New to panic attacks won't go away

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello,

It all started three weeks ago when I thought I was having a heart attack at work, went to the er and was told I had a panic attack/anexity, I went to my gp and she told me to go to the cardiologist just to get checked out. Stress test was great all vitals good , went back to the gp and retired me to the neurologist haven't been seen yet. All blood work is normal had 5 ekg done all good . I've been to the Emergeny room now five times. I have these everyday now I can't find a reason for it , I can barely work sometimes I have to leave. My wife thinks I'm crazy, I don't know what to do , any random pain now and I think I'm dying. I need help I have an appointment with a therapist but have to wait a month to get in. I can't eat ice lost 20 pounds I have no love for life like I used too. This just started I feel wierd dizzy tight neck arm sometimes goes numb chest pains sometimes. I think I'm losing it. I think just writing this made me feel better .

1 like, 68 replies

68 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

So today was my first day back I work I got randomly dizzy, chest pains and really really tired. Is this normal first day back at work. Is this something that will become an everyday thing or will it slowly go away. I felt pretty damn good this weekend not so great today but not the worst day I have had.
    • Posted

everything you do will tire you out, so going back to work has exhausted you. Try and takes things a day at a time. Lots of rest, drink lots of water, eat healthy, sleep well etc.etc.etc.

how are you doing with the Klonopin?

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Pretty well so far I'm not freaking out or anything I when I get a pain I just don't think about .today was the first day I walked around and did my job in 3 weeks and I was honest to everyone with what's going on with me, they all said they want the old me back. I'm sort of zombified with the pills but at least I can function.

• Posted

I can't tell you loud enough how important staying hydrated is. Many  health problems are caused by...dying of thirst. Even if I don't feel thirsty, I drink all day, and if I wake up in the night. My first blood test in many years showed that I was severely dehydrated, and that at  times was at the base of many of my problems.

However, try not to drink a lot of any liquid with food except milk (considered a food) or wine, (which most of avoid now) as it thins out the digestive juices needed for good processing of food in the stomach. I wait an hour or so after a meal...longer with a heavy meal, and stop with the water half an hour before a meal. What a difference, no more indigestion, acid reflux, etc. You might want to do your own research. Do not believe anyone or any ad that tells you that you don't  need plenty of water.

My mom, gone now, hated water. it was hard for me to watch what was happening to her body, and her mind, from being dangerously  dehydrated. Her last few years, she could no longer poop without help, and would still not drink a glass of water, much less the amount she needed. Soda, milk, juice, etc. don't do the trick!!. Some parts of the body specifically need WATER....like ...the brain!!!! Get youself a jug or pitcher, whatever, that you enloy looking at, and a glass or mug you like and keep them filled, on your desk so that all day, there it is...reminding you. When I finish a glass, I refill it and put it in the room I will be in next so I can't forget.  WATER WATER WATER EVERYWHERE and we don't drink enough. Hope this helps...try it you'll like the results, I premise.

• Posted

Mri came back normal I'm behind tired all the time I've been driving plenty of water. If I do to much I'm easily exhausted . Headaches are napping more frequently. Any suggestions or is this a normal thing.

• Posted

google ppi and b12 so much will pop up along with other deficiencies.
    • Posted

we discussed all this. Have you made an appt. with your doctor to deal with it?
    • Posted

I've been taking b12 sublingual twice a day and I have an appointment next thursday

• Posted

who do you have an appointment with?

Too much B12 can also cause side effects....did you get good advice before you started?

Ask your doctor about magnesium?

• Posted

sorry my post went into cyber space before I had chance to finish..

See what your doctor says.

I am like a zombie if I take a normal dose of Klonopin, so I take 0,125mg. I'm not suggesting this is enough for you but you could try breaking your dose in half and see if that is enough.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Only take it once a day.
    • Posted

never heard of ppi.

I thought it was qd or QD  once a day

b.i.d....bid....BID  twice a day...

maybe a different country.

take care

Sxx

• Posted

Ppi is a proton pump inhibitor it  is a class of medication used for digestive issues. 🙂
    • Posted

getting mixed up.

I know what ppi is and about them and vitB.

I take vitB, magnesium and omega369. I ask for advice at the health food shop but sometimes wonder if they know enough.

take care

Sxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.