New to panic attacks won't go away

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello,

It all started three weeks ago when I thought I was having a heart attack at work, went to the er and was told I had a panic attack/anexity, I went to my gp and she told me to go to the cardiologist just to get checked out. Stress test was great all vitals good , went back to the gp and retired me to the neurologist haven't been seen yet. All blood work is normal had 5 ekg done all good . I've been to the Emergeny room now five times. I have these everyday now I can't find a reason for it , I can barely work sometimes I have to leave. My wife thinks I'm crazy, I don't know what to do , any random pain now and I think I'm dying. I need help I have an appointment with a therapist but have to wait a month to get in. I can't eat ice lost 20 pounds I have no love for life like I used too. This just started I feel wierd dizzy tight neck arm sometimes goes numb chest pains sometimes. I think I'm losing it. I think just writing this made me feel better .

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you for discussing to us about your symptoms and also about your treatments in the hospital as well.  I get panic attacks often after my car accident 16 years ago, but I really think that I had a mild version of them as a child.  I all of a sudden get very tense everywhere, I feel like I cannot breathe, and my chest hurts.  These symptoms I feel are like heart attack symptoms, but they are really panic attack symptoms.  I sometimes have panic attacks while driving my car and I have to stop for a few minutes.  The things that have helped me through it are the following:  keep a diary about your symptoms, tell your doctor about your symptoms on a frequent basis, and do some de-stressing strategies like making stressballs, yoga, exercise, or go swimming.  I hope this helps.  
  • Posted

So just a little update the meds have been helping , but still having bad thoughts and random chest pain and left arm pain/ numbness . I saw a psychologist today and he helped me with some new tools that I hope will work.
    • Posted

Also me I came back good two weeks heart monitor good and everything basically with heart good. Trying to tell myself these damn chests pains aren't real

• Posted

Meant to put mri sorry
  • Posted

Dude, you are experiencing exactly what I'm going through right now. I ultimately feel for you because I understand the pain.

• Posted

It sucks people don't understand what's going on , but luckily I have this place to at least get a peace of mind.

• Posted

I just keep saying it's not real.

• Posted

Yeah, it'd really hard for others to understand exactly what it feels like to be caged constantly in a state of anxious thought. I understand man. I'm literally having panic attacks everyday now and it just started about four days ago where it is everyday. The physical symptoms are what are scary the most. It's just the thought of wanting to be back like the way you were before that really gets it. Just hang in there. I've had my girlfriend constantly get mad at me for my constant movement and standing and laying down and calling her name and telling her I want a doctor. You're not alone man.

• Posted

Update been on lexapro for 10 days along with kolnopins. Haven't eaten much but have been trying I think it's a side effect of the the lexapro. Had one last test from heart doctor and told me she is 99% sure it's not my heart. I still have chest pains and left arm numbness. I have been doing more lately but still get dizzy and freak out when it happens. I just started cbt therapy so I have a list of exercises to incorporate into my daily life. I have 6 doctors appointments next week for a trapped nerve or nerve damage causing this. Sleep apnea, shrink visit to tell him how I'm doing on my meds. Regular gp visit. And some others. My wife says she thinks this has been my best week so far I haven't locked my self in bed or anything but am still sceptic of all these doctors telling me it's anexity. But, I will continue to ray my best.

• Posted

Hello, I know this thread is from a year ago, but is anyone still active on it? Would really love to talk to you guys
  • Posted

Hi Jeff,

How are you doing? I am experiencing symptoms extremely similar to you and am trying to accept that it is anxiety. Any updates?

Thanks and hope you are well!

Brittany

• Posted

Hi. I know you wrote this a while ago but just found this. I am so sorry we are all going through this. The one thing that struck me was when you said that just writing this helped and I guess because our minds are off our pain for the time it takes to write. I have been having random chest pains, then head pains but never at the same time. If my head hurts my chest doesn’t and vice verse which to me tells me it’s anxiety which has been in high gear lately. I am 67 and we are moving. The thought of this has put my anxiety into overdrive because I am terrified I will not be here to enjoy my new home. The thought of moving is terrifying. Today has been really bad. I feel like my insides are shaking, my back hurts and chest discomfort. This is such a vicious cycle and I really want to be the way I was two y ars ago before I had my first anxiety attack. Hope we can all feel better some day and all our pains go away. Thanks for listening 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.