New to Orlistat... Need some help...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm starting my tablets on Monday and after reading everyone's stories on here I am in high hopes.  The only thing is, my nurse never gave me any diet guide, etc - I know you're supposed to eat around 5g of fat per 100g, but am I looking at the total fat on packet labels or the fat 'of which saturates'?  I want to start this on the right foot so any help is appreciated xx

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, welcome. 

On all packets look at the fat content and try and stay under 5g per 100g but not saturated . 

Have no more than 15g per meal so 45g a day. 

I use my fitness pal app it's fab tells u fat and calories and adds it all up for you over the day. 

Just stay away from high fat contents to avoid accidents. If you have no side affects your doing it right smile Good luck 

• Posted

Hi i keep hearing about this APP can someone tell me exactly what im looking for i want it if it helps.

I got told zilch off my doctor about orlistat, i lost 5lb in first month bit gutted but hey a loss is a loss, these chats have helped massivley, good luck xxxxx

• Posted

Just type in my fitness app in ur phone or tablet. It's free and tells u the amount of fat in EVERYTHING smile
    • Posted

are you talking about myfitnesspal? it tracks your cals/fat etc it won't tell you what to eat. 5lb off is better than 5lb on. If your stuck for ideas i have a blog with meal ideas if that's what you meant x
    • Posted

Yeah I used that as I calorie counted as well as stayed below the fat wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.