New to Peri. Racing heart and shaking, Stiff back

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hello ladies, i am new to this forum and thank God i found it. About a week ago i woke up in the night with racing heart, shaking, unable to breath. I thought i was dying, I called 911 and the ems came to my home. I went to the hospital and took test all came back normal. The dr said i had a panic attack. I never had one in my life and it scared the living daylights out of me. This morning i got up and felt off. I could barely stand, felt very weak and my heart started to race. Heavy breathing. I drank plenty of water and laid on the couch. It has now stopped. This is all new to me and i do not no what to do. I called in work and i am still in bed scared to get up. Can you ladies please give me some advice. How long does this last ? thank you

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sally. I don't have much advice, as I am relatively new to peri myself (10 months since my first migraine aura), but I wanted to let you know you aren't alone. I have had many scary nights/mornings with palpitations. I don't have hot flashes, per se, I have more of what I would describe as anxiety flashes. It is such an odd and uncomfortable feeling. It is scary and dreadful. Hopefully, we will all find relief soon. xo

• Posted

hi sally i also have a tv in my bedroom which dosnt even get switched off at night the background noise helps me sleep and if i wake up in the middle of the night i just go channel hopping and find something good to watch and tend to fall back sleep within the hour so i think it will help you settle your mind goodluck xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.