alone sad tight git!! I just go up and down 7lb lol. 

Since coming off them I do nibble cheese n naughty bits as I know there are no side effects!! That's all that kept me on the straight and narrow lol. 

Yes poor car! Company car too dunno how she will explain the stain when it goes back lol. 

• Posted

Why won't they give them? doesn't seem fair seeing as you have lost weight do you find you can control the cravings now your off them? i did come off them last year and still ate as i do now and i will be coming off them very soon. I will never eat cheese etc again as it was my downfall i know i have strong willpower but i jjust would rather stay off them completely.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when your friend explains that one! x

• Posted

He said I'm not onset now to jog on they are too expensive. I'm a size 14 now but wanna be a 12. I was 18-20😳

I find it hard when my skinny other half has baked Camembert with crusty bread n butter DROOOOLLLLLLLL 

Some days I'm good some days I'm just awful lol. 

• Posted

He sounds a right twerp. I started at a 24 (yep) now a 12-14. I tend to cook my husband whatever i am eating apart from quorn he can't eat it but yeah he is also slim and doesn't have to worry! i love cheese i used to have cheese on everything even cheese on cheese my favourite was smoked the Bavarian one i can still taste it lol but i would still rather be wearing my size 12 dress than be filling up my face on cheese! x
    • Posted

I had cheese on everything too. Cheese in tom soup, sliton on my steak , chese on toast for breakfast omg I want cheese lol. 

Think I'm a big mouse 🐭🐭🐭🐭

• Posted

Thankyou smile

pmsl@big mouse i think i must have ate x blocks of it a week barf! and i liked Boursin aswell shame it wasn't 4g per 100! x

• Posted

Hi, I am in the same position, with out any food guides or help, would be so grateful if you could help me with any information

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.